[F-86F Sabre] Sabre Challenge

Hi Folks,

Here's a simple, straightforward, skills-building mission that I enjoy playing myself and hope you all do as well. Please feel free to post your Trk's and Tacview files when you complete the mission.

Feedback Welcome:

You must install the 39th Server Pack in order to play this mission. You can get it here: https://goo.gl/5BnEY9 The pack is JGSME ready and should be installed in that fashion only.

The server pack will add Korean War era weapons, vehicles, skins and my label mod. Installation will also allow you join the 39th Korean War Server.

***Important***Please try to keep from pulling more than 7Gs during this mission in order to have the most realistic experience possible.

Destroy the convoy traveling south from Russkoye on the road perpendicular to and just west of the runway at Mozdok before it can enter the city of Mozdok. You must then land safely to complete the mission.

There will be a 2-ship of MiG 15s defending the convoy. Destroying the MiGs is not required for a mission success.

If you choose to do a ramp start, the convoy will not begin moving until you've taken off. A runway start will instead start the convoy off right away.

Thanks once again go to SiThSpAwN/Stonehouse for their Flak Script, and Lilkiki and Markindel for their great vehicle/weapons mods.

Installation:

This mission is both SP and MP compatible. Just drop the mission file here: C:\Users\PC name\Saved Games\DCS\Missions and play.

More complicated and challenging iterations of this mission will be added if there's a demand for it.

Have fun!

Bull

Screen_150521_214635.jpg

Screen_150521_215059.jpg

Sabre_Challenge.rar

+++Sabre_Challenge_Hardcore.miz

sabre_challenge_trk.rar

Edited by Invisibull
update

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Nice !!!! I will give a try this WE :)

Thanks Bull

You're welcome, Lilkiki. Hope you enjoy it. I'll be posting a more challenging version soon for those who have been able to complete the original.

i9 9900k - GTX 2080 Ti - MSI Z87 GD65 Mobo - 64GB HyperX Predator RGB DDR4 3200MHz - Win10 64 bit - TM Warthog w FSSB R3 mod - TrackIr 5.

Please check OP for the new hardcore version. In this version, flak guns now protect the convoy making successful strafing runs quite a bit more difficult. Additionally, the convoy's speed is considerably greater than in the original.

I've also attached a .trk to of me destroying the convoy and landing safely without going over 7G's. I can assure you that it took quite a few attempts to accomplish this, and it was pure luck that no bandits showed up to complicate things.

Have fun!

Bull