Thrustmaster T.A.R.G.E.T. config files won't load????

Hi,

I am having a major problem with using the Thrustmaster TARGET GUI and loading configuration files for games to my HOTAS Warthog setup.

The software detects my TM Warthog HOTAS and 2 x MFD's when in the main TARGET GUI editing environment but upon trying to load ANY config file for use in a game i get the following result after the software attempts to load the file:

*** Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() ***

Mapped plugin module "C:\Program Files (x86)\Thrustmaster\TARGET\Plugins\sys.dll"

Physical USB HID devices managed by script!

Currently plugged USB HID devices[4]:

1: "Joystick - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0402&REV_0100"

2: "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_0404&REV_0100"

3: "F16 MFD 2" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B352&REV_0100"

4: "F16 MFD 1" - "USB\VID_044F&PID_B351&REV_0100"

Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0404"

Error: (internal) cannot associate a filter with the selected USB HID device "VID_044F&PID_0402"

Virtual HID devices managed by script!

Connecting virtual joystick...Done

Device name FAILED (0x00000002) - using default.

Connecting virtual keyboard...Done

Connecting virtual mouse...Done

main returned 0

This happens with every config file i have and that includes the stock ones included with the TM hardware such as DCS Black Shark etc.

My system is as follows:

ASUS G74SX Gaming Laptop

Intel Quad Core i7-2670QM @ 2.2 GHz Turbo Boost to 3.1 GHz.

16 GB RAM

GeForce GTX560M with 3 GB VRAM

Realtek On-board Sound Card

Windows 7 64 Bit

TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip

Logitech G602 Gaming Mouse

Logitech Wifi Keyboard

Creative Rage3D Tactic Gaming Headset

Samsung 32 in. TV/Monitor on HDMI

TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle & 2 Cougar MFD's

10 socket USB Hub used to connect some of the peripherals.

Solutions tried so far that haven't worked:

1: Uninstall TARGET and re-install.

2: Uninstall HOTAS Warthog Drivers from Control Panel Programs then re-install.

3: Updated TM HOTAs Firmware to latest versions (11 & 23)

4: Disconnect and re-connect all TM and all other devices when prompted to by the above 3 processes. Multiple system reboots and cold starts.

5: Sequential re-connection of key devices only (Mouse, Keyboard and HOTAS Stick & Throttle) whilst monitoring activity in Devices and Printers and Device Manager.

6: Confirmation that the the 2 devices referred to in the above error message are the TM Throttle and Stick ("VID_044F&PID_0404" and "VID_044F&PID_0402").

7: Enable ALL the executables in Thrustmaster root folders with "Run as Administrator" priveleges.

8: Disable Firewall (Commodo & Windows) before, during and after re-insalls or running TARGET.

9: Connecting TM HOTAS directly to USB Ports on computer rather than through USB Hub.

10: Scattering chicken bones, howling at the moon, rain dances, consulting a soothsayer!!!!

Not sure if i've missed or forgotten anything but any assistance or ideas would be appreciated? I understand that most games don't need TARGET to come up up with fairly comprehensive controller setup but my point is that it seems wrong

to have purchased a $250 controller setup with its own editing software and find that the 2 DO NOT work together AT ALL based on my experience.

Is there a viable alternative to TARGET that can be used? I've never used FSUIPC so am not familiar with its capabilities as opposed to TARGET? Will definitely look into it now though, i'm not optimistic about sorting this out to be honest?

Thanks guys.

Stu

TARGET%20Error%20Msg.jpg

Devs%20and%20Printers.jpg

CPL%20HID%20USB%20Devices.jpg

Drivers%20Version.jpg

TARGET%20Firmware.jpg

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

Have you tried running the script with only one controller at the time?

Another idea could be to remove some of the devices you have from the the device manager. dunno if its a problem with controller devices, but with MIDI controllers you can only have 10 or so. if you try to install more windows simply refuses. As i said, dunno if there is a limit with game controllers.

