Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

Hey Ciribob, if I haven't said it already, thanks for this magnificent script.

Bugreport (I think):

CTLD won't register a JTAC which has been respawned with mist.respawngroup.

Looks like line 4935 "if _jtacGroup == nil or #_jtacGroup == 0 then" in fact returns nil or 0.

Thats by design - when the jtac is dead / not accessible the script for it stops - but you can turn it back on again by just calling

ctld.JTACAutoLase("somename",1688)

again

If you're using respawn you should be fine as the group name stays the same

If its clone with mist - you'll have to find the new group name to call the init function again

I've set ctld.JTAC_lock = 'vehicle' but the JTAC Unit still

targets troops sometimes seemingly if a troops group are closer than a group containing vehicles. Is this by design or something not working correctly? JTAC status states it has visual on ATMZ-5 which is a truck in another group, but lasing Soldier AK.

Sounds like a bug - i'll have a look.

Anything thats not a soldier should be counted as a vehicle

Thanks for reporting :)

Tried a couple of things with what you've posted above but it's obviousley harder than I thought for me:

I created a simple mission where one should take the Ka-50 (Blue) at a FARP (hot start), pick up a Vulcan, fly 3 km to the north, destroy 1 Red ground unit, land and deploy the Vulcan. Now this should complete the capture and the Blue ground unit should spawn to capture the base. The last part doesn't work...

If it's not too much work for you could you please check it out?

I'll try and have a look!

Hi Ciribob, I've tested the script a lot and it works fine.

There is only one problem in my opinion.

If I have one logistic in A and one in B, if I take a crate in A, I'll not be able to unpack it near A but is important that I can unpack it near B (to reinforce a base for example)...

Now, if I take crate in A I can't unpack it also near B (because there is a logistic also in B)...:noexpression:

Can you solve it?

For now thats not something i'm going to add, due to time - sorry

Is there an ELI5 for running this? I want to force JTAC to IR Point a target at night, but I can't figure out how to use this script to do it. The "Intro to Lua Scripting" tutorial here on the forums isn't helping much either. Totally lost.

I'd give a quick read of the docs here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-CTLD

and then watch

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hi Ciribob.

The accompanying heavy transport flyables (C-130/IL-76) have not been usable for a while. I

know how to add other unit types as transports but I was wondering if there has been any attempt to restore the ability to use these aircraft, or if you have some idea why they no longer work?

Thanks!

Hi Ciribob.

The accompanying heavy transport flyables (C-130/IL-76) have not been usable for a while. I

know how to add other unit types as transports but I was wondering if there has been any attempt to restore the ability to use these aircraft, or if you have some idea why they no longer work?

Thanks!

I did use them in one of my missions maybe 2 years ago. I'm sure 104th_Maverick uses them in his Operation Longbow campaign. Might wanna look up his CTLD script.

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

2 years ago they still worked. ;)

I'll ask Maverick if he's done anything special but it's not anything to do with the functionality of transport aircraft in CTLD, the modules themselves don't work. We've been using a Yak-40 mod as a substitute for the time being but that has also gotten spotty lately (only works with air starts.)

At a glance, there's nothing different about the file structure vs. other user-made flyables but I don't do airframe coding so I don't know exactly what I'm looking for.

Sorry fixing those mods it's not on my radar at all, no idea how to go about doing that. I should just remove them as it's been years since they worked!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I'm having a weird behaviour here in the script regarding the menu of the ground units to be selected by a coalition as crates to pick up.

For Red it's supposed to be Shilka, BMP-2 etc. which is what appears to be on the menu list. But once I select a crate the message that pops up says that I had picked up a Vulcan or a Bradley instead. Never had this before. All is set correctly. The CTLD file is attached.

CTLD alpenwolf.lua

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

I'm having a weird behaviour here in the script regarding the menu of the ground units to be selected by a coalition as crates to pick up.

For Red it's supposed to be Shilka, BMP-2 etc. which is what appears to be on the menu list. But once I select a crate the message that pops up says that I had picked up a Vulcan or a Bradley instead. Never had this before. All is set correctly. The CTLD file is attached.

Not all the weights are unique, you have two crates that are 800 so itll get confused.

