Freetrack not working, no startup and no mapping options

tovivan

I use Freetrack and it works excellently in every other DCS module, but for some reason it refuses to work in this module. Everyone who's ever used TrackIR or Freetrack knows how essential it is for good flying.

Second issue is that for me the engine auto startup doesn't work. I left it at default mapping of Rshift+Home, but no matter how many times I press it, there is no response. The keys are detected by the game, so it's not a keyboard issue.

Third issue are missing mapping options for joysticks, just two examples being wheelbrakes and trim.

Since I can't startup and fly I can't check for bugs reported by other players.

In the map "\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\C-101\Input\headtracker" there´s a default.lua file. I replaced this file by the default.lua file from another plane (I believe I used the A-10C, but I guess any might work). That worked for me regarding the freetrack issue.

I mapped the wheel brakes in the axis section but for me they don´t seem to work. I couldn´t map the toe brakes however, don´t know which one I should use, since the toe brakes apparently couldn´t be mapped by any axis. I also encountered several other issues with mapping, where I could not assign joystick/throttle buttons (for instance the GPU). The trim issue was commented on by the devs, however, and was broken due to an DCS world update and is fixed internally.

In the map "\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\C-101\Input\headtracker" there´s a default.lua file....

I mapped the wheel brakes in the axis section but for me they don´t seem to work. I couldn´t map the toe brakes however

Thanks, geert, that worked! :)

I could map the toe brakes to my throttle buttons, but they still don't work. As if the call functions/targets are broken (the same for auto-start).

key mapping is already fixed, and it will be available in the next update.

Thanks for the reply, hopefully the update will be here soon (and used by MP servers)! :)

• 1 month later...
In the map "\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\C-101\Input\headtracker" there´s a default.lua file. I replaced this file by the default.lua file from another plane (I believe I used the A-10C, but I guess any might work). That worked for me regarding the freetrack issue.

This is THE Solution! Thank you man! :thumbup: