Huey VHF FM navigation

Jinker

Hi there, I wanted to try out his:

So I created a mission where there is a soldier which transmits in FM at 35 MHz (I tried also other frequencies) but in the Huey I don't get the signal.

I did this through the additional actions for the waypoints "Perform command" - "Set frequency"... is that correct?

Any hint?

High jinks!

did you set the transmition to loop? If not it will end and stop transmitting. Did you also put a sound file? If not, there will be nothing to transmit.

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

:)

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

So I created a mission where there is a soldier which transmits in FM at 35 MHz (I tried also other frequencies) but in the Huey I don't get the signal.

I did this through the additional actions for the waypoints "Perform command" - "Set frequency"... is that correct?

Any hint?

I may be able to help you, thats my video. I tried to recreate that mission in the latest release and I may be doing something wrong but I couldn't get the sound file I put into the mission editor to play.

Might be a bug or something, it did however give my directional radio data.

Any hint?

That function via additional actions is unfortunately broken for a long time.

There is an other way to make it possible, look at that post : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=140567

So just made a quick mission to test and it looks like it's working the same way as when I made my video you're talking about. I'll post the mission and the track of me flying it.

edit

I made a video tutorial of the mission creation and flying it, uploading now i'll post links soon as it's done.

els.miz

homing ELS.trk

Edited by wess24m

• 8 months later...