Toggle switch command giving me fits...

I've tried a number of things to get my on/off toggle switch to act like a two way switch for the 'Rocket Jettison Switch" in F86F. I was able to change a few other with no problems but this key is giving me fits. After reading a ton of stuff on these forums yesterday and trying to edit the Save games diff file too, I was hoping someone may have a solution or idea I could use.

This is the command from the default Lua file I'm trying to change:

down = device_commands.Button_30, cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYSTEM, value_down = 1, name = _('Rocket Jettison Switch'), category = _('Center Pedestal')},

Here is one thing I've tried:

{down = device_commands.Button_30, up = device_commands.Button_30 cockpit_device_id = devices.WEAPON_SYSTEM, value_down = 1, value_up = 0 name = _('Alt Rocket Jettison Switch'), category = _('Center Pedestal')},

Whenever I've edited this button in the default Lua all my button commands disappear. I do have a number of other buttons added/changed with no problems.

Any ideas?

Hi Zeke,

You might be interested in trying this (unless you've seen it and tried it before) :

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=124480

I was used to modify the default.lua for the switches in the A-10C, but since version 1.2.11 or 1.2.12 (I don't remember which one), it was no longer possible.

Karls' mod saved my life.

Laurius

• Like 1

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80

Hi Laurius,

Thanks, although I downloaded his Data mod lua file I didn't look at his example to hard since I was studying from a different post on how to edit that file. Whatever I tried didn't work.

Well, I just saw my mistake after reading that post again and viola I can edit that file and it works just fine. :)

Still wish I new why my other buttons work in the default file but not that rocket switch.

Thanks for your help!

Zeke, you're welcome !

when things started to change with this default.lua, I had some switches working fine but not all of them when editing this file, mainly the 3-positions switches. But most of the 2-positions switches were working fine.

Then, at some point none of them were working anymore.

That's why I came to this mod and now everything is working sweet.

So, if I understood well, this particular switch you mentioned is now working ?

If so, that's great !

I couldn't figure out either why some switches were working and some other not while editing the default.lua file. Still a mystery.

Now, I don't bother anymore with this default.lua and everything is fine since I use that mod.

I'm glad if I could've been of any little help to you.

Cheers

Laurius

Asus P8Z68 Deluxe, Intel Core i7-2600K (3.4 GHz), Corsair Vengeance 2x4096 Mo DDR3 1866 MHz, SSD 120 Go Vertex 2, EVGA GeForce GTX 970 FTW ACX 2.0 4Go (04G-P4-2978-KR), TM HOTAS Warthog #03797 (MB replaced), Saitek Combat Pro Rudder, TrackIR 5, TM Cougar MFDs with Lilliput 8" UM 80