F-15C idle thrust to high.

DaveRindner

IMHO. F-15C DCS: FC3 The idle thrust for F15C is too high. It is enough to push a fully fueled, and armed aircraft on ground, when wheelbreaks are off. it also makes landing more difficult as aircraft does not decelerate and provide enough drag for landing at 150 knots IAS. Even when fully dragged out with break out, flaps in landing, gear down, and throttle bottomed. On ground breaks have to be ridden to taxi the aircraft.

I don't have the same experience with the Eagle. It is incredible stable for me. Both in flight and during take off and landings it almost fly itself =)

Maybe your THR on your stick is messed up ? Or some settings are at wrong value. Do you have the same issue with your other modules ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you lower the temperature, your idle thrust increases. At standard conditions, idle can't push the plane. In winter weather though, it might.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

you're right.. the f-15's engines are very powerful

the dash one cautions pilots to be careful ---- it will actually skid along the ground if the throttles are over 80% and you're holding down the brakes

and yes, there is a technique for getting this bugger slowed down for landing - you've got to account for the power of the powerplant - even at idle

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Since a real dash-1 for F-15C is classified. I am curious if shutting down one engine, prior to final, is accepted procedure. I don't have split throttle, so one motor shutdown works in DCS. In RL, I don't know. RL F-15C pilot might make finals with one motor idiling, and second one at near full power, and aircraft all dirtied up.

• ED Team
IMHO. F-15C DCS: FC3 The idle thrust for F15C is too high. It is enough to push a fully fueled, and armed aircraft on ground, when wheelbreaks are off. it also makes landing more difficult as aircraft does not decelerate and provide enough drag for landing at 150 knots IAS. Even when fully dragged out with break out, flaps in landing, gear down, and throttle bottomed. On ground breaks have to be ridden to taxi the aircraft.

Sometimes when you spawn in your controls dont match what is in the sim, I always move my throttle a good distance right away to make sure the position is synced correctly with the sim.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Since a real dash-1 for F-15C is classified. I am curious if shutting down one engine, prior to final, is accepted procedure. I don't have split throttle, so one motor shutdown works in DCS. In RL, I don't know. RL F-15C pilot might make finals with one motor idiling, and second one at near full power, and aircraft all dirtied up.

Not sure you've got that right. A scanned version of the 1975 -1 is really easy to come across. I don't think I saw anything about intentional single engine operation. As mentioned the issue is completely related to low temperature, which as a by product increases air density. It does make aerobraking somewhat impossible in winter missions, as the plane will never slow down to the point where the nose would fall on its own. I also have a (bad?) habit of starting my engines before running to the bathroom, which would lead to disaster in winter missions.

Edit: Even the 1986 version is easy to find actually.

Edited by blkspade

Since a real dash-1 for F-15C is classified. I am curious if shutting down one engine, prior to final, is accepted procedure.

It's not accepted procedure for just about any aircraft. It's for emergencies only. It introduces asymmetric thrust which is not your friend at landing.

It might get used in 'tricky' combat maneuvers, but never where safety and airmanship is concerned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Don't make missions with weather temperatures that diverge from the default in-game. There's a bug right now that sets the throttle incorrectly for these given conditions, and this is what you are experiencing most likely.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

i originally interpreted the title to mean increasing thrust FROM idle TO 100%

i was actually *hoping* that's what the subject was

: )

i understand rpm increases too slow on the low end

its decent on the high end, but rpm responds quicker on the low end in the real world than in the game - from what i've been told..

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

Not sure as to what depth the thrust numbers are modeled in the sim, but idle thrust will push the F-15 at idle. It'll push an E model without issue as well. Hell, half a dozen people can push a E around. It doesn't take that much.

Can't remember what takes place in the sim, but the F-15 also has low idle thrust with the gear handle down as the noz position is allowed to go to 95-100% open. When the gear handle is place to up, nozzle position closes to give a higher idle trust. Not sure if there is any modeling in the sim to account for this or not. Even with low idle thrust, it's still enough to move the airplane, if the sim models the higher thrust numbers, it's going to be even worse.

• Like 1