Does the engine die much faster with the new patch?

taps

Have you seen "CoG position is changed" in the patch changes list? Do you know, why? Because it was not changed! :)

No offense meant Yo-Yo ... it was very early morning and honestly I'm an enthusiastic but mostly shitty pilot still with the 109.

I love your work and it'a a privilege to be able to experience this. Thank you :thumbup:

Edited by Teapot

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

I'm having a bit of a strange issue with the 109.

Everything is operating correctly during normal flight and manoeuvres.

However sometimes during an extended dogfight, usually after about 15 minutes, the engine suddenly seizes and I can't figure out why.

I'm keeping my speed up around 300 - 400 kph and I'm only using MW50 in small short bursts. Radiator is full open, ATA generally around 1.4, fuel and oil pressures are normal, coolant and oil temperatures are all within safe operating range and yet the engine will just suddenly quit without any warning, and the oil pressure drops to zero.

This only happens sometimes, I can't seem to find any pattern to this problem. I'm sure it is something that I'm doing incorrectly, but I can't think what it could be.

Any suggestions?

Cheers, Scream.

I'm keeping my speed up around 300 - 400 kph and I'm only using MW50 in small short bursts.

How frequently do you do this? I think the engine doesn't like it when you use these short bursts of power. I only use 1.8ATA&MW 50 when I really need it. Either to get quickly behind an opponent or to climb away from one. There is no need to limit the use to small bursts. If you need additional power in a combat situation use it for as long as you need it - up to 10min at a time - but after that you have to stay off MW50 for a while or you risk damage to your engine.

I did some tests yesterday just flying around at different speeds altitudes and power settings and I also flew a bunch of instant action dogfights and I had no problems with my engine unless I did something wrong (1.8ATA w/o MW-50, constant switching between 1.8ATA&MW50 and 1.4ATA).

• Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

Hi Derbysieger,

I think I generally only used MW50 and 1.8 ata maybe 5 or 6 times during the 15 minutes, usually for around 30 seconds at a time maximum.

The last time this happened and the engine seized, I was in level flight extending away from the target and was running at 1.4 ata.

You could be onto something regarding the engine not liking short bursts of extra MW50 power. I'll give it a try and see what happens.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Cheers, Scream. S!

I'm not sure how long you need to rest the engine after MW50 use (don't have the manual on this PC) but it's long enough that 5-6 uses in 15minutes are way over the safety limit.

Combat power is 1.35ATA and it is usually enough to fight efficiently but I did use 1.8ATA + MW50 for the whole duration of a dogfight w/o problems yesterday (as a test). The Dogfight lasted about 2minutes and I then flew ~7 minutes to an airbase at cruise settings (1.1ATA). There were other tests I did two days ago described in this post: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2375412&postcount=7

Nothing scientific, just some random stress tests I did to see what has changed.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

I'm having a bit of a strange issue with the 109.

Everything is operating correctly during normal flight and manoeuvres.

However sometimes during an extended dogfight, usually after about 15 minutes, the engine suddenly seizes and I can't figure out why...

You should also be aware of velocity loss during climb. No matter how much you keep some nice speed, steep climb will bleed it. I killed my engine several times because I forgot to lower throttle at climb top.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Combat power is 1.35ATA and it is usually enough to fight efficiently but I did use 1.8ATA + MW50 for the whole duration of a dogfight w/o problems yesterday (as a test).

Actually climb/combat power ata is 1.45 :)

Edited by DB 605

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Actually climb/combat power ata is 1.45 :)

1,35 ata is climb/combat power

1,8 ata is special emergency power (only with MW50)

When MW50 is installed, 1,42 ata isn't used.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

The manual we get with the game actually states 1.45ATA but I seem to remember that it said 1.35ATA at some point (that's why I wrote 1.35ATA). Anyway, I noticed there is a point before MW50 is injected where you risk overheating and detonation and it's just before the boost jumps to 1.8ATA, so better safe than sorry. Either use 1.8ATA&MW50 or stay around 1.35ATA-1.42ATA

Hi Derbysieger,

in the manual, there was a table, where exactly this was explained (no 1,42ata).

I think it was a performance chart of the engine. Don't have the manual in front of me.

When i come home today, i will take a look into it.

Edited by Flying-Kane

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 32GB DDR4 RAM | NVidia RTX4080 | MSI B550 TOMAHAWK | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Win 10 Pro 64bit | Track IR4 Pro | Thrustmaster Warthog | Saitek Rudder Pedals

• ED Team
Hi Derbysieger,

in the manual, there was a table, where exactly this was explained (no 1,42ata).

I think it was a performance chart of the engine. Don't have the manual in front of me.

When i come home today, i will take a look into it.

How would you takeoff if there is no takeoff power?

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

DB605DB_limits_dec44Motorenkarte.jpg

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

605 DB/DC had increased 30-min ratings: the previous 1,30 ata rating was increased to 1,45 (in march 1945 reduced to 1,40 due to B-4 fuel quality fluctuations, DC ratings were uneffected however).

1,35ata was the 30-min rating for the early DM engine, but we do not have that one in DCS.

http://www.kurfurst.org - The Messerschmitt Bf 109 Performance Resource Site

Vezérünk a bátorság, Kísérőnk a szerencse!

-Motto of the RHAF 101st 'Puma' Home Air Defense Fighter Regiment

The Answer to the Ultimate Question of the K-4, the Universe, and Everything: Powerloading 550 HP / ton, 1593 having been made up to 31th March 1945, 314 K-4s were being operated in frontline service on 31 January 1945.

And that is what the manual states...

Strangely the pressure values don´t match. I guess the manual has simply the wrong pressure values.

Fox

Yep. But it also says this:

db.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks iFoxRomeo,

thats the manual page which i meant.

Ok, so we have the late DB605DB, with higher time ratings?

Edited by Flying-Kane

Thanks iFoxRomeo,

thats the manual page which i meant.

Ok, so we have the late DB605DB, with higher time ratings?

Yes, it's also stated in manual. There is not "late DB" tought, all of D models had increased ratings compared to A models. Most of K4's were fitted with DB or DC engines.

Edited by DB 605

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I flipped through the DCS manual and it's confusing...

The chart postet above states:

1,35 ata = climb and combat power (1,45 ata not attainable with MW50)

On page 111 it says:

climb and combat power = 1,45 ata / 2600 rpm

and on page 131 again:

climb and combat power = 1,35 ata / 2600 rpm

Nice... :D

• ED Team
I flipped through the DCS manual and it's confusing...

The chart postet above states:

1,35 ata = climb and combat power (1,45 ata not attainable with MW50)

On page 111 it says:

climb and combat power = 1,45 ata / 2600 rpm

and on page 131 again:

climb and combat power = 1,35 ata / 2600 rpm

Nice... :D

Manual never lies but sometimes can be erratic... :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

Manual never lies but sometimes can be erratic
Meaning what exactly? I can be erratic wink.gif when/if calling the auld girl on a Friday night out with the boys, telling her I'm home "in just a bit".

So that's "erratic" to me. What's your definition?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.