In fact, here is what i would do: Disconnect all but mouse and keyboard, remove all the devices from device manager and reboot. Then connect your TM devices one by one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Win10 64, Asus Maximus VIII Formula, i5 6600K, Geforce 980 GTX Ti, 32 GB Ram, Samsung EVO SSD.

Hi,

Unfortunately i did actually try that last night but didn't list it as it was pretty long winded to describe how and what i did.

I've tried a few more things today but have had no luck at all? I've emailed Thrustmaster tech support with the full message i posted on here and on some other flight sim forums but to be honest i don't think its fixable?

I'm going to move on and just stick to configuring my sims through the in-game controls menu's rather than using something like TARGET. I's wasted nearly 2 days of my life trying to fix something that shouldn't need fixing but that's computers for you i guess?

Thanks for the suggestion.

Stu

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - Intel Core i9-13900K - 64GB Corsair Vengeance RAM @ 3200 MHz - ASUS TUF GAMING B660-PLUS WIFI D4 - Zotac NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 - 2TB  INTEL NVMe SSD (Windows 10) - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB (DCS) - Crucial CT1000 1TB NVMe SSD - WinWing F-16EX Stick - WinWing Orion Throttle Base with both F-18 & F-16C TQS Throttle Grips - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech G-910 Keyboard - Logitech G-502 Lightspeed Mouse - Logitech G-533 Headset - Occulus Quest Pro VR - TrackIR 5 with Track Clip Pro

No worries, yes its the same with script writer too, tried that this afternoon!!

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE: Problem solved!! Commodo Firewall was the issue!!

Hi,

The problem was Commodo Free Internet Firewall!! I was getting fed up with its constant pop up requests to allow this or block that so I uninstalled it and changed to Zone Alarm. I had still been testing the TARGET scripts as recently as the day before (possibly even the same day) and they wouldn’t run, same error message or the script would time out. However it occurred to me this morning that I should try it again now I have ZA instead of Commodo Firewall and BOOM!! It worked!!

I had to re-arrange the order of the controller ID’s using the JoyID’s application so that they matched the order in which TARGET was detecting them when running the script but once that was done the script ran perfectly and created the Thrustmaster Combined virtual device (it has never done that before). I opened the Device Analyser (also never been able to open that before either) and all axes and buttons etc are working fine! Thrustmaster Combined is also now showing in Devices and Printers (but it shows as HID-compliant Game Controller).

So, I am pretty convinced it was Commodo Firewall? The interesting thing to note is that I had disabled the firewall on numerous occasions when trying to get the scripts to run and had also added EVERY TARGET executable file to the Commodo Allowed Programs list but it was obviously still blocking outwards comms between TARGET and my controllers? I have not changed or altered anything else on my system that could have affected this problem as far as I know.

Hope this helps anyone who experiences this problem now or in the future?

I can now start using my Warthog HOTAS to its full potential!!

Sorted!!

PS: VERY happy with Zone Alarm so far too!! Very unobtrusive Firewall.

Tested in Sim too!

Tested in FC3 F-15 IA Intercept mission and also in Black Shark IA as well. All perfect!!

• 1 year later...

Please help. I recently bought TM warthog and instalation went good,but when I load any script for any game that text in T.A.R.G.E.T GUI window never turn green...its stay gray and "launching and runing" spining all the time and on the top of the text I can see *** Allocated ProcInstances found from the previous run: use FreeProcInstance() ***

Edited by Kaaboom

Asus H97 PRO--I7-4790 3.60-4.00 ghz Haswell
--
Cooler Master Hyper 103
--
16gb Kingston HyperX Fury black 1866mhz
--
ZOTAC AMP extreme gtx 1080 ti
--
SSD Kingston HyperX Fury 120 Gb
--
Samsung EvO 850 500gb
--
TM Warthog
--
Cooler MAster V 750
--
Plantronics 500HD

• 2 years later...

Hey Kaaboom I have the same problem, if you switch to the other program The scripts, I get the both programs running at same time and neither are loaded (checked Task Manager program) did you ever solve this problem?

WeakLink