A-10c x52 Pro Mini Stick Slew

Sternzy

Greetings DCS!

I'm in the middle of building a profile for the A-10c and I'm having an issue with the slew.

I've selected bands for both mouse Y and Z axis. Both axis have 0-40, 40-60, and 60-100%, with , / ; and . as the key binds.

While in game and using the Mavericks ony up-slewing or ";" works. The other three directions appear to do nothign for slewing.

Anyone have any idea what i may be doing wrong? I have gone through to be sure none of my binds are used twice in the SST software, and also that the mini-stick is not used anywhere in the DCS profiling menu.

Thanks in advance!

399050226_NewBitmapImage-Copy(2).thumb.jpg.4eda0f676211f99364685d78b403a688.jpg

No answer for you but following thread as I am interested in if this works or not...

Roger. I'll let you know what I find, here or elsewhere.

I have my old X52 (not Pro) profile as you say and no problems here... (I couldn't make it work as an axis in DCS)

Attaching the SST file, in case you can open it.

Thanks escaner. I can open it but unfortunately I woulden't know what to copy out of that to my own profile. I see that each ministick entry is called 6 or so times in the file.

I'll hold onto that in case I can make some sense of it down the road, thanks again.

Just look at the first column for the slew mapping. I use normal (Boat Aft / Mode 1) and shifted mode (Boat Aft (S) / Pinkie + Mode 1). In shifted mode it acts as normal mouse.

I mapped the 3-state Mode switch as Boat switch, but in order to avoid a bug in the display of the X52 I had to do it like this, in 6 columns... messy.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can't see your profile, it appears without assignations to me.

I have attached a screenshot from the editor. In the red square is the ministick assignation.

Note that:

* As I have a Spanish keyboard, it says "ñ" instead of ";" and "-" instead of "/".

* The band range is not fully symmetric but it feels better like this in my ministick (same force in every direction).

x52-bands.thumb.jpg.0e37411b326637ada6d0b4d23803f242.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks for the help. It appears I had a corrupt profile all along. I just started a new one and slewing with the ministick works fine. I haven't done any tweaking yet to the bands, but here is an English layout version attached.

2022908729_Untitled-Copy.thumb.png.9d074a350431574aa9d5cda9c394d3db.png

Good to see you got it sorted!

I have the X52 Pro and use the mouse stick for slewing the TGP, Mav (A10C) and the Shkval (KA50) with no issues.

My Hangar:

F16C | FA18C | AH64D | F14A/B | M2000C | AV8B | A10C/ii | KA50/iii | UH1H | Gazelle | FC3 | CA | Supercarrier

My Spec:

Obsidian750D Airflow | Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K | 32GB DDR4 Vengeance @3600 | RTX3080 12GB OC | ZXR PCIe | WD Black 2TB SSD | Log X56 | Log G502 | TrackIR | 1 badass mutha

Good to see you got it sorted!

I have the X52 Pro and use the mouse stick for slewing the TGP, Mav (A10C) and the Shkval (KA50) with no issues.

I had severe issues with the mouse stick on the X52 Pro: it had a very, very small dead zone and as so my cursor was flying all over the screen without even touching the thing.

So, what I did was completely disable the whole mouse function: I assigned (in the profile editor) the bands so wide/small that there was no input possible and set the deadzone in the control panel to the widest possible.

After reading the above posts, it seems attractive to map this thing to the slew functions for the A10C. However, if I do this, I have to remove the deadzone in the control panel. Do I have to "auto-load" the profile to prevent the cursor going berzerk again? (in other wordt: does the profile in the SST program overrule the settings of the control panel?)