Skulleader's P-51D cockpit v1.0

• 2 months later...

Skull,

Perhaps you can help with an issue I am having with your cockpit. I have the same mod 1.8 installed in both the Final Release and the beta release. Both have the latest 1.54 updates as of today. When I fly the Mustang in the Final release, the padded "No Hand Hold" portion is black, not the brown as in your mod. It is brown in the Beta release as always. I have tried copying and pasting the whole P-51 "Cockpit" folder from the Beta to the Final release but no matter what I do, that pad still comes up black, not brown. The rest of the cockpit is all correct for your mod. Any ideas?

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Skull,

Perhaps you can help with an issue I am having with your cockpit. I have the same mod 1.8 installed in both the Final Release and the beta release. Both have the latest 1.54 updates as of today. When I fly the Mustang in the Final release, the padded "No Hand Hold" portion is black, not the brown as in your mod. It is brown in the Beta release as always. I have tried copying and pasting the whole P-51 "Cockpit" folder from the Beta to the Final release but no matter what I do, that pad still comes up black, not brown. The rest of the cockpit is all correct for your mod. Any ideas?

Hello Chief1942,

For me everything work fine, no problem with textures with 1.5.4 and I join you the last version that I use today with DCS World 1.5.4.55169.134.

Lienk to the last version: https://www.dropbox.com/home/P-51D%20Cockpir%20for%20DCS%201.5.4

Please can you tell me if with this version now it's OK ?

Thanks, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

Still an issue.

Skulleader,

I am not able to download that link on DropBox but I do have your latest release dated 7-23-29016 but still I have the problem. Here are some screenshots showing what is happening. This one is from the same mission only in the Final Release:

Screen_160723_081159.thumb.jpg.85e81301c54b75c20f9b7e0f9f4e4ea4.jpg

This second one is from the Open Beta:

Screen_160723_081253.thumb.jpg.dc79d2d07b19162db8ef171bbb8197a5.jpg

The same release of your mod is installed in both .

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Hi again Chief1942,

Once again I've tested the cockpit and with DCS 1.5.4 stable version no problem.

Please if you can't download my cockpit from my dropbox please can you go to ED's librarie and download again the cockpit.

Since this morning it's the last version that I use today and available for DCS last version "stable" 1.5.4.

Here I join you a little video where you can see the number version of my DCS "1.5.4.55169.134" at 0:50 and after that the cockpit in action, I've make this video there's few minutes.

Video:

[ame]

[/ame]

My ED's librarie:

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/?arrFilter_pf%5Bfiletype%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bgameversion%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Bfilelang%5D=&arrFilter_pf%5Baircraft%5D=&arrFilter_DATE_CREATE_1_DAYS_TO_BACK=&CREATED_BY=Skulleader&sort_by_order=TIMESTAMP_X_DESC&set_filter=Filter

Edited by Skulleader

Skulleader,

Thanks for trying. I have downloaded and installed your latest mod. To let you know how weird this is, I placed your latest mod into my Beta install and it also has the black "No Hand Hold" pad. I removed it and put your version 1.7 back into the Beta and voila', back to the brown pad. I then put version 1.7 into my install of the Final Release and it's back to the black pad. I simply am in over my head on this so will accept that I cannot fix the issue and learn to live with the black pad. It's really not a deal breaker as every other part of your mod is there, just not the brown pad. It is really baffling in light of the fact that we both have the same install and you have the brown pad. I even removed all my JSGME mods, did a "repair" and reinstalled those mods. Same issue. I give up! Again, thanks for a truly great "pit" for the Mustang and also trying to help me get to the bottom of this.

Chief1942,

Please can you tell me if you use "DCS World 2.0 Early Access" or "DCS World 1.5 Early Access" ?

It is not an conflict between the OpenBeta and Stable version ?

It' very strange because I use only the Stable version and never I have this problem.

This morning I've installed DCS "DCS World 1.5 Early Access" and no problem with textures.

In fact with my PC I've installed DCS 1.5 "Stable" and 1.5 "Early Access" and everything work fine...

I would like if other members have the same problem than Chief1942 because for the moment I don't have any solution, sorry...

Best regards, Skull.

