Mig-21Bis Fully Layered Template.

Warlord64

I have created an oversimplified Layered Template.

It has all the basic elements for making skins with far fewer Layers than the official Paint Kit and is much more user freindly.

The template is in PSD Format so can be used with Gimp as well as Photoshop.

Cheers

Keiththumbup.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/file/pd4dnd..._4092.rar/file

Edited by Warlord64
  • Like 1

Fellas, I have been asking for these since the release! Thank You Keefy!

Im just pulling my hair out on how to activate them in game. I know how to pick a skin in mission builder. I tried adding the quotes and numbers to the files within the files in the skin folders. Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks all

Fellas, I have been asking for these since the release! Thank You Keefy!

Im just pulling my hair out on how to activate them in game. I know how to pick a skin in mission builder. I tried adding the quotes and numbers to the files within the files in the skin folders. Where have I gone wrong?

Thanks all

Hi Maico249th

Im really happy youre pleased with the Template:thumbup:

to add skins in game for Mig-21Bis follow these instructions

Place Skins into: DCS World/CoreMods/aircraft/Mig-21Bis/Liveries

To use in game go to 'Mission Builder' insert Aircraft Right Click for 'Properties' Menu Click on 'Payload' Tab and

the in the 'Paint Scheme' Drop down Menu at the bottom of the page select the desired skin..

IMPORTANT

Make sure to assign your aircraft to a Numbered Port shown in RED below [WITH comma's] in the 'documents' folder that comes with the skins, for example:

id=0

name = "04 - NVA_Mig-21"

MiG21Bis_01_Dif.dds

MiG21Bis_02_Dif.dd2

= 4096 x 4096 Resolution

----------------------------------------------------

MiG-21Bis_LOWREZ_1.dds

MiG-21Bis_LOWREZ_2.dd2

= 1024 X 1024 Resolution

keefyboy, This is my day! I've been waiting for a loooong time to fly the '21 in a Vietnam scenario. Thank You for these. I was hoping for one... to get four was simply amazing. I finally got them to work and I'm back in the 'Nam!

Great Work

Maico

Feel free to use as you wish,however any aknowledgment would be very much appreciated.

Yes, that includes the original artists too. ;)

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Yes, that includes the original artists too. ;)

Hi Rudel

+1 Absolutely,Devs work very much appreciated:worthy: :thumbup:

My point was I have created a Fully Layered Template that could be used for Skinning with the Alpha channels

rather than just a Blank skin for painting over,as far as I am aware and from what I have seen on the Mig-21 Forum

there was a need for a Fully Layered Template as there is not an official Mig-21Bis Template

with Layers as yet.

Regards

Keith

Edited by keefyboy

• 4 weeks later...

keefyboy, thanks for the template. Just one quick question. I am new to Photoshop (I have CS2) and have a question. When I disable the grey background layer everything is checkered. This makes it a bit difficult to see the lines/details and tell what area I am looking at. This also happens in GIMP.

With the official ED templates when I disable the base colors I can see a clear white background with all the lines, details, rivet layers, ect. making it easy to create a color scheme. Just wondering if there is a way to remove the checkered background?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...