-=9./JG27 FightingLegends=-

9.JG27 DavidRed

Great news! Let's see.. said the blind man..

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

and not to wait for invincible flak to show its magic skills over their airfield.

No fighter pilot would every fly in touch of AAA intentionally in real life waiting to see their magic skills. Also, I've explained why it is currently so at our server in this post.

Moreover, I'd like to add that they are invicible also to compensate the lack of their numbers and lack of heavy AA guns, along with AI flaws (when one plane takes all the aggro of AAA battery and the 2nd safely attacks them). In reality AAA defence were much more dangerous and concentrated than just 10 Zu-23. For example:

Baranov_SAVO152_Aug_16_44.jpg

Also, from pure game balance perspective, considering the fact that both sides has unlimited planes numbers (unlimited respawns), there is no reason why AAA at respawn points should be limited.

But, it's nice to see another WWII server in DCS. Keep it up:thumbup:

Edited by eekz

Куплю B-17, можно B-24. B-29 не предлагать!

Burning Skies

=Burning Skies= @ Facebook

eekz, the current situation is not your fault i know that. hopefully the spitfire, and higher boost for p51 will solve the "issue" in future. that in real life, pilots wouldnt camp over enemy airfields is true. at least the pilots who survived the war.

however, unfortunately we tend to be "forced" to fly towards Novo on your server, as that is the only point where we find P-51s. not only once, we were flying over the map, waiting over the targets, and watching P-51s stay above their airfield, until we ran out of fuel.

so we started to fly towards Novo, as in the end, your server is also made to have dogfights. at least, thats why i am flying the warbirds in dcs. i started to not care whether i get shot down by flak, as i am mainly looking to practice my skill against oponents. but it sure gets boring after a while, when you are constantly get shot to pieces by the flak, on the only place where dogfights happen.

the small server we are running is only a practice server. a pure dogfight server. its no competition to your server, as its focusing on something entirely different.

• Like 1

This looks interesting. For those past weeks when I flew online on Burning Skies server I noticed huge numerous advantage of red side. Usually it was about 3-4 times advantage at prime time. So reds controls almost whole map as it is not quite big and easy visible from end-to-end. Guys from blue side after take off are immediately tracked by constantly incoming reds and get killed as they don't have any advantage in alt yet or technical capabilities. Those of blues who can use pony's roll or dive advantage use alt to attack once or two times and after that go defend vs 2 or 3 enemies. I dont know who you mean saying "we" but my personal impression is reds are eating Novo airfield like Langoliers. Looking at this madness I would say there should be another side of boring. I'm still surprised that there are some ones still playing for blues.

Edited by Swoop117

@David 109 vs 109.. are you in? :P

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

This looks interesting. For those past weeks when I flew online on Burning Skies server I noticed huge numerous advantage of red side. Usually it was about 3-4 times advantage at prime time. So reds controls almost whole map as it is not quite big and easy visible from end-to-end. Guys from blue side after take off are immediately tracked by constantly incoming reds and get killed as they don't have any advantage in alt yet or technical capabilities. Those of blues who can use pony's roll or dive advantage use alt to attack once or two times and after that go defend vs 2 or 3 enemies. I dont know who you mean saying "we" but my personal impression is reds are eating Novo airfield like Langoliers. Looking at this madness I would say there should be another side of boring. I'm still surprised that there are some ones still playing for blues.

Was before a Week or so can remember two times more blues in the Sky then Red.

But they where all around Novo they could easily finish the Red Side but stay all on Novo sometimes could not understand this, we are able to climb above them all got advantage again.

But also we looking forward to the Spitfire bring little bit more offensive for the blue side.

After me German obviously I like my 109, but we fly also P-51 from time to time found with good team work managed also to get kills on equal team balance. And fully support your point D9 works also quit a lot better when the enemy is in a dogfight, should be outcome for better gameplay with Spitfire looking forward.

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

Krysmk, Krymsk, Krymsk, Krymsk!

You guys have 2 airfields on that server. No reds usually hover over Krymsk. Anyone who dies in novo while the skies are clear in Krymsk has no right to complain.

Anyway, that's a topic for another thread. The mission here is up and running, we might make a few more if we feel the need but for now if you just want to train flying the mission works. Like David says there are duel slots and air starts available as well.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• 2 weeks later...

Mission has been updated again and duel slots are back. Now with Spitties!

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin