SPS Jammer Pod unusable.

Toybasher

As of right now, the SPS Jamming Pod is completely broken. It does not auto-release Chaff or Flares, and the lock on light is not coming on when I'm being locked with radar. I am not sure if the jammer function works, but considering the state it is in now, I doubt it. (Have not actually tested in mutiplayer. I know AI mig's can use the SPS to jam you, though.

Can it be fixed and made functional in a later update? It's sort of important as the radar jamming would make the mig a bit better against radar guided missiles. Right now it's nothing but dead weight that can hold extra chaff/flares for you.

As of right now, the SPS Jamming Pod is completely broken. It does not auto-release Chaff or Flares, and the lock on light is not coming on when I'm being locked with radar. I am not sure if the jammer function works, but considering the state it is in now, I doubt it. (Have not actually tested in mutiplayer. I know AI mig's can use the SPS to jam you, though.

Correct, the jammer on the MiG currently does not work against AI and player controlled aircraft. Neither does it work against SAM systems.

Can it be fixed and made functional in a later update? It's sort of important as the radar jamming would make the mig a bit better against radar guided missiles. Right now it's nothing but dead weight that can hold extra chaff/flares for you.

I fear the way how jammers are currently implemented in DCS World, they still will be just dead weight even after an update.

Check out my YouTube: xxJohnxx

Intel i7 6800k watercooled | ASUS Rampage V Edition 10 | 32 GB RAM | Asus GTX1080 watercooled

Going against fighters you're probably better off not using a jammer, the MiG is so small that before you can get picked up on radar you're more likely to give away your position or attract unwanted attention rather than stay hidden away.

DCS jammers do nothing to deter missiles at the range they are fired.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Going against fighters you're probably better off not using a jammer, the MiG is so small that before you can get picked up on radar you're more likely to give away your position or attract unwanted attention rather than stay hidden away.

DCS jammers do nothing to deter missiles at the range they are fired.

You don't want it to work?

• 3 weeks later...

Any dev updates on this? In hindsight it's not a big game breaker, (You're trading in a fuel tank, which is important since the mig is a gas guzzler.) but there's one campaign mission which involves using a jammer on a sam site, and obviously it does not work right now.

Any dev updates on this? In hindsight it's not a big game breaker, (You're trading in a fuel tank, which is important since the mig is a gas guzzler.) but there's one campaign mission which involves using a jammer on a sam site, and obviously it does not work right now.

+1 Will it be implemented?

+2

Aoh3nRlpILWRhVJuHgyghEUYOrRvPuJAwRWuWO6Hl3sVmtY5tlQdGgB-hG50MUVrQYxBsGEe2mF4lKMAPWEFQQ==?uid=0&filename=i-find-your-lack-of-a-response-disturbing.jpg&disposition=inline&hash=&limit=0&content_type=image%2Fjpeg&tknv=v2&rtoken=a950e301b2fd0c42e78655112151775e&force_default=no

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Ok... Come now... No dev response to any thread about this after all this time? Cobra or someone at LNS, can you please at least acknowledge one of the several threads about this and let us know if it will ever be done???!!!

I love LNS and there products, and look forward to the Viggen, but the handeling of this has been a bit off, no? Acknowledgement would be nice at least

Edited by Hook47

Ok... Come now... No dev response to any thread about this after all this time? Cobra or someone at LNS, can you please at least acknowledge one of the several threads about this and let us know if it will ever be done???!!!

I love LNS and there products, and look forward to the Viggen, but the handeling of this has been a bit off, no? Acknowledgement would be nice at least

https://leatherneck-sim.mantishub.com/view.php?id=38

The jammer pod has worked properly in various versions.

In some it does not work.

We are investigating.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 1 month later...

Anybody got any clue what is happening with the pod in the new update? Seems like working and not the same time. Looks like the jammer working though.. Any ideas expert can help?

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led