Where is the serial number key for item purchased???

tacannav

I just purchased and downloaded DCS Mig-21 yesterday and now I am being asked for a serial number, well, I was never given a serial number, and was told by tech support to go into the module that the serial number is in there, well, I did that and went into the module and there is no serial number key there either, I asked tech supprt if they could send out a serial number key and they said they were unable and asked that I take up the issue with the product owners on this forum, well, I am posting this the thread before turning this issue over to my credit card company for a refund which I was trying to avoid, this is the first time in my life I have had such difficulty over a purchased item, this should not even be an issue and they are looking at losing me as a customer altogether, I have purchased two DCS products in the past which I now own but this situation is driving me away from doing business with DCS just for having to go thru this, and whether I purchase anything in the future from this company will depend on the outcome of how this is resolved, my credit card company will get me my money back if it comes to that, is there anyone that can provide me with a serial number key for the item I just purchased?

you need to log into your ED account on the ED website, there you can see your orders, clicking one of it shows you details including your key.

btw, did you install the file from the ED website?

afaik if you install over the ingame module manager it doesnt ask for the key as it should get it directly from your account.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

I just purchased and ...
What I need to know the details is hidden in first sentence.

Where did you buy? If you did it via digitalcombatsimulator.com, you should have seen serial number (in bold and red text) at the bottom of the final page. Also it must be e-mailed to your e-mail inbox.

If you missed all these, -as Roadrunner stated- you can see your purchases and serials by logging in your Personal Section in digitalcombatsimulator.com.

As you see, there're plenty way to get the serial. I hope your problem will be solved soon.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I just checked that page, there is nothing on it but an old BS2 upgrade purchased back in 2013....still no serial number.

In that case, I would open a support ticket here.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I already had a ticket open and went thru technical support, it was they who they referred me to this forum for help because they said they could not issue a serial number, if this issue is not resolved by monday I will turn it over to my credit card company for a refund, its unbelievable to have all this over an item purchased.

If support sent you to the forum then I don't know what to tell you. That makes no sense.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• ED Team
I just purchased and downloaded DCS Mig-21 yesterday and now I am being asked for a serial number, well, I was never given a serial number, and was told by tech support to go into the module that the serial number is in there, well, I did that and went into the module and there is no serial number key there either, I asked tech supprt if they could send out a serial number key and they said they were unable and asked that I take up the issue with the product owners on this forum, well, I am posting this the thread before turning this issue over to my credit card company for a refund which I was trying to avoid, this is the first time in my life I have had such difficulty over a purchased item, this should not even be an issue and they are looking at losing me as a customer altogether, I have purchased two DCS products in the past which I now own but this situation is driving me away from doing business with DCS just for having to go thru this, and whether I purchase anything in the future from this company will depend on the outcome of how this is resolved, my credit card company will get me my money back if it comes to that, is there anyone that can provide me with a serial number key for the item I just purchased?

Dear customer!

According to our records you DID NOT purchase MiG-21 from our site under your login name.

You had to receive order number or transaction number if you have bought anything from our site!!! If you have it please send it to us so we can search for your lost order.

Edited by const

image_259187.png.12ec9a78d99caec431e08ab83fd4ee4d.png