UH-1 Huey - Mission Editor-Trigger Conditions, Actions, Arguments & Values

DSPALLASVI

Under ShagRat's:thumbup: initial guidance, have been looking at the various '.lua' files. After a while felt compelled to compile some info in one place on the various instruments which can be monitored in Belsimtek's UH-1 Huey.

Using for example the 'X: Cockpit Argument In Range' in the Mission Editor.

Also included are the various 'X: Cockpit Perform Clickable Action' parameters for the various actions possible.

Have not seen any info in one place for these Huey parameters, so I hope this compilation fills that void a little.

DsPallasVI

DCS - UH-1 Huey - Trigger Conditions, Actions, Arguments & Values.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Nice. Thanks.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

What a great gift! Now thanks to you we all could design performance 'rated' missions. Thanks again!

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Can you help me?

I am trying to execute a trigger as follows:

Name of trigger : Music On

Conditions: 1- Time More (15 seconds meaning it will start once 15 seconds elapsed from paused sim state)

2- Battery power switch on. Well I don't know which of the X cockpit trigger conditions to use to (assess) if the battery switch is on or not. I don't want to trigger the switch, I just want its state as ON to be queried as second condition to the trigger itself, and once it is turned ON then condition 2 becomes true. And since condition 1&2 are true, the trigger executes the following:

Trigger: Sound to group Xyz.ogg

A little help with number 2 condition is immensely appreciated.

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you help me?

Conditions: 1- Time More (15 seconds meaning it will start once 15 seconds elapsed from paused sim state)

2- Battery power switch on. Well I don't know which of the X cockpit trigger conditions to use to (assess) if the battery switch is on or not. I don't want to trigger the switch, I just want its state as ON to be queried as second condition to the trigger itself, and once it is turned ON then condition 2 becomes true. And since condition 1&2 are true, the trigger executes the following:

As mentioned in PM, apologies for the delay. Thought I post answer here as more people might find it insightfull.

Had a look around last night and found the following solution to your 'play sound' issue.

From '.lua' files find that the overhead's Battery Switch argument # = 219.

Meaning, the number is for the EVALUATION of the Switch's state to be used in the 'Condition' column.

Not to be confused with the Command that CONTROLS the switch in the "Action" column!! *

Anyway, the given 'Down' value = 1.0

(Note: 'Down' [1.0], in this case happens to be the switch is 'OFF"(!).

In the 'Conditions' column of ME, use the "X:Cockpit Argument In Range" and apply the above numbers:

Argument: 219

Min: 0

Max: 0.1

Then, in the 'Actions' column, use "Sound to "...X..."" ("X" = group, country, unit).

Select the sound you want to play for the action.

Have attached here a few screenshots of the Battery Switch and the message that's created (am using that to test it :music_whistling:

Also, attached is a "mission" file where you can see the triggers and how they're set up. Heli is sitting on ramp, 'cold'.

All you need to do is flick Battery Switch to see / hear the effect

Hope this is of help to you...

* = I stand corrected for how the 'Argument' and 'Command' triggers work, but that's how I think the triggers must be working in DCS

1730130620_Batt.Switch-Triggers.thumb.jpg.ad74550f8be7ac3a956c626549e22f59.jpg

932147886_Batt.SwitchOff.thumb.jpg.ab482372293b25249a9c337fff1d6664.jpg

172627589_Batt.SwitchOn.thumb.jpg.729cbbf23fc88b3943322a66e1acd23a.jpg

Battery Switch Position.miz

ASUS Sabertooth X79 TUF Motherboard / Intel Core i7-3930K Unlocked Processor Six Core / Corsair CMP32GX3M4X1600C10 Dominator Memory Kit - 32GB (4x 8GB) / OCZ Solid 3 480GB Solid State Drive / EVGA GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ / Corsair CW-9060002-WW Hydro H70 CORE CPU Cooler / Seagate ST1000DM003 1TB Hard Drive / BenQ XL2420TX 24" Widescreen LED Gaming Monitor - 1920 x 1080 / Windows 7 Ultimate Edition, 64-bit / C-Tek 12-bit: Foot Pedals - Robinson Cyclic - 5-button-hat cyclic - Collective / TrackIR-5

Much obliged, thank you.

As mentioned in PM, apologies for the delay. Thought I post answer here as more people might find it insightfull.

Had a look around last night and found the following solution to your 'play sound' issue.

From '.lua' files find that the overhead's Battery Switch argument # = 219.

