TM Warthogs making a squeaking sound

Hi all, had my warthogs for a while now , say four years , the other night i could hear my stick making strange squeaking noise , so i stripped it down and orderd some Tammy grease ,relubed the ball joint and all went well putting back together.

I noticed the rubber O-ring was loose that sits under the black and white flange , is it surposed to be glued in place..??? , or held in place with grease . Could this be making the squeaking noise only happens when using pitch , any info would be greatful .

Still not fixed the issue , with out the flange the ball joint is butter smooth but once assembled its back to sticky and squeaky. :noexpression:

Do i need this rubber O" ring

Edited by con3para

HAF TOWER / MSI z77 G43 /-i5-3570k.@ 3.4mhz / GTX 780 / Patriot 8GB. DDR3 / TM-HOTAS-warthog 00228

I replaced the stock "O" ring with one from hempstead. Here is a link to the thread;

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=95575

I'm pretty sure he still makes them. PM him if you want to order a ring from him. IIRC it was $8.00 USD shipped to Canada.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thanks for the reply , 77 views one reply . lol , did you have the same problem ,mine now it seems to lock up on the odd turn in flight and def makes a strange squeak noise .

HAF TOWER / MSI z77 G43 /-i5-3570k.@ 3.4mhz / GTX 780 / Patriot 8GB. DDR3 / TM-HOTAS-warthog 00228

Thanks for the reply , 77 views one reply . lol ,

Replied just to say i have no idea about this issue as i have never opened my Warthog and it doesn't make squeaking noises , also its only one year old

So really i have nothing to contribute to this thread.

but at least i improved the reply/view statistics for you :thumbup:

Edited by T_A

IAF.Tomer

My Rig:

Core i7 6700K + Corsair Hydro H100i GTX

Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 7,G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3000Mhz

Gigabyte GTX 980 OC

Samsung 840EVO 250GB + 3xCrucial 275GB in RAID 0 (1500 MB/s)

Asus MG279Q | TM Warthog + Saitek Combat Pedals + TrackIR 5

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't recall it squeaking. I opened mine up to grease it it as it was starting to stick a bit after about 6-7 months of use. That is when I noticed the "O" ring extruding out of place. After greasing it I put it back in and seemed to work OK but when I saw Hempstead's mod I ordered it and replaced it. Been working great since.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog

Thanks for the replys gents , well it was the O-ring , it had come loose and was wedge in between the flange and top ball moving part , i have ran out of tammy grease so i used vaseline , to keep the ring in place . i have ordered a teflon ring off Hem ..great post thanks .

They work well. I actually have the standard oring with hempsteads Teflon ring on the underside. Adds some extra tension.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.