Running Helios over network

Hi guys, I'm interested in running a Helios profile on my touchscreen laptop sending keystrokes over my network to my DCS PC. Reading previous posts about achieving this, I'm assuming this isn't possible to do unless an additional app or program is used (pittools). The posts I've been reading are earlier posts somewhere around 2009-2012 I believe, so I'm hoping this is possible to do nowadays without additonal programs, etc.. I'm not really interested in operational gauges on my profile, I can do without em if I have to. Any instructions or advice is greatly appreciated on trying to set this up as I am new to Helios.

Edited by shure_loser

Good question,

I am also running DCS + Helios on my pc without any problems, but maybe running helios on another pc may improve the fps?

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

• 3 months later...

Hi - I am in the same predicament. I would like to use my laptop which is on the same network as my simulator PC to run Helios. There is no way to slave the laptop screen directly from the PC so the only way to do it is to run Helios on my laptop and network it to the PC.

I followed the instructions from Gadroc - ran profile editor on my PC, loaded my profile (which already has DCSA10C interface added, made sure that the laptop IP address is entered in properties and that A-10C setup is correct with the correct install path.

I then go onto the lap top and run profile editor and make sure that the correct IP is entered in the profile as with the PC. The only problem is I have no idea how to configure the monitors. I am not a noob to monitor configuratio but this is a network situation. I go to profile and select reset monitors and only the laptop monitor shows up - I presume this is correct - but when I run the profile it says the monitor config is incorrect....

Please someone help me out here I am going crazy. I am trying to save money but not buying a dedicated touchscreen monitor but it seems I may have to.

JP