F-14A/B DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #2

Cobra847

Now that's an update...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As always, this update was definitely worth the wait and thank you for it!

Amazing renders! And really great news: Mid-late 80s F-14A, TCS/bullet fairing, detailed/unique engine modeling, mid-90s F-14B with A-G capability, a campaign in the "cold sea". Sounds incredible, seriously.

Those TF30 exhaust nozzles are flawless and remarkably detailed. This external model is in a league of it's own!

BTW, I've seen some great pictures of the USS Carl Vinson in the Bering Sea during the mid-80s, the aircrews also had some good stories about operating in intense situations such as carrier landings in near-zero visibility. Conditions were so bad that they would ONLY launch Tomcats with no tanker or E-2 support. They wouldn't have carrier operations at all except for their proximity to the Soviet Union. Could make for some very interesting missions ;)!

(North Sea would be awesome too!).

This is a vicious cycle: I can't wait for each update, the info makes waiting for the actual module much harder.

Thank you for the amazing work and I hope that family and job events settle down for the team, that is tough stuff.

-Nick

Edited by BlackLion213

Q: Which theatre will be included with the F-14?

A: Very oceany. Very cold.

The F-14 Campaign will take place in this theatre.

Hmm "cold" as in temperature or cold as in era? *ponders*

Hmmm "oceany" as in water or as in soundtrack by Billy Ocean! *ponders the endless possibilities*

Partial silliness aside, it is sounding fantastic, great work!

One other small detail.

The TCS has a few small details that can be hard to see in photos.

1. There is an angle between the TCS body and the camera barrel.

This photo shows it pretty well, but it is subtle:

tcs2.jpg

t6ju1kxcmuqg1mnkaisz.jpg

F-14A_Tomcat_Northrop_TCS2.jpg

2. The ALQ-100 housing is tapered at it's base, which this photo also shows.

f14tcs.jpg

axx-1.jpg

Small details, your model may have this modeled correctly, but I can't tell in the render.

Amazing work! This render gives me goose bumps:

ClosedCat_02.png

Best,

Nick

Edited by BlackLion213

great news

that´s great news, my wallet is ready for this. one quick question: the F-14D was left out because DCS cannot accurately simulate the new electronic systems in the F14D?

Excellent update.

Thank you, LN.

DCS Wish: Turbulences affecting surrounding aircraft...

[sIGPIC] [/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P - Intel Core i5 6600K - 16Gb RAM DDR4-2133 - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming - 8 Go - 2 x SSD Crucial MX300 - 750 Go RAID0 - Screens: HP OMEN 32'' 2560x1440 + Oculus Rift CV1 - Win 10 - 64bits - TM WARTHOG #889 - Saitek Pro Rudder.

Q: Why not GOOSE AI?

A: Goose is dead, man.

:lol:

If you want to talk to anyone about anything personal, send it to their PM box. Interpersonal drama and ad hominem rebuttal are things that do not belong on a thread viewed by the public.

One thing i have to point out... naming a thread.. "OK, so" is as useful as tits on a bull.

So potentially LANTIRN, but not LANTIRN 40k, and also no JDAMS. I forget, does a mid 90s F-14 have the 'only require minor change' compatibility with the AMRAAM, or is that a later increment? I only ask because of the whole extrapolated capabilities thing we got concerning the GROM and the MiG-21.

Leatherneck you are just awesome. I truly mean it. Lol@inevitable divorce

Now I can enjoy my morning over coffee thanks to this great update. You guys really make the difference.

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

it must be noted that several technologies developed for one of our other aircraft can directly be drawn upon to shorten the development time of the F-14. Elements include e.g. HUD elements or Navigational implementations

This is highly interesting! It could mean that at least one of the not-yet-named projects shares some systems with the Tomcat, like the AN/AVG-8 (F-4B) or a predecessor of the AN/AVA-12 HUD. Just some random early morning thougths :)

So potentially LANTIRN, but not LANTIRN 40k, and also no JDAMS. I forget, does a mid 90s F-14 have the 'only require minor change' compatibility with the AMRAAM, or is that a later increment? I only ask because of the whole extrapolated capabilities thing we got concerning the GROM and the MiG-21.

It should include the LANTIRN I would hope as that came around 92 I think. The LANTIRN 40k was induced in 2001.

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord