How do you hot restart after landing?

No matter what I do, even following the instructions of two threads I found (try re-priming fuel pump, and turning off non-important electrical systems), I CANNOT get the plane to restart after a flight/landing. With everything in the correct position, when the inertial starter is run up, as soon as I pull the starter the inertial sound stops immediately and the prop moves maybe 6 inches, no matter how long I hold the starter handle pulled.

Does anyone else experience this? How do you restart this plane? :D

Thanks.

Are you sure:

1) You still have fuel;

2) You didn't break the engine in your landing;

3) the Magnetos are still in the 1+2 position

4) you have fuel pressure ( maybe you need to pump for a while... )

5) your girlfriend didn't break the code for you while you were asleep, so that you do not spend so many hours in front of a PC pretending you're flying a ww2 bird ?

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

And reset the engine shut-off lever to run condition.

If you use the kill switch to kill electrics check thoroughly every breaker because there are only two of them absolutely needed but they are hard to see.

Asking for an external power unit won't hurt you also.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Check your electric panel and breakers if you hit the kill switch.

I forget which one it is (generator?) in the left column all the way at the top. When I start on the ramp it is already pressed in. Don't remember if it pops when you hit the kill switch.

Don't forget fuel pump too, though it shouldn't matter on the ramp if you have pressure from priming. Missed it the other night, got into the air and I'll be damned if the engine didn't quit every time I banked sharply. :pilotfly:

• 6 months later...
No matter what I do, even following the instructions of two threads I found (try re-priming fuel pump, and turning off non-important electrical systems), I CANNOT get the plane to restart after a flight/landing. With everything in the correct position, when the inertial starter is run up, as soon as I pull the starter the inertial sound stops immediately and the prop moves maybe 6 inches, no matter how long I hold the starter handle pulled.

Does anyone else experience this? How do you restart this plane? :D

Thanks.

Open Beta 1.5

Yep! Especially after a repair. Sometimes if the engine does restart and engine was running erratic before I did a repair, the engine still runs erratic after a repair and I cannot get enough oomph even to taxi.

I do everything guys have listed this thread, except I did not try an external power source if engine refuses to start---Good Idea!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]