Problem finding Su-35t skin texture

Worrazen

Hello I use the free version only and I have trouble finding the default Su-35t texture for the outer skin.

The Luas in "af standard" point to something called SU39-... etc - I've been trying to search the whole DCS folder but I guess they are in zips, however later trying to search inside zips ... long story short after I thought something was missing i just reinstalled the whole thing (and to a faster HDD) so going to see now what happened with that.

I just want to make my own skin mod and I haven't found any tutorials on the web with a few searches.

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Weird filenames, i hope it's not a real BMP just renamed to DDS.

I guess im looking for is SU39-PAINT1-DEF-01.BMP (+ .DDS ext presumably)

If the description.lua for russian "af standard 1" skin is to believe but I have downloaded a skin pack for su-25t to look how it's done there and none of them use double extension with BMP, but those were all ofcourse custom mods, i assume they modified the originals to make it, i just can't find the originals anywhere.

Okay, had to use the proper option to find this thing, can't believe something like this isn't documented anywhere around here.

Well, same filenames in various places, gonna take some more trial and error.

qFYaBx4.jpg

And all those aren't found, seems like the game's searching for these not really finding the location, it goes down and it looks in various kinds of folders that are totally irrelevant for the rest of the PAINTs ..

This is a 750 MB logfile ... I better get back to searching

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Okay now I took out the network query and for the paint1 it found only this.

GXp17xT.jpg

So basically there's no other entries, i'll turn off the above filter and look for more possibilities.

This network query is part of the filesystem it's not real network activity because that's another filter that's already disabled and I didn't save the file with the rest included.

Now after several hours grep finished it's search inside files

Where that filename is mentioned it's only in 1 description lua file and 6 EDM shape files.

Which are in Bazar\World\Shapes

3 for su-25 and 3 for su-39 2 of each are _lod

----------------------------------------

Maybe there's some kind of a naming-proxy and the textures are what I think I found manually somewhat before, those are the closest I could find, but ofcourse I could be wrong since I am familiar there are more su-25 versions that are paid-only.

And those are in

DCS World\Bazar\Liveries\su-25\Abkhazian Air Force

and they are not named SU39 but as SU25

Which I'm going to test out as I modifed one of them and I'll see if it shows up on the plane.

-----------------------------------------

Pretty much everything that starts "SU39-PAINT ..." is not found.

I think I loaded campaign mission 1 or free flight, don't remember, I didn't fly (view) with the aircraft, but no way those textures wouldn't be preloaded unless it's some kind of bug.

Finally

With help of NOD32 Antivirus which shows all the files inside archives in a complete log window ("log/show all objects" not enabled by default, scan options ..), scanned the whole 16GB install, copied the whole thing out to a txt, searched and i found it to be in Bazar\World\textures in the WorldTexturesBMP2.zip file.

Hopefully now anyone else will find this thread and save 5 DAYS OF TIME (like 10 hrs combined)

Edited by Worrazen