Multi Monitors: Surround or SoftTH? which is currently better?

Hi,

I've seen some old threads about this, but they seem to be obsolete due to all the latest patches and changes in DCS.

I would like to understand what is the preferred setup to maximize performance? and/or better view characteristics like reducing fish-eye effect on?

pro's an con's for either setup?

I currently use Nvidia Surround on 3X24" monitors, and a 4th smaller 15" monitor for MFD's and gauges export.

(6000X1200 with bezel correction, and 1024X768 on the 15", laid from side to side for a total resolution of 7024X1200)

I get between 20-55 FPS, but had dropped some eye candy settings to hold it at that FPS and not lower.

Also, since the 4th monitor size is not identical, part of the map is cropped. or the kneeboard in the F15 for example, which is annoying.

Thanks for your input (and output :smilewink: )

Ron

Callsign   SETUP

Hi Ron,

I tested both with my current setup and switched backup to surround because of the better framerate. I play with 5880 x 1080 + 1920 x 1080 (Dell 23" touchscreen) with Helios and in Fullscreen mode with about 30 -45 fps.

Windows 10 | i7-8700K@5GHz | 2080 Ti | Intel Z370 Chipset | 32GB RAM@1866 MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 1TB| Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS w. FSSB R3 Mod | Saitek Switch Panel + Radio Panel + Multi Panel + FIP + Flightpanels Software | MFG_Crosswind | TrackIR5 | TM Cougar MFD Pack | Obutto R3volution | 1 x LG38 | GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Thanks Hammer, so I'll stick to surround mod then...

I thought you had to play in windowed mod if you export gauges,

But now I saw I can play in full-screen mode just fine.... (was that in any change log ??)

However I did not notics gain in fps compared to full-screen mod, like reported here before.

Callsign   SETUP