Old Runway

What do you think, replace the original runway DCS a worn runway and damaged by the passage of time?

Bored of the original texture, I decided to give it a different look. What do you think?

You can download this texture and choose between two options:

► Old Soviet Runway.

► Old West Runway.

No need to replace anything, simply add the folder instead. This mod is compatible easy to install with JSGME but they must choose that you like. If you are already using a mod that uses the "LandTexture" folder simply put the dds files within that folder and ready.

I put some screenshots as an example. I hope you like the idea, it's not very original but it's something.

Texture »»»

West...

wpp2.jpg~original

Soviet

wpp.jpg~original

For version 1.5 should only place the "LandTextures" folder:

Mods \ terrains \ CaucasusBase \ vfstextures \

That is .dds texture files, remain in:

Mods \ terrains \ CaucasusBase \ vfstextures \ LandTextures \

If you use JSGME you must change the path of the mod to fit your new location.

► Old Runway 2 LINK ► http://www.mediafire.com/download/r7o2k188s68x0n6/Old+Runway+2.rar

►Old Taxiway and Parking 2 LINK ► http://www.mediafire.com/download/bmxew2nn8oe7951/Old+Parking+and+Taxiway+2.rar

Enjoy :thumbup:

Edited by T. Jacob
  • Like 3

great

Intel® Core™ i5-2500k CPU@4.20GHz 64 bit operation System Windows 10+ Pro NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 - Memory: 16.0 GB - 500gb ssd samsung - Samsung 27"SyncMaster TA550 monitors [SIZE=1][B]- [/B][/SIZE][FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]TM Hotas Warthog[/SIZE][/FONT] Trackir4 - TM Rudder Pedals.

Perfect. Thanks!

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Thanks man!

Sometimes people need differences on something. That's why I love mod-able feature of DCS!

Thanks again.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Great Mod! Well done!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Excellent mod. Thank you sir.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

Perfect. Just need to have the Park and the taxi lane. It's going to be perfect.

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Nice!

Impressive work. Again. :thumbup:

CPU: Intel Core i9-10900K (10. Generation) @5 GHz, Cooler: Corsair iCUE H150i RGB Pro XT, RAM: 64 GB Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB DDR4-3200, HDD: 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 SSD i.a., Mainboard: ASRock Z490 Taichi, Graphic Card: ASUS TUF Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24 GB OC Edition, Case: Lian Li - PC-011 Dynamic XL, black, Power Adapter: 1000W – be quiet! Straight Power 11 Platinum, Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Ark (55" 4K), MFD: 2 x TM Cougar MFD with Lilliput 8" Monitors, Mouse: Roccat Kone AIMO, Mousepad: Corsair MM700 RGB, Keyboard: Roccat Vulcan 121 AIMO LED, black, Joystick: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, Rudderpedals: MFG Crosswind Flight Rudder Pedals (Graphite), Headtracker: TrackIR 5, VR Headset: Pimax Vision 8K X DMAS, Mikrophone: Rode NT-USB

both are looking perfect , hard to choose. thanks for the mod. i will add these to my "must have list"

i hope you will make some taxi and parking textures and signs in the future.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

No hit.

By the way, I tried West textures. Loop on the runway was observed actually. It would be greater if they can be eliminated.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5

I have tried them but unfortunatelly the textures don't show at ALL the airports..Some have them,some don't!Too bad..Maybe i did something wrong (but i don't think so,because i know how to use mods) but can you confirm the same thing as me?

Thnx...

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

I have tried them but unfortunatelly the textures don't show at ALL the airports..Some have them,some don't!Too bad..Maybe i did something wrong (but i don't think so,because i know how to use mods) but can you confirm the same thing as me?

Thnx...

Yes that is correct...the textures show on some runways only.

Using the old soviet style myself...very nice T.Jacob.:thumbup:

Are you doing the aprons and taxiways to compliment??

Edited by aceviper

The textures in itself look great, and might even look better than stock DCS 2.0 eventually. But your mod is suffering from the same issue that Toby23's mod is, it doesn't blend in with the rest of the ground textures very well.. Perhaps something can be done about that?

i7 4790K: 4.8GHz, 1.328V (manual)

MSI GTX 970: 1,504MHz core, 1.250V, 8GHz memory

Big vote for taxi markings and signs.......

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Thank you all for your comments. As for the taxiway, this is the option that I'm working. I tried adding transparent edges, but the textures are not joined by where one expected to join. And as for loops, it is because the details, I try to create textures with good detail but the detail is a double-edged sword, on the one hand enriches the texture, but otherwise make perceptible loops. The only way that loops disappear is to create a uniform texture, but not the way I want to take. Simply place a small oil stain, and it will be repeated significantly. That is disgusting. Maybe I not even learn to create textures without loops. Sorry :(

Screen_150504_043243.jpg~original

Screen_150504_043846.jpg~original

Screen_150504_043657.jpg~original

Great work, using the Russian mod. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i5 4690K | ASUS Z-97PRO Gaming Mobo | Nvidia Gigabyte GTX970 3.5/0.5 GB Windforce3 | G.Skill Ripjaws-X 2x8GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung Evo 120GB SSD | Win10 Pro | Antec 750w 80 Bronze Modular

Is this texture mod only available for limited airports or all airports? Since it has different installation path, compared to existing toby23's rwy/taxi texture mod.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Thanks again, Jacob! :)

Is this texture mod only available for limited airports or all airports? Since it has different installation path, compared to existing toby23's rwy/taxi texture mod.

DCS renders some airports differently so the textures are not seen on all airfields..and Toby just used the temptextures folder..what is just an other approach of overwriting files...the general file path is the same..because DCS expects the airfield textures in the landtextures zip

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..