Complete Transport and Logistics Deployment - CTLD

On 2/7/2021 at 9:16 PM, Wakeshift said:

Maybe I'm wrong and it's always worked. But if not, give it a try! Simple change to the object deployed by unpacking the crate(s):

Hi !

Good find, I've been trying to do this for a few years.

I updated my spawn code (you can look here if you want) and I'm now able to spawn a fully functional FARP.

The only problem is... IT DOES NOT WORK IN MULTIPLAYER ! The FARP simply does not spawn !

ARRRRRGH the disappointment !

Has any of you managed to spawn FARPs in MP ?

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

1 hour ago, davidp57 said:

Hi !

Good find, I've been trying to do this for a few years.

I updated my spawn code (you can look here if you want) and I'm now able to spawn a fully functional FARP.

The only problem is... IT DOES NOT WORK IN MULTIPLAYER ! The FARP simply does not spawn !

ARRRRRGH the disappointment !

Has any of you managed to spawn FARPs in MP ?

Yes.  Look back one page at my posts there.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

11 hours ago, fargo007 said:

Yes.  Look back one page at my posts there.

Which one, specifically ?

I read the post where you explain how to add a shape_name to help spawn an invisible FARP (thanks, btw), but nothing about it not working (or, better, working) in multiplayer.

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Too bad 😢

Silly question, I can do a lot with CTLD, but I can not control the order of the spawnableCrates menu.  How do you determine the order? 

Example, I have multiple groups of spawnable crates: sams, tanks, ifvs, artillery.  How can I order them the way I want?

21 hours ago, fargo007 said:

Yes, that's the one. I just checked and you're right, it just doesn't spawn the object in MP.

I've asked for help from the dev team, let's hope they'll find out what happens on the server.

• 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, BoomBoom said:

Unable to send a CTLD spawned vehicle more than a couple of hundred meters before it stops. Anyone know why this is or noticed it themselves since the latest update?

Noticed. Its annoying thats for sure.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello,

In regards to the JTACAutoLase function, is there a way to "Pass or Skip" on a lased target? What I mean is that the JTAC lases everything (which is specified - vehicles or troops or both) so is there a way that the pilot could tell the JTAC to skip to the next target? 

Don't want to waste ammo or armament blowing up inconsequential targets like Tigr vehicles or even AAA batteries when the targets are SAM sites.

Thanks in advance.

John

On 6/1/2021 at 10:50 PM, King39 said:

In regards to the JTACAutoLase function, is there a way to "Pass or Skip" on a lased target?

Good question, or a good feature request!

Another request: It seems in Combined Arms as Tactical Commander you can't access the CTLD functions. Can it be adapted for CA? Driving around in a JTAC Humvee, I can't access "my own" spotting information. Also, is there a way to configure display time for spotted target coordinates? I'd like to write them down to put a mark on the F10 map in multiplayer, but the display time is rather short and I sometimes can't write down the numbers quickly enough. So what's needed is a way to access the JTAC option when actually being the JTAC, and maybe longer display time.

Well, to answer my own question there isn't a function to skip or pass over a target but there IS a function to prioritize the targets thereby telling the JTAC which to lase and in what order. Much better in my opinion.

But now I have another quandary in how to turn off or deactivate a JTAC.

I've got three JTACs on the ground and are inactive until triggered by an F10 flag which is working well.
The problem is turning them off after each of their targets are destroyed.

I tried to Deactivate them (one by one) when the Player exits the zone (after a success message) but I get the message "JTAC KIA!" which doesn't look so good in-mission.
There is a ctld.jtacStop[_jtacGroupName] on line 4919 but I just can't get it to work.
What I need to do is Deactivate or stop the current JTAC (so he's not listed in the F10

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

PS - one other (little) thing  - I'm looking for a way to remove the F10 "List Radio Beacons" message. It comes up automatically under F10. Other and I can't seem to find it listed in CTLD.

On 6/8/2021 at 6:33 AM, Pilot Ike said:

Good question, or a good feature request!

