F-14A/B DEVELOPMENT UPDATE #2

Cobra847

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That setup was specifically made for the test, there is practically no way to get there through regular operations. It would nice if the setup could be made preflight though :P

I'm fairly certain you're incorrect. There are separate wing sweep circuit breakers for left and right side, so if I'm reading the manual right, forcing asymmetric sweep should be possible.

I'm fairly certain you're incorrect. There are separate wing sweep circuit breakers for left and right side, so if I'm reading the manual right, forcing asymmetric sweep should be possible.

For the flight test of the asymmetrical wing test they disconnected the systems for one wing and manually moved the wing to the required sweep and locked it there, the other wing was able to be swept by the cockpit sweep control. The two wings are interlinked to prevent asymmetrical settings happening.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

For the flight test of the asymmetrical wing test they disconnected the systems for one wing and manually moved the wing to the required sweep and locked it there, the other wing was able to be swept by the cockpit sweep control. The two wings are interlinked to prevent asymmetrical settings happening.

Yep, you can even see the interconnect on some internal wing schematics.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

RIO stands for Radar Intercept Officer. A RIO basically falls under the NFO designation. It's just that a RIO is like a sub category.

WSO falls under NFO too.

• Like 1

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Just hope we can have it, the heroes in the Iran-Iraq War is still alive, maybe we can ask help from him .

:thumbup:

If LN didn't implement this feature I would make this mod,my self.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If LN didn't implement this feature I would make this mod,my self. :thumbup:

Well, I'm practically sure they won't (as they're not releasing the DCS: IRIAF F-14 module) so you might as well start working on it now :)

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Well, I'm practically sure they won't (as they're not releasing the DCS: IRIAF F-14 module) so you might as well start working on it now :)
maybe,but they also said that they are going to IRIAF F-14A pilots!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

maybe,but they also said that they are going to IRIAF F-14A pilots!

Well, it would certainly go very well with the livery and the new theater, but then it would hopefully be a full package to replace all of the communication voices.

Speaking of which, it would be nice if DCS World would support multiple language packs (unless it already does and I'm out of the loop completely). E.g. you could install voice packs for a certain country and if they are not present, default would get used.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Well, it would certainly go very well with the livery and the new theater, but then it would hopefully be a full package to replace all of the communication voices.

Speaking of which, it would be nice if DCS World would support multiple language packs (unless it already does and I'm out of the loop completely).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That setup was specifically made for the test, there is practically no way to get there through regular operations. It would nice if the setup could be made preflight though :P

There is an article in Approach about a malfunction that actually happened in the fleet somehow. Not as drastic as the NASA test, but the wings were at separate sweep angles. They got one wing to sweep back to match the other(~50 degree) and tried to land on the ship but the sink rate was way too high so they recovered on land. I'll try to find it if you want to read it. Regardless, out of all the F-14 flight hours this condition only happened once in the flight, so there isn't a reason to simulate it.

VF-2 Bounty Hunters

https://www.csg-1.com/

DCS F-14 Pilot/RIO Discord:

https://discord.gg/6bbthxk

Q: Will random failures and issues be modeled?

A: Yes! We have a slew of unique and new features planned here that should introduce some RPG-esque elements into your gameplay experience, should you wish it.

Sincerely,

Leatherneck Simulations

Have to ask about this one...

Is the RPG-esque elements like the ability to preflight the aircraft or walk around it while parked? That would definitely be nostalgic (all those airshows as a kid!).

Or is it something different?

-Nick

Is the RPG-esque elements like the ability to preflight the aircraft or walk around it while parked? That would definitely be nostalgic (all those airshows as a kid!).

-Nick

Would only want that if I could walk around on an MP server with my RIO going...

"I feel the need...the need..FOR SPEED!"

The high-five is a must.

Frisco1522

Edited by Frisco1522

-Nick

Dating mini-game with female civilian "instructor"?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 6700K @ 4.2, MSI M5 Z170A Gaming, NZXT X61 Kraken liquid cooler, PNY Nvidia GTX 1080 Founders Edition, 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000 Mhz C15, samsung 840 evo SSD, CoolerMaster 1000W Gold rated PSU, NZXT Noctis 450 cabinet, Samsung S240SW 24' 1920x1200 LED panel, X-52 Pro Flight stick. W10 Pro x64 1809, NO antivirus EVER

• 2 weeks later...