English Speaking Mig-21 Squad

f86enthusiast

Is there such a group out there?

Seems like there is no dedicated Mig-21 group, squad, support group in the Squadron sub-thread. Seems like there was soo much hype for this module then it fell off a bit (possibly due to no arch enemy aka F-4.) I'd say this is my favorite module these days and finding a group to fly this with would increase my enjoyment.

Cheers!

Aggressiveness was a fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

— Captain David McCampbell, USN, leading U.S. Navy ace in WWII

I've been looking for one as well, but I think I'm a bit too lone-wolf-ish...

the only way to really effectively use the mig-21 in anything other than co-op is to be sneaky as hell, and in pairs or more, it's pretty much impossible, unless the guys in the rear are good at following the leader on the deck through mountains, without being like "ok I lost you" the second they hit them... (just so you know, that ALWAYS happens when someone tries to wing me...)

I can't abide letting myself go out of cover just because someone is incapable of staying with me...

but if someone here thinks they can stay with me, I'd be glad for a wingman.

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Anyone would run into you, youre mountain flying on youtube is definitly not wingman friendly especially in a bfm engagement, but two fishbeds with some more geographic sep working in tandem on comms would free up your dash2 clear sky too.

Aggressiveness was a fundamental to success in air-to-air combat and if you ever caught a fighter pilot in a defensive mood you had him licked before you started shooting.

yeah, it does work keeping some seperation, and using the F10 map. I've done it before with Santi871 from the Hoggit reddit thread and with TSquared

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

77th server is def fun and I fly the Fishbed frequently there.

Thanks Klaiber, what timezone do most your 21 drivrs fly and on what server?

Hi f86,

There are two groups within our squadron - one is English-speaking, and flies during the North American timezones. The second is Slovak / Czech, and flies during the Central European timezone.

Within the English-speaking North American group, we have pilots of all skill levels. Some are very good with the MiG-21. Others are still learning. Mostly, the North American group practices on Fridays around 9PM EDT. However we also get together throughout the week.

Because of the varying skill levels currently within the group, we mostly do direct-connect missions to bring everyone up to speed. However, we also jump onto the 104th server from time to time. I'll have to check out the 77th server. :)

Hope this helps!

Edited by II./JG1_Klaiber

JG1 and S77th do you have large contingents in Pacific Std Time zone or are most on Eastern like most squads?

77th is working on 21 oriented mission although its still in testing. Might be a good place to get all interested to meet up one night.