Cant contact wingman over ground

kpack

Hello

i got a problem , i am trying to make the training mission for comms but my wingman dont repond.

i did everything the instrucor sayd turn on dl and the vhf buttons then down on the pannel to opfer and on com. Then i press r-800 button and the F1-... menu opens, nothing is greaed out every thing is white so im on the right frequenze. then i press F1 for all, then i F5 for change fromation then F4 for trail . But nothing happens my poilot is saying nothing and my wingmans also dont answer....

tryd every F1 .... commands just nothing happns. also tryed the vhf auto button and the r-800 button but nothing aaargh im going crazy pls help

Oculus Rift DK2 F15C + KA-50/A10C is AWASOME :pilotfly:

VHF 2 freq 124.000, just to confirm.

Modules NOT currently in my hanger

Yak 52/F-14 Tomcat/CE II/Mig-19/I-16/FW-A-8/JF-17/Supercarrier

My system:

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo

3.5 GHz Intel Core i5 4690k

H100i CPU Cooler

16 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 Hyper X Fury Red

MSI GTX980ti GPU

EVGA 850W PSU

Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD

128gb Plextor M.2 storage (Boot Drive)

Windows 10 X64 Professional

Acer XB281HK G-sync monitor

Trackir 5

MFG Crosswind pedals

T M Warthog Hotas

PTT? R ALT + \

"De oppresso liber"

NZXT Phantom Full Tower, Intel Core i7 4960X Processor(6x 3.60GHz/15MB L3Cache) 20% Overclocking, 64GB DDR3-2133 Memory, NVIDIA GeForce GTX Titan Black-6GB SLI Mode(Dual Cards), Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 Motherboard, ViewSonic PJD5132 SVGA Multi-Region 3D Ready Portable DLP Projector, Track IR 5, Thrustmaster Warthog, Cougar MFDs.

didnt had check the easy coms but i checkt it then clickd ok then uncheckt it and then ok again now it works ... nice now i can use my wingmen to show me some AAA units that i cant find ....:joystick:

THX for da help guys

Oculus Rift DK2 F15C + KA-50/A10C is AWASOME :pilotfly:

Since I am new to BS-2 what I discovery about these radios (R-800, R-828 ) - helicopter on ground.

Helicopter COMM frequency = 123 MHZ (defined by mission maker)

Kuitaisi ATC frequency = 134 MHZ (list on helicopter door)

1- ATC only answer my request if I set R-800 on 134000 AM previously (as expected). :thumbup:

2 - Wingman only answer my order if I set R-800 in 123000 AM previously.

3. If I hit \ the "radio" menu open but don't inform If I are using R-800 or R-828, the ATC respond to request.

Radios.jpg

4. If I hit Alt+\ - on ground - the radio messages menu open and above is show R800 - if SPU-9 selector is in VHF2 and R-828 if selector is in VHF1 and Interphone if the selector is in Ground Crew.

ATC or Wingman dont respond if R828 is show above messages menu (VHF1). Respond if R800 (VHF2).

Ground crew respond if I talk to then with cockpit door open or using Intercom (VHF1 and 2 can be turned off). Seems logic.

I dont find use for R-828, find confuse topics about what are his pre-set frequency.

One topic say:

1- 356.540

2- 256.750

3 - 485.435

4 - 356.575

5 to 10 - ???

Other say:

1 - 124

2 - 121

3 - 131

4 - 141

5 - 126

6 - 130

8 - 122

9 - 128

10 - 134

Or are only a receiver?

Edited by Sokol1_br

The R-828 AM radio is mainly used for comms with ground troops, as the manual states. As such it is not really usefull in a default installation of the Blackshark.

But there is a great mod available that enables the BS to be used with a JTAC - which usually use the AM freq. range of 20-50 MHz. That mod changes the default freq. of the channels accordingly (i.e. 30 MHz, 31 Mhz, etc.) as well. http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=93228 Imho a absolute must have for the BS!

Thank you for the link, I take a look in this MOD.

I am curious whit the purpose of this 4 pre-set frequency in R-828.

I set a "Radio Transmission" for 356575 AM and are able to hear them in R800,

but not in R-828 Channel 4 - pre-tuned in this frequency, SPU-9 in VHF1,

press the tune button until the yellow light go off.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Thank you for the link, I take a look in this MOD.

I am curious whit the purpose of this 4 pre-set frequency in R-828.

I set a "Radio Transmission" for 356575 AM and are able to hear them in R800,

but not in R-828 Channel 4 - pre-tuned in this frequency, SPU-9 in VHF1,

press the tune button until the yellow light go off.

The original presets are:

1: 35.654 MHz AM

2: 25.675 MHz AM

3: 48.543 MHz AM

4: 35.657 MHz AM

I think, they originate from the original standalone Blackshark back in the days (there is a comment in the LUA files that indicate that ch. 2 was for Radio Mayak ... which is since then long gone).

