DCS freezing on me (on MacBook Pro)

mart

Hi Everyone.

I'd be grateful for some help please.

First, I'd best explain my set-up. I've returned to the forum, and flight sims after a number of years away.

I now have a MacBook Pro, with Windows 7 running in a boot-camp partition. I haven't had compatibility problems apart from usual strictly windows problems (old programs etc) and they've been sorted. The Windows partition seems to be running nice and fast, with no glitches. It has almost no programs on it. It's a vanilla 64 bit Windows 7 install, and then some games games.

My Macbook is USB 3.0 In order to add some speed to the DCS program, I installed it on a Samsung 256 USB 3.0 external Solid State Drive, using a USB 3.0 cable.

I've found it personally hard to get to get going, because of the learning curve, but have had incredible encouragement from forum members, and today I got down to it. I made myself immortal and went for a harmless instant action "Go for a tour".

I set the visual definition on all three of its average settings, whilst I was investigating my problem (below)

I am using a Saitek Cyber Evo joystick with updated drivers.

This is what happened. Loading of scenery and objects was fast ( I used the incorporated SU-25t) but very strangely, it flashing back to the windows desktop briefly,whilst it was going through the full load-up of different objects, until it was ready to go. Seemed a bit weird, bu the loading was was fast.

Then I'd start my Instant Action tour flight, and the plane was totally frozen. I could look around outside and inside the cockpit, using the correct keys, but couldn't control a thing. The plane just stayed there, stable, but un-moving. I could admire it from all angles, but nothing else. In this state, it seemed entirely stable, and showed no signs of crashing. It was just frozen, whilst I could look around it completely smoothly.

I wonder if anyone had any thoughts on what is happening. I know that usually I might try a variety of things, but I am new to problems that I've heard can be caused when USB 2.0 meets USB 3.0. I have only just started using bootcamp, the program is new to me, and the installation is on an external drive, but which will make the whole process a lot faster than my 5400 rpm internal optical hardrive. I just have no idea where to start, with my problem.

If anyone has any idea what's happening, it'd be great to know. But please don't waste too much time on it. You've given me a lot of help already.

Many thanks

Martin

Press the PAUSE/Break Button on the Keyboard?

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs