Desert 3.0

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starway,

I have reinstalled the Mod several times and removed all other mods I can not get my textres to anywhere near as good as the pictures at the start of this thread. Please below for some screen shots.

Is there right or something conflicting with my installation.

I am using JSGME.

Regards,

Jacks

Screen_150826_230638.thumb.jpg.488a3fe05b99340b6c527cc6dda94c72.jpg

Screen_150826_230558.thumb.jpg.a94eb7fa02fa0ed698fe06be10882cdd.jpg

Screen_150826_230519.thumb.jpg.7090804d425fb918d4b797e9f5996575.jpg

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

I don't understand Starway said Desert 3.2 was almost ready for release something like 3 weeks ago and right now it's still 3.0. I hope real life problems didn't sneak in. I mean I'm so pumped to see 3.2 I can barely wait :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Starway,

I have reinstalled the Mod several times and removed all other mods I can not get my textres to anywhere near as good as the pictures at the start of this thread. Please below for some screen shots.

Is there right or something conflicting with my installation.

I am using JSGME.

Regards,

Jacks

I see no forests in your screenshots.....scenes need to be set to high for forests to show:thumbup:

Scenes were set to high but I have now solved the problem by deleting the mod and redownloading.

I have started a project to create green zone scenario next to a major river like in Helmand province and populate it custom, CPs, PBs and FOBs.

Now I have desert textures working it looks great. The only thing I personally would like to see are more trees lining fields and tracks so it looks more like a real GZ.

Jacks

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I decided to wait with the release until DCS 1.5 is out and make the mod ready for the update. I spend to much time on this and you all know the quality of my mods. They are worth much more than beeing a stopgap. Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,

SW

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

When 1.5 will be? Oo how do you know it will be 1.5? Oo not 1.2.99. Lol

I've been trying to think of something funny to say about this post, or whether to just simply say nothing, or to even be informative. But I'm stumped. Its a psychological puzzle to me.

• Like 1

You do really good work Starway, but Nevada is a desert, and S.O.H. is a desert. Do we really need another desert?

What I did notice the other day, is the Black Sea map bears a slight resemblance to the West Coast of the Korean peninsula. I wonder how much reconfiguring could be done to create a workable scenario for the F-51, F-86, Mig-15, and B-29 Ai? -Woog

You do really good work Starway, but Nevada is a desert, and S.O.H. is a desert. Do we really need another desert?

What I did notice the other day, is the Black Sea map bears a slight resemblance to the West Coast of the Korean peninsula. I wonder how much reconfiguring could be done to create a workable scenario for the F-51, F-86, Mig-15, and B-29 Ai? -Woog

Good point, but I will release the desert textures anyways, because there are some people waiting for it.

But a Korean scenario might be interesting! Could be the next project :D

System: Intel Core i5 3570K | GTX 980 OC | 16 GB DDR3 1600 | 500 GB SSD

Good point, but I will release the desert textures anyways, because there are some people waiting for it.

But a Korean scenario might be interesting! Could be the next project :D

And map names? Is there any kind of mod that allows to edit/change default names for cities, AF, etc?

That would be the best add on for your textures; and campaigns would be more immersive.

666GIAP_Chimanov - My Tomcat tribute video, type on youtube browser=> "DCS F-14 Tomcat Symphony"

The Pacific coast of Central America will suit too, specially for COIN scenarios in countries like El Salvador or even Panama, even the mountains in the east of Georgia will match the central America mountain chain. Vietnam repaint is a good starting point but will require more light green general look and trees.

ImageGeo_zpss6skgcwa.jpg

Image2_zpsbkbpmkor.jpg

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

Looking forward to seeing it in 1.5.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64