70% off?

Do you guys get any say on these sales and the prices...

I was really happy to see another developer coming into DCS and I bought your module as soon as I could as a way of welcoming you here and supporting you and your entry into the DCS World community.

Now I feel like I've been penalized for doing so.

I'm not trying to start a negative thread, or take away from what you're trying to achieve, but 70% 3 months after the launch of the SFM and before we've got the EFM?

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Do you guys get any say on these sales and the prices...

I was really happy to see another developer coming into DCS and I bought your module as soon as I could as a way of welcoming you here and supporting you and your entry into the DCS World community.

Now I feel like I've been penalized for doing so.

I'm not trying to start a negative thread, or take away from what you're trying to achieve, but 70% 3 months after the launch of the SFM and before we've got the EFM?

Seems that their sales are not going well and they try to get a lot of sales at this price. I bought the module at full price the first day, but only to support them, and knowing this is going to happen.

Edited by S-GERAT

Hi,

Just to clarify, and avoid any misunderstanding here.

We were asked about this sales days, and we decided to harmonize the sales price with the rest of the ED products, as we thought it was the best choice for us.

We don't know what other third-parties were doing regarding the sales prices.

Those sales periods are nothing new, just the first time we entered on them.

It's that simple. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi..just bought the C-101 in the sale.

Very impressive cockpit..congratulations to all involved in the development.

Wish I had given you guys the full purchase price instead of giving it to another unnamed trainer...but you will get more of my money in the future with this quality.

Hi..just bought the C-101 in the sale.

Very impressive cockpit..congratulations to all involved in the development.

Wish I had given you guys the full purchase price instead of giving it to another unnamed trainer...but you will get more of my money in the future with this quality.

Thank you very much for your support! It is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Tango.

I am thankful for the sale too! Just bought the C-101 to complete my collection. I wouldn't have without at this time. Seems it is a very detailed model and am curious about the EFM model :)

Thanks to the developers, for enriching DCS with as many models as they are now. Makes DCS interesting for everyone. :thumbup:

in response to the OPs post... i for one am happy to pay full price

the more money they get, the more stable their business is, the more modules they crank out - ultimately, the happier i am

when i pay full price on "day one" i get the use of that module THEN

that's the cost to me of having it as soon as possible

many businesses' pricing is this way

on the one hand, i've paid full price for modules i was excited about and wanted now!now!now! -- on the other hand, i have purchased modules at steep discounts during sales periods ----- i would say the sale pricing allowed me to sample a module i wouldn't have purchased otherwise - in that sense, the dev got a few bucks out of me that otherwise would have remained in my wallet

you can "choose" to consider your payment on day one as a "penalty" --- or you can choose to see it as 1) a way to welcome the dev (well said, btw) and 2) paying a bit of a premium to get quality content in a timely manner

ultimately i think its your choice how you think and feel about that transaction

• Like 2

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i have purchased modules at steep discounts during sales periods ----- i would say the sale pricing allowed me to sample a module i wouldn't have purchased otherwise - in that sense, the dev got a few bucks out of me that otherwise would have remained in my wallet

^THIS!^

Purchased today and no regrets! Good luck on your future projects. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

^ this, allows more people to sample this find work of the dev.

If you are irritated about spending more for it, we have all been around Dcs long enough now to know that all content is subject to periodic sales even if it's only been out for a few months.

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

I think it would be great to have a dedicated trainer in my hangar, but I'm not terribly interested in flying anything with SFM. OTOH the sale price sounds very reasonable.

Thus, just one question: Will this purchase include the advanced flight model (EFM/PFM, whatever) as it becomes available, or will that be an paid upgrade/a separate purchase?

Apologies if the intent of my post was not clear... I bought the C-101 for no purpose other than to throw some money at the developers to encourage them to make more modules.

I don't regret that decision, and I actually don't really have that much interest in the airframe. I already have the Hawk and I bought the EFM for that on day one also for the same reason.

I think I'm trying to say that as a new developer, Aviodev have to cover their costs and make money, they are a business after all. 70% in my opinion is vastly undervaluing what they are offering when the EFM arrives and they're selling themselves short.

Sure, lots of people who wouldn't have bought it at full price now have, but I'd bet that most of those would have done so with 40% off.

ED have set a consistent pattern now that every quarter they offer a sale with massive discounts and I now know a lot of people that no longer buy anything (unless it is their absolute favourite aircraft) at full price because they know it will be on sale in a couple of months...

I don't want to see new developers abandone DCS because they don't make a profit by selling 90% of their sales at 70% off...

If they can however make a living from that income and keep pumping out new high quality modules, bring it on...

