Deployed Su-27... With Ekran?

DarkFire

I was watching a youtube video earlier about the history / creation of the Su-27. A pilot was explaining about what he liked about the fighter and was doing a sort of talk around the cockpit. One thing I noticed was that the left hand side of the panel of warning lights was taken up by what the pilot described as an Ekran display - presumably the same Ekran system as the Ka-50 has.

Does anyone know if the currently deployed base-line Su-27s have been upgraded with the Ekran? It would be great to have this in DCS...

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

The Su27 has the panel on the right side, but it isn't functional. I did notice the old pre-6dof Su33 cockpit had a semiworking ekran panel. You can see it for yourself currently with mig29's that still have the old Lockon cockpit.

What would the Ekran even do in the 27?

I dont know. All it does in the Ka-50 is ask me to watch it constantly.

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

I dont know. All it does in the Ka-50 is ask me to watch it constantly.

:lol:

That was a good one. :megalol:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

The Ekran would check and report the integrity of the on-board system. Same as the one in the Ka-50.

Nothing that useful for an FC3 level aircraft. It's not combat-focused anyway.

I assume it's why it's not simulated in the current Flanker.

The cockpit model seems to have everything it needs to come to life though.

pXQsuAp.jpg

Edited by Bourrinopathe

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

I was watching a youtube video earlier about the history / creation of the Su-27. A pilot was explaining about what he liked about the fighter and was doing a sort of talk around the cockpit. One thing I noticed was that the left hand side of the panel of warning lights was taken up by what the pilot described as an Ekran display - presumably the same Ekran system as the Ka-50 has.

Does anyone know if the currently deployed base-line Su-27s have been upgraded with the Ekran? It would be great to have this in DCS...

The Su-27 has had the Ekran display since day one and its present in practically all Russian aircraft in the sim(Ka-50, Su-25T, MiG-29/-S, Su-27 and Su-33).

JJ

What would the Ekran even do in the 27?

The Ekran display is an integrated part of the aircraft's events/failure indication system, which basically consists of 4 different items:

- master caution lamp

- varies warning lamps("announciators")

- Ekran display

- voice warnings

The master caution lamp is a general alert that tells the pilot that there is something he needs to check, the individual warning lamps tell him which paritcular part of the aircraft's systems it is and the Ekran can display more information about the problem and store several events.

JJ

it's a diagnostic system.

nuff said.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER