Has Mig-21 developement come to a halt ?

fjacobsen

I'm pretty much happy using english manual. Many terms are much more understandable than in my native lang.

I'm speculating that your native language is Russian due to the location listed in your profile. With that in mind, I am genuinely curious as to why a manual for an aircraft, built by Russian engineers, would be easier to understand in English than in Russian?

Of course, if you're talking about the simplified game manual, I can certainly understand where English may be easier.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I'm speculating that your native language is Russian due to the location listed in your profile. With that in mind, I am genuinely curious as to why a manual for an aircraft, built by Russian engineers, would be easier to understand in English than in Russian?

Of course, if you're talking about the simplified game manual, I can certainly understand where English may be easier.

Sometimes russian terms that I'm not familiar with become self explanatory in english.

For example крейсерская скорость (cruise speed), реостат (variable resistor).

Food for thought: Bug-fixes may not be able to be backported if they're part of other 2.0 related changesets.

We may just have to wait.

It might be the case. It is possible that everyone, including 3rd parties was betting on a release of DCSW 2.0 this summer. Now they might be stuck... hence the silence.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

реостат (variable resistor).

Fair enough, thank you for answering. By the way, my phonetic understanding of Cyrillic didn't let me down on the rheostat :smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Obviously we don't subscribe to the forums' 2.0 delay hysteria, and we're confident in our partners at Eagle Dynamics' ability to deliver 2.0 in a timely manner.

Generally, we consider the MiG-21 to currently be a fairly stable and playable release, with elements such as incorrect lead calculation in the ASP being the biggest issues.

Some of the art adjustments we have made for 2.0 will be difficult to back-port, and our current codebase is based on the 2.0 revision.

Thus, currently it'd be best to stay the course and update the MiG-21 properly together with 2.0.

It's possible that we will reevaluate this as time progresses and 2.0 ETA becomes more clear.

However, the general answer to the OPs' question is a big resounding no.

We're still adding various fixes and changes (the latest was native translation using the l10n system and protection system registry fixes).

Nothing is ever truly finished, and we fully intend to support our products for a long time to come.

We're even looking beyond the initial 2.0 release to introduce features like a brand new F-14 quality MiG-21 in-cockpit pilot, and German manual.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

There we have it. Right from the horses mouth. It simply doesn't get any better than that. Thanks Cobra.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Small request:

If nothing else...please release a paint kit.

I hope with a UV Snapshot...Please...see how small this request is. :)

Kinda hard to make a good skin now. I don't mind transferring skins into the 2.0 when it arrives.

Fight to fly, fly to fight, fight to win.

Callsign: Need

Shu-Ha-Ri

I love the MiG-21bis and can't wait to see the improvements and bug fixes that come with DCS 2.0, but I don't see the concern/anger over 2.0 delays as mere "hysteria". ED originally projected not only 2.0, but a new terrain by December. Then had a few delays push it to the summer. Now? Who knows when, this December? And this is just the date for an alpha release, not a polished consumer ready product.

So it is very frustrating to see so many things that are "fixed in 2.0" when its release date has already slid more than a year and may easily slide another year or more.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

He had not seen the original manual Russian pilot of the MiG-21bis.

But sir, I actually had. At least whatever I could scrounge up to 85-th page. People seem to be awfully tight-assed about sharing docs that are no longer classified for quite a while. Especially when the english-translated version is out there in the net for all to see.

Besides, the authenticity of the manual is not the point here.