Ka50 attacks friendly FARP

lanmancz

Hello,

I noticed this happening when Ka50 has set in their advanced waypoint options ROE -> "Weapon free, Open fire". They immediately target my friendly FARP. I have this mission that I'm making where they have their ROE set to weapon hold until they get to the target area waypoint (30+ miles away) where I set the ROE to "WfOf". After that they immediately turn back to base and try to kill friendly FARPs there. They do this despite the fact that there are visible enemy units right in from of them at the target waypoint.

I created a simple mission that reproduces the issue :

farp_test.trk

Edited by lanmancz

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

Well that has got to be one of the weirdest AI bugs I've ever seen. Thanks for the simple reproduction in the track.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Well that has got to be one of the weirdest AI bugs I've ever seen. Thanks for the simple reproduction in the track.

Yep, been around for along time that one, but I never dove into why it was doing it.

It was very random, or so I thought.

well done to the operator that put up the track of it happening.

Cheers, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Yep, been around for along time that one

+1

Indeed, saw that one years ago already, think it was when BS2 first came out and I was re-flying the (excellent) Deployment campaign. Thought of reporting it then, but just plain forgot. Kudos OP for finally reporting it :thumbup:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.