Saitek's PGCU finally made useful

Have had this lying around for years. It really is incredibly bad design. It's intended for FPS games but is a total pain to use that way.

And I thought: let's mod this thing and I'll have a makeshift UFC!

dcs_ufc_pgcu_day.jpg

dcs_ufc_pgcu_night.jpg

The cool thing is, the device is automatically recognized as a DX controller, no need to map keystrokes -- just assign stuff directly in DCS. Feels nice finally being able to feed the scratchpad from a physical controller!

Nice. I like your layout. BTW, what's the display device behind your MFCD "frame"? I've seen iPads... how do you handle yours?

Might consider upgrading to that too :)

Nothing exiting just an old 10 inch monitor I had kicking around with Cougar MECCa stuck permanently to it :thumbup:

P_20150406_165729.thumb.jpg.2016b3cf166f47ed1a22e741c69e070e.jpg

P_20150406_165715.thumb.jpg.68b09c96f1194e4fd7328a529f27f3e2.jpg

Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee

Muhammad Ali-(Cassius Clay)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Okay cool. But: this monitor's ratio is... what? 3:1 ?!

Or did you saw one half off of it? No wait I know. You drilled a slit through your desk and the 3:4 display is actually recessed into the desk? Doesn't it hang in your knees' way? :lol:

Also nice tape job. You look like you could build a house out of it. :)

Yep you got it. cut a hole in the top of the desk and it sits on the keyboard draw... my knees are free (couldn't operate the rudder peddles otherwise) :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cool. Voluntarily damaging furniture for DCS is commitment. I have damaged my office chair to accomodate a throttle block. I plan to carry on damaging.:pilotfly:

If you haven't, at least, drilled holes in a desk (or chair) to mount flight sim hardware, then you aren't really serious. :P

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

If you haven't, at least, drilled holes in a desk (or chair) to mount flight sim hardware, then you aren't really serious. :P

F#cked up many desks, chairs, monitors, joysticks to get this far. will for sure f#ck up many again before I leave this mortal planet or before 2.0 arrives (Which ever comes first) :music_whistling:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]