if I Pre-Purchase Hawk EFM on VEAO website,can I fly SFM Version Now?

inSky_1911CFZS

If you buy the EFM version it will activate the SFM for now as the EFM is not yet ready. When it will be released it will automatically transform in EFM version.

===

Side note.

Seriously VEAO team. I think this problem of the two versions is getting bigger. The most important part is that there is a big possibility that a lot of people hit this confusion problem (granted, they should not but...) and if so many take the time to create a new thread about it from their perspective (always a bit different but always the same problem) there is a great chance that many many more don't... and don't buy the module in the end.

So the win from the difference of people who would buy just the SFM version and not the EFM can be lost, and even more.

I think you should take into consideration to sell the Hawk just as EFM with the included SFM as it is developed, at a single price (the big one obviously) and drop the SFM only cheaper version.

Later... when the EFM is out you can make a tick in special options for SFM for people that can't handle the EFM (although... how hard it will be?). Or call it "game mode flight model" so no future confusion will arise when there will be also a "game mode" beside "simulation mode" and people will start flooding the forum with questions like: "If I bought the EFM version and fly game mode... do I still have EFM or it has switched to SFM?"... "what if I bought it from VEAO site instead of ED?"... "or Steam? If I bought it on Steam on a sale in a day with full moon, do I have SFM or EFM?" etc etc :D

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

actualy i thought the idea was great to give people a choice, but from what i read on the forum not realy man people want the SFM version, suprising in some ways, but fine ;)

beside all the confusion, is there already a plan for the multiseat stuff later if there is someone with SFM and the other one with EFM in the same aircraft?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"There's nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself.

You can't remake the past, so look ahead... or risk being left behind."

Noli Timere Messorem

"No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always been there first, and is waiting for it."

Terry Pratchett

They did say this is the only time they will do this..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

yes you can

If you buy the EFM version it will activate the SFM for now as the EFM is not yet ready. When it will be released it will automatically transform in EFM version.

===

Side note.

Seriously VEAO team. I think this problem of the two versions is getting bigger. The most important part is that there is a big possibility that a lot of people hit this confusion problem (granted, they should not but...) and if so many take the time to create a new thread about it from their perspective (always a bit different but always the same problem) there is a great chance that many many more don't... and don't buy the module in the end.

So the win from the difference of people who would buy just the SFM version and not the EFM can be lost, and even more.

I think you should take into consideration to sell the Hawk just as EFM with the included SFM as it is developed, at a single price (the big one obviously) and drop the SFM only cheaper version.

Later... when the EFM is out you can make a tick in special options for SFM for people that can't handle the EFM (although... how hard it will be?). Or call it "game mode flight model" so no future confusion will arise when there will be also a "game mode" beside "simulation mode" and people will start flooding the forum with questions like: "If I bought the EFM version and fly game mode... do I still have EFM or it has switched to SFM?"... "what if I bought it from VEAO site instead of ED?"... "or Steam? If I bought it on Steam on a sale in a day with full moon, do I have SFM or EFM?" etc etc :D

I buy SFM version because $19.99(DCS Website SFM Version discount)+$10(later update to EFM) =$29.99. It is cheaper then 34.99(VEAO Website EFM Presell Eastersale discount):D