Edited by Skulleader

I've just installed it in the latest 1.54 beta and is working ok using jsgme. I did need to move mods folder into base skullz p51d folder (away from my comp at the moment so cant remember exact folder names) in my _MODS folder.

intel i7 6700k overclocked to 4.6, 16GB DDR4 3200MHz, Asus z170 pro gaming motherboard, Asus strix 1080, Max flight stick(modded), MFG Crosswind pedals.

Chief1942,

Please can you tell me if you have well installed the Mod as these path for you two DCS World:

For 1.5.4 OpenBeta:

C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Textures

For 1.5.4 Stable version:

C:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Textures

My cockpit is ready for JSGME but only with DCS 1.5.4 stable version not OpenBeta.

I wait your feedback, regards. Skull

Skull you did a Phenomenal job with the P-51 Pit. Thank You very much.:thumbup:

MSI R9 280X 6GB x2 Crossfire /ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 Mobo/AMD FX 4170 Bulldozer 4core CPU/RAM Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB/ Corsair RM 1000WATT PSU/Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit/ X52 & CH Pedals/ MSI DS502 GAMING Headset

Chief1942,

Please can you tell me if you have well installed the Mod as these path for you two DCS World:

For 1.5.4 OpenBeta:

My cockpit is ready for JSGME but only with DCS 1.5.4 stable version not OpenBeta.

Skull,

I have your Mod installed in both the Stable and OpenBeta release of 1.5.4. No problem.

But, I modified your JSGME file structure to begin with the Mods folder, not the Eagle Dynamics/DCS World path. I had to do that to install the mod in the correct path. I believe that is Chief's problem. Restructure the path in the JSGME to Mods/Aircraft/... not Eagle Dynamics/DCS World/Mods.... and you'll be OK.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Yes.

Chief1942,

For 1.5.4 OpenBeta:

Skulleader,

Although that specific path does not work on my computer since I have my DCS World folders on a separate SSD from the OS. But I am very familiar with the JSGMS file protocols so I have it installed accordingly. As I stated earlier, the same JSGME that works for the Beta install works for most all of your mod when installed into the stable version, except for that "No Hand Hold" pad color. I have even tried copying and pasting your .bmp file from your last release that contains the brown pad, but it STILL shows as black in the Release version. It is brown in both my Alpha (using your 1.8 version) and Beta (using the most recent version) installs. I won't take any more of your time as this is not that big an issue. It is just that it frustrates me when something does not work as usual and I cannot figure out the reason. I'll live with it. Again, thanks for your attention to this and your help.

JJohnson241,

I have changed the JSGME file path just like you indicated, and with several other file protocols as well while trying to figure this out. It appears that is NOT the issue. I have JSGME for all three installs Final Release, Beta, and Alpha. The file path I use works just fine with all three with the exception of the darn "No Hand Hold" pad being black in the final release. I even installed the Zip file contents of Skulleaders mod directly into the mods, aircraft, P-51D, Cockpit, Textures Zip directly and over rode the regular Zip files. The issue is still there. I think it will remain a mystery until I somehow stupidly stumble over the cause. If I understand correctly, the current Final Release and the Beta release are pretty much the same where the P-51D is concerned as it is out of "beta", so ANY JSGME should work equally for both those installs, right? Given that the Final Release and the Beta are NOT using the EDGE graphics, I don't seem to have any issues with any JSGME mod in any of the installs EXCEPT this one. I have even done a repair to make sure the installs are in right, and still the issue persists.

Edited by Chief1942

Chief,

The path was the problem in my installs. With Eagle dynamics/DCS World in the path I was not getting the mod installed. Without it and starting with Mods in the folder structure, I got the mod installed no problem.

The other thing you may check is that JSGME is pointed at the _Mods folder as the location of the mods. That might have been the problem with the Eagle Dynamics in the path. I was not getting the mod installed.

Don't know what else to tell you. Again, the path was my problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

I understand.

Chief,

The path was the problem in my installs. With Eagle dynamics/DCS World in the path I was not getting the mod installed. Without it and starting with Mods in the folder structure, I got the mod installed no problem.

The other thing you may check is that JSGME is pointed at the _Mods folder as the location of the mods. That might have been the problem with the Eagle Dynamics in the path. I was not getting the mod installed.

Don't know what else to tell you. Again, the path was my problem.

