Repair help pls

kpack

hey

pretty new , and i had a mission (i play on sim) after i killed some ground units and my weapons where empty i flew back to LZ while flying back i got shoot but i could manuver to lz and land. then i went F8 and F1 rearm that workd great then i pressed F8 then F3 for repair i waited 5 mins but nothing happend. my laninggear was shoot and my autopilot didnt work (bank pitch...) what am i doing wrong?

was mission 3 from campain. i also open the cockpit door while f8......

THX and sry for my bad english

Oculus Rift DK2 F15C + KA-50/A10C is AWASOME :pilotfly:

You need to have both engines off and blades have stopped fully before repair begins.

reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

As King_Hrothgar says but I would also suggest slapping on the external power before shut down as this will keep the other systems running and they will not require shutting down (do not forget to flip the external power switches).

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

ARRRGH

NEXT mission or same misson, i was shoot at had no landingear and no left wing. but i hit about 9 targets . And i manged to land :thumbup:

Then i shut of the to engine pumps on the left (big red 2x) after rotor stopd i hit f8 then f3 then i here ok( and my copit door was open , and rearming worked fine )... waited 5mins nothing happend ? :helpsmilie:

what do you mean with external power switches (where) sry i can do the cold start blind now after 50x trys, hehe but i dont knowth e names.

hmm perhaps i should try to get not hit hhehehehe

p.s. i love this game so hard but so rewarding and in oculus dk2 the ka 50 is so so amazing

Edited by kpack

Oculus Rift DK2 F15C + KA-50/A10C is AWASOME :pilotfly:

Probable you forget to put the radio switch in "ground crew" - left console, the black "chicken head" knob right of R-800 (orange) dials.

If not you are able to send (F8, F3) request for rearm and refuel or repair, but the ground crew don't hear. When they hear you hear voice message and text confirming.

Other cause can be that you don't tune the R-800 on FARP (or airdrome) frequency, if not will happen the same thing, you are able to "talk" on radio, but anyone will hear. :thumbup:

BTW - To use external power is need contact the ground crew requesting.

Edited by Sokol1_br

You can also pop open the cockpit door. They'll always here you then.

as mentioned above.

This is what I do.

Open door

Command external power.

Command repair.

Command re-arm.

Switch on external power.

shut off engines via the cut off valves.

Apply the rotor brake at or below 20% rotor RPM.

repair will start once the rotors stop moving and all systems will remain powered from the external power supply.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

as mentioned above.

This is what I do.

Open door

Command external power.

Command repair.

Command re-arm.

Switch on external power.

shut off engines via the cut off valves.

Apply the rotor brake at or below 20% rotor RPM.

repair will start once the rotors stop moving and all systems will remain powered from the external power supply.

Wrong order.

You can only ask for repair once the engines are shut down. Try asking for repair as the final thing to do.

Wrong order.

You can only ask for repair once the engines are shut down. Try asking for repair as the final thing to do.

Actually you can ask for repair at anytime after landing. However, repair will only begin after engines and rotors have come to a complete stop.

Reaper6

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

I like flight "simulation" - but don't give a clue for "what if" simulation, this press a button/command, do this or that just because this is in manual, or "real pilots" do this, but without effect in the game. For the same reason I dont bother with things like check fuel quantity, pressure... in simulation this never fail. :)

Rearming Ka-50: just landing, call the guys through Interphone and they do the job.

Reaming.jpg

Edited by Sokol1_br

Throttles idle, Cut off valves down, slowly increase collective to slow the rotors. RPM below 20%, engage rotor brake. Repair, rearm, refuel. Profit.*

* Repair is pretty bugged, some stuff won't be fixed and you will need to take a new helicopter.

i7 8700K | GTX 1080 Ti | 32GB RAM | 500GB M.2 SSD | TIR5 w/ Trackclip Pro | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder

[sigpic]http://www.132virtualwing.org[/sigpic]

1. Rearming is irrelevant to the subject of the thread.

Yes you are right, the OP ask for "repair".

In this case - repair - is need lower the Cut-off valves first.

Repair.jpg

The rest, open door, switch battery, external power... still "what if". :)

My point is just that there's no penalty for dont follow the manual. :thumbup:

But each one do his own "simulation". :joystick:

• 1 month later...

* Repair is pretty bugged, some stuff won't be fixed and you will need to take a new helicopter.

If I am in need of repair, especially to get the laser fixed, I deliberately land hard to break the landing gear to force a repair fix. Sometimes a repair will not work on the 1st attempt. Sometimes I will not get an engine start on the quicky-startup and have to restart manually.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]