You should be able to receive transmissions on these frequencies - just remember that you have to depress the tune button at the R-828 panel when you change the channels.

The JTAC & AWACS mod defines presets from 30 - 34 and 40 - 44 MHz (in 1 MHz increments), iirc. These are just easier to remember when building missions and setting up JTACs. :o)

1: 35.654 MHz AM

2: 25.675 MHz AM

3: 48.543 MHz AM

4: 35.657 MHz AM

You should be able to receive transmissions on these frequencies - just remember that you have to depress the tune button at the R-828 panel when you change the channels.

I did this, select the frequency number, e.g. 4 in R828 and press the tuning button until the lamp goes off, but still dont hear nothing in VHF1 (R-828 ).

I install the MOD for edit frequency and the MOD say - under Ka-50 in ME - that all R-828 frequency are FM. Frequency 5 to 10 are tuned in 20 MHZ (but adjustable).

If these pre-tuned 1-4 are in AM, is not the problem?

I did this, select the frequency number, e.g. 4 in R828 and press the tuning button until the lamp goes off, but still dont hear nothing in VHF1 (R-828 ).

I install the MOD for edit frequency and the MOD say - under Ka-50 in ME - that all R-828 frequency are FM. Frequency 5 to 10 are tuned in 20 MHZ (but adjustable).

If these pre-tuned 1-4 are in AM, is not the problem?

Well, you stated different frequencies - you must be carefull not to mix up KHz with MHz or even Hz.

And regarding AM/FM ... well, that depends. The unit you are trying to talk/listen to has to use the same modulation of course. And as the R-828 is only FM capable, they need to be set up for FM as well.

What kind of radio transmission are you trying to use here? Did you set up your own ground units? Post your mission here and we can have a look.

edit:

I just realized that *I* mixed up AM and FM in my previous post where I listed the frequencies. They should all read FM of course...

i.e.

The original presets are:

1: 35.654 MHz FM

2: 25.675 MHz FM

3: 48.543 MHz FM

4: 35.657 MHz FM

Sorry for the confusion...

Edited by Flagrum

What kind of radio transmission are you trying to use here?

Did you set up your own ground units? Post your mission here and we can have a look.

For what I test seems that AI flying entities use only AM - at least is the only option in COMM on ME.

My test with ground or flying units transmitting fail, the trigger "Perform Command > Set Frequency" don't work for any reason.

I test R-828 using triggered transmission, that can be set for AM or FM . Like this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1901918#post1901918

For example: a transmission in 35.675 MHZ (#4 R-828 pre-set FM) is hear in R-800 FM or AM (in this case if the transmission is set on AM, of course), tuning 356570 in R-800.

But select the channel 4 in R-828 and pressing the tuning button no result...

And for what this "fixation" with R-828? Well, if the thing work, I can use then to hear simulated radio traffic like this, in RTB's:

:D

Here's my test mission (contain 2 game audio files- Fail and Success.ogg).

One triggered transmission, playing the Faill.ogg in 25.6750 FM.

One vehicle set as transmitter, playing the Success.ogg in 35.6750 FM

Ka-50 COMM in 125 MHZ AM in Maykop, ATC on 125 MHZ.

At start of mission is heard the ATC given taxi clearance, in 125 MHZ AM. That's OK.

Tuning R-800 in 256750 KHZ and change the AM/FM switch for FM is heard the Fail.ogg (although the test was a success). :)

Now, de-tuning the R-800 for 266750 KHZ (just to mute them) and select channel #2 (25.6750 MHZ FM) in R-828 and press the "TUN" button until the yellow light go off, heard nothing, only static if turn the Squelch switch.

Change the R-828 for channel #4 (35.6750 MHZ) FM no success...

And finally tuning R-800 in 356750 KHZ, switch in FM, nothing is heard (only Squelch), what mean that the vehicle transmitter don't work.

Vehicle set by instructions in one forum topic.

Frequency used is ones pre-set in R-828, confirmed in ME by the "Edit Frequency MOD".

Radio trasmission.miz

Edited by Sokol1_br
mistype

My remarks in red...

For what I test seems that AI flying entities use only AM - at least is the only option in COMM on ME.

That is correct, flying units, by default, only communicate by using their main radio - that is what the frequency in the ME is for.

My test with ground or flying units transmitting fail, the trigger "Perform Command > Set Frequency" don't work for any reason.

You tried then to talk to them as ususal, i.e. using the usual wingman commands in the comms menu? Interesting idea, never tried that. Will experiment with that later as well, I think. I only used SET FREQUENCY together with ground units so far.

I test R-828 using triggered transmission, that can be set for AM or FM . Like this:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=1901918#post1901918

For example: a transmission in 35.675 MHZ (#4 R-828 pre-set FM) is hear in R-800 FM or AM (in this case if the transmission is set on AM, of course), tuning 356570 in R-800.