Another request: It seems in Combined Arms as Tactical Commander you can't access the CTLD functions. Can it be adapted for CA? Driving around in a JTAC Humvee, I can't access "my own" spotting information. Also, is there a way to configure display time for spotted target coordinates? I'd like to write them down to put a mark on the F10 map in multiplayer, but the display time is rather short and I sometimes can't write down the numbers quickly enough. So what's needed is a way to access the JTAC option when actually being the JTAC, and maybe longer display time.

I think you can just hit F10 and select JTAC Status and the message will come back up for a bit. Kind of a round-a-bout way to do it. I'm sure there is a way to make the message stay up longer but you'd have to scour CTLD and look for that line of code.

Edited by King39

You can come to Ciribob's SRS Discord there is a channel called #help-with-ciribob-scripts-and-tts

• 1 month later...

Hey all, I threw a CTLD mission together so I could fly the Huey for a bit again.  Is there a problem with the Hawk site right now?  I saw comments here and there about AI behaving oddly, but thought it was just planes, etc.  I've deployed some Hawk sites and they never track/engage enemy aircraft, so maybe this falls under the same AI issue?  

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

21 hours ago, CL30 said:

Hey all, I threw a CTLD mission together so I could fly the Huey for a bit again.  Is there a problem with the Hawk site right now?  I saw comments here and there about AI behaving oddly, but thought it was just planes, etc.  I've deployed some Hawk sites and they never track/engage enemy aircraft, so maybe this falls under the same AI issue?  

Yes, it seems hawk sites do not track enemy planes unless their alert state is set to RED.

53 minutes ago, jonsky7 said:

Yes, it seems hawk sites do not track enemy planes unless their alert state is set to RED.

So this is something I’ve always wondered about- is there a way to change that and other ROE actions for a CTLD-spawned Hawk or other air defense system?

I have another Hawk site that’s active from mission start (placed in Editor), and it works fine. 

Edited by CL30

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

19 hours ago, CL30 said:

So this is something I’ve always wondered about- is there a way to change that and other ROE actions for a CTLD-spawned Hawk or other air defense system?

I have another Hawk site that’s active from mission start (placed in Editor), and it works fine. 

Yes, well depends, in game you can go into the F10 Map, click on any unit in the Hawk site group, in the bottom left you get the unit location info, and depending on mission settings you also get a control menu, this menu lets you set ROE and ALERT STATE (it's the same menu box for moving vehicles etc)

So the "it depends" is dependant on:

1. The unit is visible in the F10 map (ie not hidden)

2. Server/mission settings allow control of ground forces. (I'm not very knowledgeable about which setting it is)

Edited by jonsky7

19 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

Yes, well depends, in game you can go into the F10 Map, click on any unit in the Hawk site group, in the bottom left you get the unit location info, and depending on mission settings you also get a control menu, this menu lets you set ROE and ALERT STATE (it's the same menu box for moving vehicles etc)

2. Server/mission settings allow control of ground forces. (I'm not very knowledgeable about which setting it is)

Interesting! Never knew that. Thanks! I’ll play around with it this morning. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

23 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

Okay, so I went into the F10 map and clicked on a CTLD-spawned Hawk site.  No special controls pop up when I click on one of the units.  I see all the unit info, but not showing a control menu anywhere.  I've checked all the mission settings, and can't find anything that would lead me to believe it has to be "checked/allowed."  I guess I'm at a loss again, but thanks for the idea anyway!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Oh, just remembered, you might need Combined Arms to control units in game, Probably should have led with that, sorry mate 😬

If you have combined arms then you should see this in game map

menu.jpg

And the option to set it is in the mission editor here:

menu1.jpg

Edited by jonsky7

2 hours ago, jonsky7 said:

Oh, just remembered, you might need Combined Arms to control units in game, Probably should have led with that, sorry mate 😬

If you have combined arms then you should see this in game map

menu.jpg

And the option to set it is in the mission editor here:

menu1.jpg

Ahh, that makes a lot more sense!  No, I don't have CA, but now I have an excuse to get it, lol.  Thanks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]