I picked up on Skulleaders JSGME path right away and knew it would not work correctly with my setup so modified the file structure accordingly just like you did). The mod installs fine in all three iterations so I have the structure right. But I am puzzled as to why, regardless of how many efforts I make, I cannot get the brown "No Hand Hold" pad in the final release P-51D. I get it in the Beta release and the Alpha (with his 1.8 version) and every other aspect of his mod is there, the armrest, the colored gages, the footprints, everything as you can see in the "screens" I posted, except that darn pad color. I even open the ZIP file and look at the .dds files and the associated .bmps that Skulleader uses, and they clearly show the brown pad except when I enter the cockpit of the Final release, it is black. Needless to say, I'm stumped. Thanks for your help and advice.

I picked up on Skulleaders JSGME path right away and knew it would not work correctly with my setup so modified the file structure accordingly just like you did). The mod installs fine in all three iterations so I have the structure right. But I am puzzled as to why, regardless of how many efforts I make, I cannot get the brown "No Hand Hold" pad in the final release P-51D. I get it in the Beta release and the Alpha (with his 1.8 version) and every other aspect of his mod is there, the armrest, the colored gages, the footprints, everything as you can see in the "screens" I posted, except that darn pad color. I even open the ZIP file and look at the .dds files and the associated .bmps that Skulleader uses, and they clearly show the brown pad except when I enter the cockpit of the Final release, it is black. Needless to say, I'm stumped. Thanks for your help and advice.

Do you have any other interior mods? i found that if you have other mods, and you use JSGME, some may over-write this one depending on when you activate them, also, for some odd reason one of my earlier versions of Skull's pit had the black no-hand hold dds file in it ( p51d-cpt01.bmp.dds ) re-downloading and replacing the zip folder fixed it in a jiffy.

Could you possibly check the \DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Textures\P-51D-CPT-TEXTURES.zip in your game folder, not the JSGME folder, and open up the p51d-cpt01.bmp.dds or p51d-cpt01.dds and tell me if that one is showing you the correct color? in theory it should be, but if its not. go back and check your JSGME filepath for the cockpit reskin and post it here please.

Perhaps its a simple mistake that you are overlooking, it happens to me all the time when im writing code, one stray semi-colon and everything breaks. might be something similar here.

for reference:

my filepath for the JSGME P-51D Pit: D:\Programs\DCS World\_MODS\Skulleaders P51D Cockpit\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Textures

My Filepath to DCS cockpit for P51D: D:\Programs\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Textures

My folder also contains a folder called: P-51D-CPT-TEXTURES

which is used by a couple other mods to overwrite specific DDS files from the cpt-textures zip file. (namely gauges and adding a dash photo into the pit) check that your DCS Filepath for the cockpit textures doesn't have this folder, and if it does, that the p51d-cpt01.bmp.dds isn't being overwritten by a file in this folder.

Edited by Davison

Davison,

No other interior mods for the P-51D. I even removed every other JSGME mod except "Skull P-51D last version for 1.5.4" to make certain there were no conflicts with another mod. Same issue, black pad.

Yes I opened the Zip in both the installs (_Mods and Mods-aircraft, etc) and checked the p51d-cpt01.bmp.dds and they all show the brown pad, which is the correct color.

Here is my file path for the JSGME folder: H:\ DCS World\_Mods\Skull P-51D last version for 1.5.4\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Textures\7Z P-51D-CPT-TEXTURES

My file path for DCS Cockpit for P-51D:H:\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Cockpit\Textures\7Z P-51D-CPT-TEXTURES

I do not have any other folders present in either of those file paths for the P-51D cockpit. And every other JSGME mod that I have in the Final Release install works fine.

My JSGME file and paths for both my Beta install and my Alpha (Skulls earlier version) install are working fine and have the correct color pad (brown), but using the very same JSGME file path and mod of Skulleaders in my Final Release gives me the incorrect pad color every time (black).

