Trying to trim the Dart.

Illusive Tabby

So I've had the MiG-21 since it was on sale back around the newyear but only now have really started to mess with it...and one thing I notice is that it likes to nose up. Alot. So I have been trying to set the trim to these...er...turning thingamabobs on my X52...as I think it would be idea. Could be wrong.

http://asn.aerosoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/saitek_x52_pro/112.JPG

That ^.

Anyways, I am a total scrub and know I should map stuff to my joystick, but frankly,...I could use some assistance.:helpsmilie:

I dont think its possible. The real -21 has the trim set to a up/down hat switch on the stick and it works fine that way.

The plane does need to be retrimmed often as speed changes, nothing you can do other then retrim frequently.

i5 4590 @ 3.77GHz | GTX 1060 6GB | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 | 1TB HDD+500GB HDD | Win10 Home X64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Basically what everyone else already mentioned, set trim to one of your joystick hats, it works really well in the Mig, the bird is really stable in flight once you get her speed up above 500kph and trims out really nicely in all flight regimes.

I find that I trim the Mig a lot more than the other fixed wing aircraft in DCS (oh who am I kidding the Mig is the only one Im currently flying :) ) and thats a good thing!

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Trim isn't such a big factor when you consider that the MiG-21 has a very effective autopilot.

Why not use it?

You mean the attitude/altitude hold and recovery? Sure that's useful, if you are going straight and level.

However I find that I trim the aircraft during takeoffs, landings, course changes, basically when I want to fly as efficiently as possible I hardly touch the stick except to roll the aircraft and trim for pitch.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.