Make sure every weight is unique and you'll be sorted :)

Not all the weights are unique, you have two crates that are 800 so itll get confused.

Make sure every weight is unique and you'll be sorted :)

Roger that :thumbup:

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Maybe this has been addressed here before (didn't checksad.gif),

but I made a single VoiceAttack profile that manages all the Radio Menu CTLD/CSAR variations.

Just say "Load Infantry Quad" etc... and it happens without any addition inputs required.

Just checkin to see if any general interest. If so, will post in appropriate thread.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here can help me out? I have been polishing one of the CA Push campaign missions. Originally it was for learning purposes, but I became heavy handed and put quite of bit of time in it. It's 95% complete except I would really like the JTAC AutoLase function from your script. The mission is attached below.

1. I have attached a screenshot of one of the mist errors I'm getting on mission load. The file name always changes in the error. I might have a small idea on the issue, but wanted to be sure before I went through time to correct it and be wrong. I have tried searching the web...but I don't get enough information on what exactly I need to address accurately. I understand it may have to do with groups or units? The script doesn't like "!" on line 7 next to '<' in the temp files?

2. I am trying to employ JTAC units as a 4 man infantry team that moves with waypoints. From documentation there can only be one unit FAC in a designated JTAC group? Is this that correct?For now I am only trying to get the AutoLase working for the predator.

Thank you in advance,

Best

1909984521_MistError1.thumb.jpg.c1bf4794bb43d9c36935575013785231.jpg

CA-Push - 8-1-CTLD.miz

Edited by RepoMan

- Coffee Lake i7k @ 5.1GHz (delidded, custom loop)

- EVGA 1060 6GB (video card crisis purchase)

- 32GB DDR4 @ 3333 15 CAS

Say you have a trigger zone called "Trigger Zone Senaki" at Senaki (Blue) for picking up troops/crates. The trigger zone is listed in the pickupzones list among many others and assigned for Blue (number 2) only:

ctld.pickupZones = {

{ "Trigger Zone Senaki", "orange", -1, "yes", 2 },

}

Now, if Red destroys Senaki's Blue ground units and deploys troops on the ground, Senaki turns Red. Only one thing is not working:

Senaki turns Red -> triggers an action -> do script:

ctld.pickupZones = {
{ "Trigger Zone Senaki", "orange", -1, "yes", 1 },
}

This code is supposed to activate the pickupzone "Trigger Zone Senaki" for Red only. For some reason when spawning in a Red Mi-8 after capturing Senaki I can only pick up crates but no troops! It's like the code is working but a bit limited. On the other hand, after Senaki turned Red, I spawned in a Blue Mi-8 just to make sure the trigger zone is deactivated for Blue. Same issue; crates can be picked up but no troops although both should be blocked for Blue.

Hmmm...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

you should use this in your do script depending if you wanted it activated or deactivated

ctld.deactivatePickupZone("Trigger Zone Senaki")
ctld.activatePickupZone("Trigger Zone Senaki")

I7 8700K @ 5Ghz | 32Gb DDR4 | Strix 1080ti | Warthog Throttle + Stick on Virpil T50 Base | Omen 32"

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone here can help me out? I have been polishing one of the CA Push campaign missions. Originally it was for learning purposes, but I became heavy handed and put quite of bit of time in it. It's 95% complete except I would really like the JTAC AutoLase function from your script. The mission is attached below.

1. I have attached a screenshot of one of the mist errors I'm getting on mission load. The file name always changes in the error. I might have a small idea on the issue, but wanted to be sure before I went through time to correct it and be wrong. I have tried searching the web...but I don't get enough information on what exactly I need to address accurately. I understand it may have to do with groups or units? The script doesn't like "!" on line 7 next to '<' in the temp files?

2. I am trying to employ JTAC units as a 4 man infantry team that moves with waypoints. From documentation there can only be one unit FAC in a designated JTAC group? Is this that correct?For now I am only trying to get the AutoLase working for the predator.

Thank you in advance,

Best

$ file l10n/DEFAULT/mist.lua
l10n/DEFAULT/mist.lua: HTML document, UTF-8 Unicode text, with very long lines

Your mist.lua is actually an HTML document and not a lua script.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

you should use this in your do script depending if you wanted it activated or deactivated
ctld.deactivatePickupZone("Trigger Zone Senaki")
ctld.activatePickupZone("Trigger Zone Senaki")

Thanks a lot! Works fine now :thumbup:

However my intial thought was having one code line deactivating one side and activating the other at the same time using the same trigger zone rather than having 2 trigger zones and 2 code lines. But it's ok that way...

