All about Mig-21bis

Flanker_27

Sorry my english.

My favourite airplane is Mig-21 so i want to know everything abouit it.

The Mig-21 has some parts what i dont know what is it, and the manual dont write it.

First have a tube in front of the plane, i read a forum long time ago, this is an outside temperature sensor, but i dont fint the gauge inside the cockpit that show the outside temperature

kXBXYdl.jpg

Please tell me where i find it or if it not temperature sensore what is it.

Hawe some other parts what i dont know what is it, and i dont find anywhere where describe what is it.

6IwvSXk.jpg

jxMAZlt.jpg

Please help me. THX!

Small hole on the port side of the dorsal tank is for the fuel pressurization system. Don't know about the intake above it, but it might be related. Big elongated intakes between wings and stabilators are for cooling the afterburner section. The smaller ones above and behind are for cooling nozzle actuators.

On vertical stabilizer: triple rods on top are IFF antennas (same as the ones below the nose), fork-thingy protruding aft is RSBN antenna (same as the one below the nose), fairings on both sides are RWR antennas.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Maybe the last 2 circles could be the UHF/VHF antenna and the rear radar warning reciever antenna?

Mig-21 - Mig 15 - Mi-8 - F-86 - FC3 - Ka-50 - CA - L39 - Hawk - M2K - NTTR - A10C - FW190 - L39 - F-5E - AJS 37 - Normandy - F/A-18C - Persian Gulf -

I have another question. This litle tub if i know correctly fuel drain, and can effuse the fuel in emergency situation. Can use it in simulator and if yes how?

zeZgyAZ.jpg

I don't know what controls would activate such a system

But if you want to get rid of all your fuel the MiG-21Bis won't stand in your way...

Don't know about the Fishbed, but generally drains in aircraft serve the purpose to remove waste fluids from the systems as a whole. Imagine it as a waste disposal for "spilled" respectively unburned fuel or oil vented out of some valves, so now waste fluids which have to get lost. This happens automatically by air draft and ducts.

• 2 weeks later...