But select the channel 4 in R-828 and pressing the tuning button no result...

Without having looked into your mission, yet, some remarks:

1. the R-800 has two frequency ranges, one from 100 - 149 MHz and 220 - 400 MHz.

2. the R-828 has one range: 20 - 60 MHz

So the ranges do not overlap - you can only receive a transmitter on one of both radios (otherwise it would be a bug!).

SET FREQUENCY expects KHz. So for your experiment you should set it to 35675 KHz (= 35.675 MHz and therefore in range of the R-828). If you dial in "356750" you actually use 356.750 MHz - which is in the range of the R-800, but a totally different frequency than what your transmitter uses.

And for what this "fixation" with R-828? Well, if the thing work, I can use then to hear simulated radio traffic like this, in RTB's:

:D

Lol, wut? Tbh, I have no idea what you mean with "fixation". I searched the manual for it, but came up with no results ...?

At start of mission is heard the ATC given taxi clearance, in 125 MHZ AM. That's OK.

Tuning R-800 in 256750 KHZ and change the AM/FM switch for FM is heard the Fail.ogg (although the test was a success). :)

Now, de-tuning the R-800 for 266750 KHZ (just to mute them) and select channel #2 (25.6750 MHZ FM) in R-828 and press the "TUN" button until the yellow light go off, heard nothing, only static if turn the Squelch switch.

Here just one remark - I stumbled upon this already in your earlier posting:

channel 4 is 35.6575 MHz, but you are talking about 35.675 ... you missed a digit? ;o)

But nevertheless, I will now have a look at the mission itself.

And finally tuning R-800 in 356750 KHZ, switch in FM, nothing is heard (only Squelch), what mean that the vehicle transmitter don't work.

Frequency used is ones pre-set in R-828, confirmed in ME by the "Edit Frequency MOD".

Edited by Flagrum

Allright, I now had a look at your mission.

I must admit, I got confused a bit as well - not because of your mission, but about DCS ... Actually I could not get it to work either. But when I made my own test mission, it worked finally (see attachment) ... strange. Maybe your triggers did not work as expected or ... I don't really know.

Something noteworthy: by default, the R-828 channels #1 and #4 are set to

1: 35.6540 MHz

4: 35.6575 MHz

But according to the LUAs, the R-828 has only a resolution of 1 KHz. Therefore a transmission at i.e. 35.6575 MHz can also be received at channel 1. Both preset channels are probably equivalent to (rounded) 35.7 MHz. Why are the presets defined then with so many decimal places? I have no idea ...

And after playing around with your mission, I have some additional remarks:

No, you transmit at 256.750 MHz - otherwise it would not be in the range of the R-800.

Yes, the default freq. in the ME for the main radio (R-800) - works good.

256750 KHz or 256.750 MHz - now you got it correct, yes. ;o)

That is to be expected. See above - the difference between MHz and KHz.

You have no SET FREQUENCY for that unit. (But as I wrote in the beginning, fixing that did not really help either - and I don't know why)

Again, that is ok - MHz vs. KHz

Radio trasmission2.miz

Flagrum

Thank you for the help. :thumbup:

Really I confuses the #4 frequency numbers. :doh:

But I had tested my mission inverting frequency # 2 and 4 numbers between the two audio sources, which mask the error on #4, but this too dont help in hear anything in R-828.

As I begin to suspect, was something wrong with my DCS install.

I test your mission and are not able to hear the SOS in R-828 channel #4 (35.6575) or #1, or see the text on screem. :(

As the today update broken installed MOD's (Ricardo's Cockpit, Edit Frequency...), I go try making a new install.

Edited by Sokol1_br

Ops.

The transmission script work, no re-install needed. :)

What I was missing is the fact that is my helicopter that need select the SOS transmission (radio menu > F10 > F1), not receive them just tuning the R-828 channel like I was thinking. :)

After press this commands, if R-828 was tuned in 1 or 4 the ... --- ... is heard. :)

EDIT - Find the error in my mission

Besides the error in frequency number (35675 instead 356575), I write in KHZ (356575) instead MHZ (35.6575) for FM frequency.

So, setting FM frequency in ME is need write in MHZ with decimal if the frequency number has units E.g. 20.1, 30.5... if not just the dozen 20, 30... 60.

For AM can be in write MHZ if are used only hundreds, e.g. 123 or in KHZ if used units, respecting the minimal steeps of 25, e.g. 123025, 123075.

Now I can hear both radios at same time. :)

For "de-tuning" R-828 is need select other frequency and tuned then (press the TUN button until the yellow light go off), just select other frequency number dont put the actual "off air".

Flagrum

Again thank you.

Without your help I never will sort this.

Edited by Sokol1_br