Mission Testing

MrRogers

Greetings everyone,

Greetings,

Just like some of you I am also a mission maker. I will be using this thread to showcase missions that I create. Hopefully they can be helpful to the community. I will also post up any resources I come across that will help with the actual creation of missions i.e. LUA scripting triggers etc. Please remember this is a work in progress, so any feedback or suggestions would be great.

Range DCS 1.5

A training range with ranges of multiple difficulties, respawning targets, carrier ops, playable JTACs, and spawnable OPFOR flights. Based around Anapa, this mission caters to a wide array of training scenarios.

To do

*Revise range placements

* More capable AD for ranges 3 & 4

*OPFOR Convoys throughout range area.

Additions

*AWACS (A-50) and Tanker (IL-76M) on station

*Aircraft Slots Named appropriately

*Playable JTAC units implemented

*Added more RUS aircraft at Krymsk.

*Combined individual aircraft into the same flight.

*Fixed multiple flights that were set to non-client status.

RUS aircraft need WP taskings

NTTR RANGE DCS 2.0

I am now releasing my range map for the NTTR. Very similar to the 1.5 range but with less flyable aircraft pending DCS 2.0 stability investigations. You do have F-15C, A-10C, UH-1H, and KA-50 to mess with though.

Everything seems to be working, but if you notice any thing peculiar let me know.

Some info:

Ranges and OPFOR Flights (Comm Menu) will respawn up to 3 times with a message after clearing each range, and a final "RANGE CLOSED" notice after the final wave.

Rotary Base is between Range 1 and 2 pending more farp placement.

Trigger Zones left visible for testing. They represent the maximum engagement range of each specific range.

To Do

*Add more flyables

*Add more FARPS

* Roving ground patrols

*Playable JTAC slots

ROLLING THUNDER

A mission for Huey and Sabre enthusiasts. Aircraft are on alert status at Batumi. Follow your flight plan, find the convoys, and save the day.

Additions

* Moving zone smoke marker for a 5MI radius around each convoy. (Players within 5 miles of a convoy will see red smoke marking the target.)

*Fixed: Convoys now activate when appropriate aircraft are crewed. ( if no aircraft of a particular type are crewed, they convoy assigned to that flight will not activate.)

To Do

*Add Voiceovers

*Add possible Mig-15 interception

*Adjust convoy composition based on feedback.

Enjoy!

Range.miz

Rolling Thunder.miz

NTTR Range.miz

Edited by MrRogers
Updated January 10, 2016

CO 6vMAW

Looking for wingmen? Come Fly with Us!

In your reactivation scripts you may need to check for True in the condition by adding '== 1'. I'm not a LUA expert though.

See the mission attachment,,, it's how I would do it -- look at Range #3 groups and events. Also look at the Flags attachment for a naming and flag scheme to help your mission structure. Using regular events is easy to troubleshoot, and, I'll say it, not as prone to version update issues.

Load your mist with a Once and Time More Than ... I use 4 seconds. There is a later version,,, I'm on 3.5.37.

Messages length is good at 20 seconds.

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.

That looks like it will work, and it is easy enough to troubleshoot.

If you ever wonder if a flag is firing you can add in an Action -> Message as visual feedback.

If you lead your group names with something like "Blue" and "Red" then they will all sort into their two sections on the Unit List, instead of having them listed mixed. Same for the Events -- they are spread out rather than grouped with like events together. Take a look at my attachment.

:-)

WC

Visit the Hollo Pointe DCS World server -- an open server with a variety of COOP & H2H missions including Combined Arms. All released missions are available for free download, modification and public hosting, from my Wrecking Crew Projects site.