Edited by Highwayman-Ed
  • Like 1

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

These massive sales are just for enlarging the player base, which is good. The resulted sale price has no relevant meaning, like, how much the developer wins out of it or how much value the product has. Simply for a period of time the developer-publisher wants to increase the user base.

I guess it feels a bit strange for people who bought it with the discount for early EFM acces that now... still before EFM launch is 70% less but... that's the way of the game. I for example will wait for the flash sale... maybe then, and only if some news of impending EFM launch within 3 months (till the next sale that is), I'll consider it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

If Dcs never had sales, or only had stingy 10% sales, I would still be flying only the a-10c or shark. And I would be waiting for the f18c as my next purchase, thus ignoring all the third party modules. So you can see, no sale means I'm extremely conservative with my money, 70% off sale means I'm very liberal with my money and now own all the modules. So devs get some of my money that they other wise would not have. The way I see it, everybody wins in this 70% off senario.

intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz + Corsair H100 in push-pull / Asus Maximus V Formula mobo / 16Gb Gskill Ripjaw Z ddr3 1600 / evga 690 GTX 4gb / 1 TB WD caviar Black 7200 rpm sata HDD + 80GB Corsair F80 SSD + 2x Corsair 60Gb Force3 SSD / TM Warthog HOTAS-G940 Peddals / Corsair 1200 AX gold PSU / Windows 7 64 bit OS / 27" Qnix 2710 @ 2560 x 1440 120hz PLS Monitor & 23" acer touch screen with Helios/

If you're not really new to DCS you know up front they have frequent "sales" and the discount will vary per module dependent on a number of factors. Some stuff I wanted asap and paid full price and that was ok cause I knew the money was going into the product development. Other modules I chose to wait for the upcoming sale and usually the wait was pretty short.

Costs for developers can add up quickly and cash flow is often anemic so I don't fault the use of "sales" and other promotions as long as the new goodies arrive from time to time.

Edited by lorenzoj

Sale or not, I usually buy every DCS module as it comes out, regardless of using it or not (e.g., I shelved both the C-101 and the other trainer until EFM is available).

I applaud AvioDev for for providing some training missions to go with the trainer. It's the right idea to use a trainer to actually learn aspects of aviation within DCS. I also love the overall quality of the C-101.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I think I'm trying to say that as a new developer, Aviodev have to cover their costs and make money, they are a business after all. 70% in my opinion is vastly undervaluing what they are offering when the EFM arrives and they're selling themselves short.

Sure, lots of people who wouldn't have bought it at full price now have, but I'd bet that most of those would have done so with 40% off.

ED have set a consistent pattern now that every quarter they offer a sale with massive discounts and I now know a lot of people that no longer buy anything (unless it is their absolute favourite aircraft) at full price because they know it will be on sale in a couple of months...

I don't want to see new developers abandone DCS because they don't make a profit by selling 90% of their sales at 70% off...

If they can however make a living from that income and keep pumping out new high quality modules, bring it on...

i'm with you 100%

agreed - i want to see these guys prosper and for DCS to continue

i think they deserve it

and yes - 40% off is definitely a "fair" discount

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

being as I am going through a time in my life were I am poor and have very little income for fun. I am grateful for this sale, I could not have purchased it otherwise.

Thanks for the great plane!

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

When buying a module, the first preference consideration is what does it convert to from USD AUD, I don't see the point in paying close to $80 australian for a module when the rest of the world is paying $50

The only affordable option is to buy the module when it is on sale yet even at 70% or 40% I'm still paying more for the module than the rest of the population.

I think it's only fair the modules are on sale at 70% to take into consideration those countries who don't use the USD as a form of currency

When buying a module, the first preference consideration is what does it convert to from USD AUD, I don't see the point in paying close to $80 australian for a module when the rest of the world is paying $50

The only affordable option is to buy the module when it is on sale yet even at 70% or 40% I'm still paying more for the module than the rest of the population.

I think it's only fair the modules are on sale at 70% to take into consideration those countries who don't use the USD as a form of currency

This is my problem too. I should take advantage of this sale, but I am not going to, I lost intrest in this module awhile back. I just came to read the forums to see if people like the C-101 and what they have to say about it. So I found your post interesting, because as I said I have same problem as you, the goddamn exchange rate, and our currency is worth a lot less than the Australian dollar, it's so frustrating.

yeah but, exchange rates are exchange rates

if you're going to bring up the word "fair," is it fair for the devs to be compensated a smaller amount in order to accommodate certain portions of the world that don't have favorable exchange rates?

is their work worth less there??

we're talking "fair" here

put the shoe on the other foot - how would YOU like to be compensated?

exchange rates are exchange rates and its part of life - part of living on this planet

there will always be inequalities and disadvantages - its no one's duty to make things "equal" or "fair" for every possible situation

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]