Every other aspect of his cockpit mod is all there and correctly displayed. No texture anomalies. As I've said, I thought it was a wrong .bmp \dds file which contains the pad, but it shows clearly the correct pad color in every iteration of Skulls mod that I have on my computer, but simply will not display that correct color once in the cockpit of the P-51D in the Final Release. I really don't know where to go from here and I do appreciate everyone trying to help me figure out the issue. This is frustrating not because I can't live with the pad being black, I can, it's simply I want to know why this issue is occurring. Call it morbid curiosity, but it is beginning to become an obsession now. And I certainly am familiar with these types of issues turning out to be something very simple but overlooked. I've had egg on my face due to that error more than once.

Be certain that if I DO find the solution, I will certainly post that here on this thread. Thanks.

Edited by Chief1942

Finally!!

Whoopie!! I got it!:cheer3nc: Seems I have Mudspikes Mod "Vivid Colors" in my DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Liveries\Cockpit_P-51D\ plus I had selected it under "Options" "Special" P-51D, "Select a customized cockpit" in the GUI. I had checked the "vivid colors".:doh: Now when I select the "Default" cockpit, Skulls mod is working correctly.:worthy: Never would have thought to look in P-51D Liveries\Cockpit_P-51D. Now to go wipe the egg off my face once more.:bash:

I also changed the "Vivid Colors" .bmp/dds to the one that Skull provided and now I have the correct pad color whether I select either "Vivid colors" or "Default" in the GUI. Happy now!

Edited by Chief1942

Whoopie!! I got it!:cheer3nc: Seems I have Mudspikes Mod "Vivid Colors" in my DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Liveries\Cockpit_P-51D\ plus I had selected it under "Options" "Special" P-51D, "Select a customized cockpit" in the GUI. I had checked the "vivid colors".:doh: Now when I select the "Default" cockpit, Skulls mod is working correctly.:worthy: Never would have thought to look in P-51D Liveries\Cockpit_P-51D. Now to go wipe the egg off my face once more.:bash:

I also changed the "Vivid Colors" .bmp/dds to the one that Skull provided and now I have the correct pad color whether I select either "Vivid colors" or "Default" in the GUI. Happy now!

Great, glad you worked it out.

I'm not familiar with Mudspikes "Vivid Colors" mod. Is that a P-51D specific mod?

EDIT: Never mind Chief, I found Mudspike's mod in the user files section.

Edited by jjohnson241

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67

Yes, It is a mod that I came by via Skulleaders cockpit mod. If you go to the first post on this thread Skulleader linked to the mod. I had completely forgotten about it primarily due to it's location after it's installed. Like I found out, it is actually in the "Liveries" file within the mods-aircraft-P-51D=Liveries folder. Never would have thought to look there for a cockpit texture issue. Oh well, onward an upward.

And by the way, Semper Fi! Bro. 3rd Marine Air Wing 1960-1964

• 11 months later...

Hi Crousti,

Last week I've upgraded my DCS to DCS 1.5.7.7741.317 "Stable Version" and the "Skulleader P-51D Cockpit v1.9 for DCS 1.5.4 - 07-23-2016" work fine but maybe it's not the case with DCS Beta, correct ?

I don't have Beta version...

Please can you published few screenshots with these problems ?

Thanks, Skull.

For me, all the gauges and the front canopy glass have placeholder textures or something. The rest of the cockpit seems fine.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Hi Crousti,

Last week I've upgraded my DCS to DCS 1.5.7.7741.317 "Stable Version" and the "Skulleader P-51D Cockpit v1.9 for DCS 1.5.4 - 07-23-2016" work fine but maybe it's not the case with DCS Beta, correct ?

I don't have Beta version...

Please can you published few screenshots with these problems ?

Thanks, Skull.

Skull,

That update included new glass DDS files in the P-51D Cockpit textures zip archive.

I've got opaque instruments and cockpit glass when I apply your mod in the stable version.

Perhaps the problem is created with HDR on and/or textures high.

I don't know what settings you're running but there is definitely a problem in the stable version and I suspect the BETA and the NTTR 2 versions as well.

EDIT: I replaced the two "glass" DDS files in Skull's original mod with those from the last DCS 1.5 update and the revised mod now works in all three versions of DCS. I tried posting the revision here but I keep getting a security token error trying to attach the .zip file. Maybe it's too big.

Skull, the dates on the two files I replaced are both 7-5-17. I'm sure you'll see the files in the latest P-51 cockpit textures zip file.

Edited by jjohnson241

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3rd Mar Div

RVN '66-'67