OT: I want a 6800 GT/Ultra or X850XT AGP

If anyone has one for sale I'd love to buy it from you.

But it has to be AGP since I have an old mobo.

My 9800 pro went arti on me. Perhaps I shouldn't have saved on those ramsinks.

ASUS P4T533-C|P4 3.06@3.45|1024Mb Kingston 1066 rambus|ATI 9.... *EDITED* - Listen to Mods!!!

I have just sent my Gigabyte (passive cooling) 6800 GT back for warranty repair (looks like the memory overheated - no OC'ing either). It kills not being able to fly (had to borrow a crappy MX4000 from work).

I was a great card, dont let this put you off. Will your budget stretch to a 7800 or 7900?

gday from australia, unsure if its worth the hassle to arrange getting it to you but i have an unused 9800 pro, brand new RMA from canada, and also have an albatron 6800gt with an nv5 cooler.

the 6800gt is still a good thing and the old 9800pro's runs lomac suprisingly well, both cards are agp, if you are interested in either card please send me a private message for further details, cheers.

Will your budget stretch to a 7800 or 7900?

It would if I could find one that's not PCI-e.

I have been checking ebay out the last week but people pay stupid prices for used stuff. All the auctions for the 6800gt are up arround 200 euro and that's for a used card. I found an private add for a brand new one for about 220 euro. Now that I'm willing to pay. The problem is that I can't get a hold of the guy who posted it. :P

If I don't I'll give you a shoud ggg87

ASUS P4T533-C|P4 3.06@3.45|1024Mb Kingston 1066 rambus|ATI 9.... *EDITED* - Listen to Mods!!!

I think the 6800 GT is really hard to find. I have one, but unfortunately, I'm not willing to part with it, and I had to buy mine from my step-brother who bought his when they first came out, so I'd search for the Ultra or the X850XT.;)

Stupid thermals...

If anyone has one for sale I'd love to buy it from you.

But it has to be AGP since I have an old mobo.

My 9800 pro went arti on me. Perhaps I shouldn't have saved on those ramsinks.

Except if they want to replace it with a 7900GTX or something like that I don’t see a reason why people would sell a GT or Ultra.

I would suggest buying the new GS version which is a new AGP version with very good specs.

BTW, I have lifelong warranty on my 6800Ultra (check temperature in my fx-55 sig)

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Not what you are asking for, but I just took out a 6600gt, when I changed mobo, nearly new, you can have it if you pay the postage from uk

pm if its of use

oo err...missus:animals_bunny:

** Anti-Pastie**

shame EVIL-SCOTSMAN is banned he has a nearly new 6800GT for sale, if your serious i could contact him on msn and see if he still has it ??

then give you his msn (if he permits) and you can sort a deal out

If you would do that for me I would be very thankfull

Not what you are asking for, but I just took out a 6600gt, when I changed mobo, nearly new, you can have it if you pay the postage from uk

pm if its of use

Thanks for the offer but I might aswell go all in on this one since I think it will be even harder for me to upgrade from a 6600 to a 6800 in the future. Also looking at tomshardware benchmarks there is a significant performance difference between those two.

BTW, I have lifelong warranty on my 6800Ultra (check temperature in my fx-55 sig)

sorry for OT, but i found it interesting that my ultra runs cooler than any of the gt's, by quite a few degrees, i guess that larger cooler does a good job.

pilgrim,

good luck on your hunt, pm me if i can help, i know its on the other side of the planet but the offer is there...

There's loads of 6800GTs on Ebay

If you decide to buy, I'd also suggest investing £12 or so in an Arctic Cooling NV Silencer fan/heatsink. From personal experience it takes half an hour to fit and you should then be able to overclock safely past 6800 Ultra speeds (My 6800GT is overclocked at 415/1120 with more to spare, but I don't want to push it ;) ).

If you are looking for new, and on a tight budget, then the 6800GS AGP has more or less the same performance as the 6800GT and costs around £160.

also, you might look on www.hardforum.com, one of the largest for sale/trade communities I've found....you can surely find what you're looking there for, and if you can convince the seller to trust a new guy, you can get a pretty good deal, too. the For Sale/Trade forum is near the bottom of the main page.

Good luck!

There's loads of 6800GTs on Ebay

If you decide to buy, I'd also suggest investing £12 or so in an Arctic Cooling NV Silencer fan/heatsink. From personal experience it takes half an hour to fit and you should then be able to overclock safely past 6800 Ultra speeds (My 6800GT is overclocked at 415/1120 with more to spare, but I don't want to push it ;) ).