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Hi Ciribob,

I am currently working with function which is called from CTLD (Latest from github) callback function.

I have tested in both single player and multiplayer and I seems not to receive any inforantion about user in args table? I can see only information about AI group involved.

Regards

Wingthor

Moose framework contributor

• 2 weeks later...

Ok this is a huge thread with long history. I want to ask where can I find the manual for the types of missions.

For example I do not know what Recon mission is for? Some guys in MP servers fly Recon and I have no idea why. Any guide that explains all of those? I checked GitHub and 1st post but didn't find what I'm looking for.

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

I would love to have a manual that explains what to do from the player side of things. What I’ve read is all aimed at mission designers. There are a couple of MP servers that have CTLD enabled but ill be damned if I can figure it all out. I just want to be able to transport troops to help the cause but I can never seem to find a straight answer.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

Hi Ciribob,

I am currently working with function which is called from CTLD (Latest from github) callback function.

I have tested in both single player and multiplayer and I seems not to receive any inforantion about user in args table? I can see only information about AI group involved.

Regards

Wingthor

SOLVED:

Figured it out

Sorry for the delay all - totally missed these!

Hi Ciribob,

Regards

Wingthor

Glad you got it sorted - apologies I couldnt help out.

Ok this is a huge thread with long history. I want to ask where can I find the manual for the types of missions.

For example I do not know what Recon mission is for? Some guys in MP servers fly Recon and I have no idea why. Any guide that explains all of those? I checked GitHub and 1st post but didn't find what I'm looking for.

CTLD doesn't have recon missions as such - it enables the pick up and drop off of troops / vehicles and the building of certain structures. Check my signature for a link to example missions that people may setup

I would love to have a manual that explains what to do from the player side of things. What I’ve read is all aimed at mission designers. There are a couple of MP servers that have CTLD enabled but ill be damned if I can figure it all out. I just want to be able to transport troops to help the cause but I can never seem to find a straight answer.

There are two main things you can do - Troop Transport or Construction of units using crates

Each server may configure CTLD in its own way but best thing to do is hit the DCS radio button and look through all the options in F10 Menu -> CTLD

You can without loading anything - deploy smoke markers and deploy radio beacons

If the server has a troop pickup zone - generally this is marked with smoke. Land near the smoke - and again use the F10 Menu to load troops into the helicopter. Fly where ever you like and drop them off again using the Troop menu in the F10 CTLD Menu. Troops that have been dropped off can be picked up again

For crates - there will be a logistics static placed - sometimes this is an ammo bunker but is up to the mission designer. Again land near this building - use F10 to spawn the crate you'd like to use

Depending on settings - you can load it through the F10 menu - or have to hover above it to pick it up - or use real DCS slingloading.

Again once loaded - fly to where you like - drop the crate and use F10 CTLD Menu to unpack it. It will warn you if you're missing pieces of the thing you're trying to build.

Best thing to do really is ask for help on the particular server - as each one will differ :)

There is plenty of YT vids with examples how to use, Here :)

Regards

Wingthor

• 2 months later...

Shouldn't the crates have an affect on transport helicopters? For example, a jeep of some type weighs 1200 kg. That should actually restrict me from carrying as much fuel/rockets as I want. I understand it to be complicated to write a script that is capable of infiltrating into the game's script. Maybe with licence from ED?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Shouldn't the crates have an affect on transport helicopters? For example, a jeep of some type weighs 1200 kg. That should actually restrict me from carrying as much fuel/rockets as I want. I understand it to be complicated to write a script that is capable of infiltrating into the game's script. Maybe with licence from ED?
It's not that it's difficult, it's actually impossible ( for multiplayer). There is just no method in LUA to add weight to an aircraft unfortunately

It's not that it's difficult, it's actually impossible ( for multiplayer). There is just no method in LUA to add weight to an aircraft unfortunately

That's why I mentioned the licence issue. You think, they might appeal?

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

• 2 months later...