Rudder no longer trims. Thank you ED!

The thing is, nobody has force feedback pedals. Therefore you have to re-center the pedals - similar to what you do with your non-ffb joystick - and that results in a discrepancy between your pedal position and the virtual pedal position in 99% of the time. And if you now even use a FFB joystick, it can get really confusing (for me at least) with the hand/feet/eye coordination ... ;o). Also a point (again for me): even with a non-ffb stick, you can always see your RL stick position and your virtual cyclic position - and work out on the fly how to get the helo to do what you want it to do. But the pedals are just hard to see - in game and also IRL.

With rudder trim disabled, the positions IRL and in-game always match. Drawback: you have to keep the pressure up all the time - but that is only a minor nuisance imo as the Ka-50 does not rely that much on it as perhaps other helos.

Thanks for this post Flagrum, I have been trying to figure out what the big deal is with this rudder trim thing, now I understand.

As soon as I started using an FFB stick I found that my helo flying skills improved dramatically, specifically the heuy, damn I struggled for ages to learn how to fly that beast.

If you remove the spring on the pedals, (not remove the friction) with this option will have the most realistic possible control (Outside of a FFB pedals)

Congratulations ED !!!

"If adventure is dangerous, try the routine. It is deadly."

Paulo Coelho.

Could you please describe what you have programmed here for the trim in TARGET?

A code snippet would be great! :thumbup:

On the TM WH you program your trim button to send a pulsed 'x' or 'z' about 50 ms, or so, after release.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Unless you're using some expensive pole cyclic contraption or a forcefeedback stick, I highly recommend trying PPJoy and GlovePIE instead of manually hitting the trimmer.

X65 and X52, Glide, Winx3D, and GlovePIE Profiles http://library.avsim.net/search.php?SearchTerm=reticuli&CatID=miscmisc

http://library.avsim.net/register.php

X52 + Silicone Grease = JOY stick