Compressor stalls modeled?

BlackLion213

Hello,

I'm new to flight sims (well...back after a ~14 year hiatus :) ) and I've heard and read amazing things about Razbam's modules for FSX.

Their A-7s had some impressively sophisticated engine modeling, especially for FSX.

I've read several reports of Mirage 2000s suffering compressor stalls at high AOA, not surprise since it had a relatively early generation Turbofan engine (first turbofan equipped fighter for Dassault from what I can tell).

Are there plans to model compressor stalls/complex engine behavior in the EFM?

-Nick

• 2 months later...
Hello,

I'm new to flight sims (well...back after a ~14 year hiatus :) ) and I've heard and read amazing things about Razbam's modules for FSX.

Their A-7s had some impressively sophisticated engine modeling, especially for FSX.

I've read several reports of Mirage 2000s suffering compressor stalls at high AOA, not surprise since it had a relatively early generation Turbofan engine (first turbofan equipped fighter for Dassault from what I can tell).

Are there plans to model compressor stalls/complex engine behavior in the EFM?

-Nick

Hey Nick,

There shouldn't be any recurrent compressor stalls coming with the 2000, since it is the C model, which is kind of a very recent aircraft (1984 is considered as recent in the aeronautic world). It is not the first french aircraft equipped with a turbofan type engine. Indeed, the Mirage III (TF 106 turbofan engine, french version of the Pratt&Whitney JTF-10), Mirage F1, the Super-Etandard and even the Alpha Jet are all using turbo-fan type engines. Perhaps the Mirage III had those issues.

Edited by Quent

Kind regards,

Quentin.

[sIGPIC]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic105862_2.gif[/sIGPIC]

The Mirage III was prone to compressor stalls at high AOA if not kept balanced. Scissoring was a classic area where compressor stalls occurred.

A really good one would result in the low in doors (just back from the intake lip) being blown clean out of the aircraft :)