Invalid fuse of CBU bomb

bin801

After I choose CBU105 and set all arm on. It shows invalid fuzing, only for CBU.

I didn't set SPI, but I set mark on my target with TGP.

After mark is set, HUD looks normal, "invalid fuzing" sign dispear from HUD, but when CCRP reach attack range, between those two small triangles, I press and hold release button, the CBU won't go away from its station.

Did I miss any step?

why only CUB fuse is invalid? while others are all fine.

what means invalid??

Thanks

Edited by bin801

Page 292 of the manual.

Nose and tail fuze types and nose and tail fuze settings are listed on between OSB 16 and 20

generally. If a fuze setting or choice is invalid, it will be highlighted in yellow.

Page 373, 377, 383...394

Edited by mvsgas

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

N/T OBT is not highlighted

and I found "CCRP invalid" on HUD

I did finish NAV system Inital procedure

:doh:

IIRC, for CBU-103/105 and JDAMS, you have to set up a SPI. This is what the bombs use to guide into. Also, make sure you holding the weapons release button. Not just tap/press it

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

IIRC, for CBU-103/105 and JDAMS, you have to set up a SPI. This is what the bombs use to guide into. Also, make sure you holding the weapons release button. Not just tap/press it

Do you mean, the Mark (made by TMS short right press) can not lead JDAMS?

Why the INVALID FUZING appear just after I choose CCRP and choose CBU?

If Can not lead CBU is correct, should there appear "invalid fuzing"? and the sign will appear, everytime, when i chose CBU bomb?

and, there even appear CCRP INVALID somemoment.

thanks alot for your respond

One interesting thing happen, in other self made missions, CBU105 is ok in combat.

all those situations happen only in one self made mission.

I am curious, what makes the CBU 105 fail, why only in that mission?

I still do not realize any difference I did in this mission from the others

If Can not lead CBU is correct, should there appear "invalid fuzing"? and the sign will appear, everytime, when i chose CBU bomb?

You can slew the TGP to the mark... But you have to set it as SPI with TMS FWD/UP. I think you are getting invis fuzing because the weapon is designed to activate at a certain height. With out knowing the target height. It can't "fuse".

(That last part is PURE conjecture on my part)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

See if this helps you:

Case in point: are you below the designated HOF when you try to release?

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

See if this helps you:

Thanks. I HAVE been wondering about the ballistic/chute types of fall stuff and if it was related to the pipper being sometimes hard to bring into the HUD.

Also you made me realize the reason why you would want "low drag" bombs in the first place. It is now totally clear: The Mk-80 series has been around since the 50's, and in the era of Continuously Uncompted Impact Points, you absolutely needed eye contact with target at release, for weapon effect of any relevance. And low drag allows for the impact point to move further ahead, making it eventually visible to the pilot's eye, even at flatter dive angles.

You fine Connoisseurs, correct me if I'm wrong!

don't know the reason, but after I press and hold button to release GBU38 . In weapon manage page it shows "Release Aborted" and GBU38 is till on its station.

I want to know

How to reset the GBU to let it RDY to be released?

and Why bomb release is aborted?

Thanks

you have to hold the pickle button down till the bomb comes off the rail. If you let go of the button you get the release aborted.

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

It's all about the SPI. A mark point in itself doesn't guide any weapons. If your SPI is ON your mark point, then you can guide weapons to it. Consider mark points as containers, if they're empty it's a no go. If you've placed your SPI inside it, way to go.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]