Problems with radio transmission for some clients

baltic_dragon

Hey,

I have a weird problem I've encountered when hosting my newest MP mission for testing. When I host the mission (I don't have a dedicated server and wasn't able to test it on one yet), some of the clients do not hear radio transmission from AI flights (AI flight reports, like "passing WP X at X alt) or the ones pre-recorded as part of the mission and inserted with the use of "radio transmission" advanced waypoint / trigger command.

The very same people who cannot hear anything when I host the game will hear all the transmissions once they host it or run the mission in SP mode.

Can it be connected to port forwarding somehow or is it something wrong with the "radio transmission" trigger / WP action itself? Any help would be appreciated.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I test-hosted that A-10C mission for a different bunch of guys; two of us (including me as host) could hear the transmissions just fine while two others could not.

The problem was there right from the beginning and persisted through the mission and also affected different radios (VHF AM and UHF) where the clients assured me multiple times that their radios were indeed switched on and tuned to the correct frequency.

Later in that mission I crashed, respawned in a new A-10C and then I couldn't hear any of the radio transmissions, either.

baltic_dragon, I know it's still in development, but can you post the mission? Maybe that could help narrow it down.

From what I've experienced so far, I can't even formulate a theory why some MP clients can hear radio transmissions just fine while others can't.

If in the creation of the mission the in mission comms are utilizing the allied flight reports component of the ME then it's possible that both host and clients may have to have allied flight reports checked ON in their individual DCS options settings so everyone involved will be in sync with how the mission was created. Just a theory of course.

Edited by Blooze

@ Yurgon

Exactly what happened to us, no matter what we've tried one of us could not hear radio transmissions. Weird thing is that it is always the same person. He did clean TS and DCS reinstall, but nothing helped. At some point we thought it was caused by Aries, but as you said earlier some of the people you played with didn't even have it installed and the problem existed.

My guess is that it is related to multiplayer somehow, is it possible that it has something to do with port forwarding etc? I know nothing about it, I have enabled forwarding to be able to host. Funny thing is that whenever the person that never heard any transmissions hosts the game himself (and only for himself, as he doesn't have the ports forwarding on) everything works fine.

I guess I could post the mission, I would be especially interested how it works with the dedi server.

@ Blooze

We have tried it, but it didn't help. Funny thing is that the pre-recorded reports (passing waypoints, tally etc) are not heard, but those requested by players (ATC, bogey dope by AWACS etc) did. However, when it is AWACS initializing the transmission (reporting pop-up group by himself) it won't be heard.

I will send you the file, if you could try it on your dedi, I'd be glad to hear the results.

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

If you are using the mission prepare function could it be that if a client changed his loadout it has the same effect as using mission planner? I think the answer lies somewhere on pages 66,67 or 68 of the user guide and how these settings may have a different effect on how a mission behaves in single player versus multiplayer as well as how each individual's personal settings chosen on their gameplay page may have an effect on what they hear or don't hear in a mission. I don't see how port forwarding our anything else related to hosting hardware setups could possibly be contributing to this issue.

Edited by Blooze

My guess is that it is related to multiplayer somehow, is it possible that it has something to do with port forwarding etc?

I agree with Blooze that it's almost certainly not related to port forwarding.

But I think you're right that it is somehow related to multiplayer; your SP campaign "The Enemy Within" uses the same type of radio transmissions, doesn't it? I never had any radio related problems there.