problem connecting to DSC A-10C

stanfair

When I start up DCS A 10C warthog it has recently had the problem of getting as far as training, then start, and then closes, and reverts back to the Windows desktop, some of the other choices seem to work all right.

Can someone please tell me what has happened.

Regards Stan

no answer to problem

I am posting this again in the hope that I get a answer to my problem.

Maybe I have I posted in the wrong place?

thanks

When I start up DCS A 10C warthog it has recently had the problem of getting as far as training, then start, and then closes, and reverts back to the Windows desktop, some of the other choices seem to work all right.

Regards Stan

I doubt it will help our understanding if you copy paste the same description again. I assume english is not your native language (nor is it mine).

But please try to elaborate a bit what your situation exactly is.

At the moment I can only guess what you are facing.

What do you want to say with "connecting to DCS A-10C" exactly?

I never connect to DCS A-10C Warhog, I don't even start it.

What I do is starting up DCS World, under which the A-10C is installed as an integrated module.

Sounds like a Dist. or Graphics issue.

Update the drivers for the Video Card and make sure you re-install the Dist. files in the DCS folder. (i.e. C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\dist.

Install both files in this folder.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

What version of DCS you have installed? If it is old pre DCS World version, download latest DCS World and A-10C module from ED web site.

Update graphics drivers as Atalia has said.

Check how much RAM you have. If you are short on RAM this can cause the problem.

If you still can't successfully start DCS World and fly A-10C, try to find log file and upload it here.

Edited by marluk
[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

StyanFair has other posts. Seems to ask a Q. and not respond to the advice.

Could be a language issue, I guess.

We will see.

This was a Boutique Builder iBuypower rig. Until I got the tinker bug again i7 920 @3.6Mhz 12Gig Corsair XMS3 ram 1600 Nvidia 760 SLi w/4Gig DDR5 Ram Intel 310 SSD HDD 160 Gb + Western Digital 4Terabyte HDD Creative SB X-Fi HD Audio Logitech X-530 5.1 Surround Speaker System Dual Acer 32"Monitors. PSU 1200 w Thermaltake Win10 64Bit.

I would ck and see if you have a stuck or lazy key(KB,Mouse Joystick game pad if you use one).I had something along the same lines happen about a year or so and it turned out to be a stuck key and would close out DCS and send me back to DT. Hope that helps:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I doubt it will help our understanding if you copy paste the same description again. I assume english is not your native language (nor is it mine).

But please try to elaborate a bit what your situation exactly is.

At the moment I can only guess what you are facing.

What do you want to say with "connecting to DCS A-10C" exactly?

I never connect to DCS A-10C Warhog, I don't even start it.

What I do is starting up DCS World, under which the A-10C is installed as an integrated module.

others seem to understand my problem Rongor. I don't think asking about my problem twice would make any difference I'm a bit new to this.

sorry

What binary version of Win you are running? 32 or 64 bit? ED does not support 32 bit version any more.

Also, check RAM. If you have 6GB or more you should be fine. Check memory usage in Windows Task manager while using DCS. Close other applications while using DCS.

Search the forum for exact location of the log file. I think it is saved in DCS folder in My documents.

Did you install some of the mods? If so, try to uninstall them.

Try to run repair of DCS product.

[B]*NOB* Lucky[/B] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Tko vrijedi leti, tko leti vrijedi, tko ne leti ne vrijedi

Regards Stan

with the combined help of all the members that answered my call for help, and up grading all the relevant drivers I now have DCS A-10C warthog working.

I do not know which particular action cured the problem, but I am thankful to everyone who helped me.

I now have the almighty task and pleasure of trying to learn to fly this beast of a plane,

thanks again.