If you are looking for new, and on a tight budget, then the 6800GS AGP has more or less the same performance as the 6800GT and costs around £160.

I think my Waterchill KT12A-L30 will outrun that arctic thingy hands tied behind its back :)

My mistake was that I didn't buy ramsinks. It ran fine without until I forced it to play Oblivion. I think I must have toasted the memory since I keep getting artifacts since

also, you might look on www.hardforum.com, one of the largest for sale/trade communities I've found....you can surely find what you're looking there for, and if you can convince the seller to trust a new guy, you can get a pretty good deal, too. the For Sale/Trade forum is near the bottom of the main page.

Good luck!

Thanks man. I'll check it out.

If you have money to burn, you could try getting the Gainward's 7900GT AGP with 512 MB RAM. They cost 350 GBP in UK, though.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

There are 7800 AGP's out now..Gainward do a monster of a card..check here..

I will be upgrading to that card soon..hopefully,if they don't run outa them there is only 1500 units avaliable in Euro land..not avaliable in the U.S..but my Gainward 6800GT GS still holds its own ;)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_This_Week_Only_25.html#agx_2d030_2dgw

in case the link dosn't work for some peep's..

Gainward do it again! This is the only 7800GT card with 20 pixel pipelines available on AGP. Then along with its 512MB of super-fast GDDR3 memory allowing for great performance. Stock is running low!! So be quick as this is a deal not to be missed!

(£246.69 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)

I think my Waterchill KT12A-L30 will outrun that arctic thingy hands tied behind its back :)

My mistake was that I didn't buy ramsinks. It ran fine without until I forced it to play Oblivion. I think I must have toasted the memory since I keep getting artifacts since

A 200 quid watercooling system may enlarge your e-penis but it didn't stop you from frying your card. I'll stick with the £12 cooler (with ramsink included) which works great. :)

A 200 quid watercooling system may enlarge your e-penis but it didn't stop you from frying your card. I'll stick with the £12 cooler (with ramsink included) which works great. :)

yes. e-penis. how do I respond to that?

I will be upgrading to that card soon..hopefully,if they don't run outa them there is only 1500 units avaliable in Euro land..not avaliable in the U.S..but my Gainward 6800GT GS still holds its own ;)

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_This_Week_Only_25.html#agx_2d030_2dgw

in case the link dosn't work for some peep's..

Gainward do it again! This is the only 7800GT card with 20 pixel pipelines available on AGP. Then along with its 512MB of super-fast GDDR3 memory allowing for great performance. Stock is running low!! So be quick as this is a deal not to be missed!

(£246.69 Including VAT at 17.5%)

I think you misunderstood something. 1500 cards produced regards to the Bliss 7800GS GS+ (not the plain 7800GS GS) which in fact has all 24 pipelines and 512 MB RAM (a 7900GT). It also overclockes rather well. But it costs 350 GBP with VAT. 100 pounds more than the PCI-E version of the 7900GT but it does come with the extra RAM.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

I think you misunderstood something. 1500 cards produced regards to the Bliss 7800GS GS+ (not the plain 7800GS GS) which in fact has all 24 pipelines and 512 MB RAM (a 7900GT). It also overclockes rather well. But it costs 350 GBP with VAT. 100 pounds more than the PCI-E version of the 7900GT but it does come with the extra RAM.

Man I wish my g/f wouldn't have thought of me being mentaly unstable if I when t out and bought me one of those.

yea my mistake,the 1500 units are for this card..second one down in the link i posted..

Gainward do it again! This is the only 7900GT card with 24 pixel pipelines available on AGP. Then along with its 512MB of super-fast GDDR3 memory making this the worlds fastest AGP card ever produced. There is only 1500 units available worldwide!! So be quick as this is a deal not to be missed!

- GeForce™ 7900 GT GPU running at 450MHz+ (Great Overclocking Potential)

- 512MB 1250MHz+ high speed GDDR3 memory (Great Overclocking Potential)

- Superscalar 24-Pipe GPU Architecture

- SILENT Cooling solution

- High-Speed DDR 256-bit Memory Interface

- Dual 400MHz RAMDACs

- Designed For Extreme HD Gaming – Delivering Ultra Realistic Gaming Experiences

- Built for Windows Vista – The next generation operating system

- Dual link DVI support

- Shader Model 3.0 Support

- True High Dynamic Range Rendering Support – Based on Open EXR technology

Previously sold for £299.95 +VAT

green.gif

Full Specification

Price: £289.95 (£340.69 Including VAT at 17.5%)

Be Good..Be Strong..:drink: ;)