Meaning, the number is for the EVALUATION of the Switch's state to be used in the 'Condition' column.

Not to be confused with the Command that CONTROLS the switch in the "Action" column!! *

Anyway, the given 'Down' value = 1.0

(Note: 'Down' [1.0], in this case happens to be the switch is 'OFF"(!).

In the 'Conditions' column of ME, use the "X:Cockpit Argument In Range" and apply the above numbers:

Argument: 219

Min: 0

Max: 0.1

Then, in the 'Actions' column, use "Sound to "...X..."" ("X" = group, country, unit).

Select the sound you want to play for the action.

Have attached here a few screenshots of the Battery Switch and the message that's created (am using that to test it :music_whistling:

Also, attached is a "mission" file where you can see the triggers and how they're set up. Heli is sitting on ramp, 'cold'.

All you need to do is flick Battery Switch to see / hear the effect

Hope this is of help to you...

* = I stand corrected for how the 'Argument' and 'Command' triggers work, but that's how I think the triggers must be working in DCS

Only the A-10 that I have come across, while looking around for triggers and arguments values... that's why I made this one for the Huey... haven't found anything else apart from these two....

• 6 months later...

Hello

I have the same kind of problem

I want to check the radar altimeter in the huey: have a true value bewteen 1 and 15 ft

Any help is really welcome as i can t find the correct syntax by myself

Ps sorry for my bad english ;)

Envoyé de mon GT-I9506 en utilisant Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

radios clickable actions IDs and arguments are wrong for 1.5

anything else is working

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

VID: MSI Nvidia RTX4070 12GB \ MON: Samsung ue49ks8000 49'', Lilliput 8'' x2

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

have tested anti-collision and nav lights switches - not working too. i need to create a clickable action when unit in zone (my operator turn off the light while im busy piloting in formation). using numbers in document bear no fruit(( other switches are working - battery on\off for example. will be very greateful for any help!

MB: Asus ROG Strix Z390-E \ CPU: i9-9900K NZXT Kraken X52\ DDR4: 3000MHz G.SKILL Trident Z Royal 32Gb RAM \

CNTRL: Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog \ Saitek Combat Rudder pedals \ TrackIR 5 \ Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack

door gunners ID totally invalid for 1.5(( its not 10 is 9!

can someone provide corrected version of this document for 1.5 and 2.0?((((

• 4 weeks later...

is it possible to cut off throttle via trigger? there is no such clickable action command. for example continuous action THROTTLE DECREASE during FLAG IS TRUE?

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...
Can you help me?

lol I guess I could fly to neil peart destroying the drums while I fly

• 11 months later...
Under ShagRat's:thumbup: initial guidance, have been looking at the various '.lua' files. After a while felt compelled to compile some info in one place on the various instruments which can be monitored in Belsimtek's UH-1 Huey.

Using for example the 'X: Cockpit Argument In Range' in the Mission Editor.

Also included are the various 'X: Cockpit Perform Clickable Action' parameters for the various actions possible.

Have not seen any info in one place for these Huey parameters, so I hope this compilation fills that void a little.

DsPallasVI

Great pdf. Does something similiar also exist for the Mi-8?

• 4 months later...

Is there a list of the id# for use in the action block this looks to be the condition block ids. In the training mission I was using as a study guide Id1 was the ac phase switch ptr iirc the cockpit doors were 88 & 89 that’s all I remember off the top of my head

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys! I need some help.

I am building a mission and I want to create a trigger action when I open one of the gunner doors. I saw that the ID of the gunner door according to the forum is 9, and the command is 3035 for the R gunner and 3036 for the L gunner. But I am unable to find the argument for the doors.

Does anyone know how I could do it?

Thanks

Hi Hornet81,

I made a list of triggers a few years back, and remember that the sliding doors could be tagged to flags, but subsequently I could never find a trigger or code for the two pilot doors. I always assumed they were off-limits to any triggers and/or flags.

IIRC, aren't there some missions in the UN Campaign that activate the cabin doors, like when landing at the road checkpoints or something? Been a while.

But if so, I assume that is scripted or triggered within the mission, which implies there is a way to do what I think you're asking.

Sorry this isn't much of an answer, but hopefully it's a line of investigation.

i7 9700k | GTX 1080 | 32 gb | X55 + ProFlight pedals | TrackIR | Win10

Caucasus | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria

A-10C | AV-8B | F/A-18C | F-16C | UH-1H | SA342 | Mi8 | Ka50 | FC3 | CA | SC | Kiowa