Q: Payloads authorization check in MP?

Hi,

I just read the changelog of the latest patch and have to ask, what is meant with: Multiplayer. Payloads authorization check added.?

And: Ho do I use it as host/ client?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Fire

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry but, what it means? It's possible to approve only a defined number of payloads for each aircraft? Or it's something like the users can't edit lua files to have weapons where it couldn't be?

Sorry but, what it means? It's possible to approve only a defined number of payloads for each aircraft? Or it's something like the users can't edit lua files to have weapons where it couldn't be?

I think it means that only loadout configs can be selected in-game where every store complies to the allowed loadouts.

I.e. you can manually alter the payload.lua for an aircraft so that you can equip weapons that can't be selected in the mission editor. This way you could load for example a Mk82 on the MiG-21. But with this new check active, such a payload config will not be selectable in-game anymore.

At least this is how I imagine it - haven't tested it, though.

It's enabled by default. Won't stop users from joining, but they cannot use crazy payloads.

I think it means that only loadout configs can be selected in-game where every store complies to the allowed loadouts.

I.e. you can manually alter the payload.lua for an aircraft so that you can equip weapons that can't be selected in the mission editor. This way you could load for example a Mk82 on the MiG-21. But with this new check active, such a payload config will not be selectable in-game anymore.

At least this is how I imagine it - haven't tested it, though.

But I thought, the Integrity Check (IC) does this already ensure?

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But I thought, the Integrity Check (IC) does this already ensure?

Afaik that does only check that certain files are not modified on the client side. But payloads.lua is a user setting under Saved Games which is not checked. Otherwise every client/user would have to have the exact same payloads which he must not alter in the ME.

Can it also be used to prevent people from loading their Hog like a B-52? E.g. 6*GBU-12, 6*AGM-65?

I don't think so. This loadout is possible in the original payload list.

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

Yeah, I know a Buff doesn't carry that particular loadout and that it can carry a lot more. And I also know a Hog under some circumstances carries 2x3 AGMs (withouth the 6 GBUs that is). But you know what I mean by turning the Hog into a Buff. ;)

Edited by JayPee

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Oh I think we're all guilty of loading the A-10's at 150% max gross weight at some point or another. I mean, why wouldn't you want 6x mavs, 6x GBU-12's, 6x Mk.82's, 2x CBU-97's, TGP and 4x sidewinders? We all want to win the war in one sortie solo right? :P

Seriously though, this is just to verify that the loadout matches what the actual hardpoints can fit. Thus the infamous 24x Vikhr Ka-50 will be no more in MP. Though I've only come across one of those once. And yes, the 24x Vikhr setup works just fine. I tried it in SP a few times.

I barely use MAVs anymore it was fun at first, but after a while it just felt like it was a one sided encounter.

rather load TGP, A few LGBs and just use GAU on everything.. :)

Thise missions that state enemy choppers in the briefing, I debate if I want to use AIM9s or Pot them in hover with the Mavericks, lol

But yeah, users were editng loadouts un realistically most likely.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs