Mi-8MTV2 News

News No.3

Fully implemented model of KO-50 kerosene powered defroster.

KO-50 kerosene powered defroster is installed on a right hand side outside cargo compartment to the fore of fuel tank and is covered by special nacelle.

7127636m.jpg

KO-50 kerosene powered defroster is designed to heat up the air supplied to helicopter compartments.

7131732m.jpg

KO-50 controls are located at the pilots’ right electric board.

7116389m.jpg

7115348m.jpg

The TV-1 thermometer designated for control of air temperature in passengers’ compartment is located at the right dash board.

7107177m.jpg

It’s recommended to turn on the KO-50 in “heating mode” having OAT/FAT below +10°C while engines running on the ground or using ground electric power, in flight at any time for except autorotation mode.

There are no limitations running KO-50 in “ventilation” mode.

1. Start up and usage of defroster in automatic temperature adjustment mode.

To start defroster in mentioned mode it is needed to:

1. Turn on DC power.

2. Turn on "KO-50" switch.

3. Set temperature selector to +30°С.

4. Set mode selector switch to "автомат"(auto) position.

5. Press and hold for 2–3 seconds the "запуск"(start) button.

Fuel preheater starts to function, a yellow annunciator panel “ПОДОГРЕВ ТОПЛИВА”(fuel preheating) lights up. When fuel temperature reaches 70 ±50°С (preheating time 35 ±15 seconds) fuel preheater turns off automatically, yellow annunciator panel “ПОДОГРЕВ ТОПЛИВА” goes dark. Simultaneously with fuel preheater shut down heater ignition and electric fan systems gets turned on. To annunciator panels lights up: yellow – “ЗАЖИГАНИЕ”(ignition), green – “ОБОГРЕВАТЕЛЬ РАБОТАЕТ НОРМАЛЬНО”(defroster functions normally). The annunciator panel “ЗАЖИГАНИЕ”(ignition) should go dark not later than after 2 minutes counting from "запуск"(start) button gets pressed. Defrosted is to be considered functioning when yellow annunciator panel “ЗАЖИГАНИЕ”(ignition) goes dark and green annunciator panel “ОБОГРЕВАТЕЛЬ РАБОТАЕТ НОРМАЛЬНО”(defroster functions normally) stays lit. After defroster start required temperature for helicopter compartments to be set using temperature selector switch.

2. Start up and usage of defroster in manual temperature adjustment mode.

Set “ЗАЛИВКА –ПОЛНЫЙ РЕЖИМ –СРЕДНИЙ РЕЖИМ”(priming – maximum mode – half mode) mode selector switch to “ПОЛНЫЙ РЕЖИМ”(maximum mode) position (having OAT/FAT lower than -13°С) or “СРЕДНИЙ РЕЖИМ”(half mode) (-13°С to +15°С).

To start defroster in mentioned mode it is needed to:

1. Turn on DC power.

2. Turn on "KO-50" switch.

3. Set temperature selector to any position.

4. Select “ПОЛНЫЙ РЕЖИМ –СРЕДНИЙ РЕЖИМ”(maximum mode - half mode) mode using switch located on a right dash board.

5. Set mode selector switch to "ручной"(manual) position.

6. Press and hold for 2–3 seconds the "запуск"(start) button.

Further equipment functioning it similar to start up in automatic mode.

Defroster function in ventilation mode.

When using defroster for cabin ventilation in summer time turn on KO-50 switch and “ВЕНТИЛ.”(fan) switch to on position.

Turning off KO-50 defroster.

To turn off defroster set mode selector switch to neutral position. Green annunciator panel “ОБОГРЕВАТЕЛЬ РАБОТАЕТ НОРМАЛЬНО”(defroster functions normally) goes dark. But fan still stays on. Air supplied by fan eliminates fuel from combustion chamber, cools down calorifier. Fan gets turned off by automatic temperature sensor when temperature of air coming from defroster drops below +50°C.

I wish You all to have a nice and warm flight in winter conditions! :)

Translated by - 7246389.jpg Laivynas Moderator/ED Testers Team

Edited by AlexandrT
  • Like 1

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh I do hope the effects of frosting is in DCS 2.

feeling cozy with my KO-50.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Bliss is reality.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

News No.3

Fully implemented model of KO-50 kerosene powered defroster.

KO-50 kerosene powered defroster is installed on a right hand side outside cargo compartment to the fore of fuel tank and is covered by special nacelle.

Will these newly added switch animations also affect the UV map of texture?

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Will these newly added switch animations also affect the UV map of texture?

It shouldn't effect UV maps as they are adding animations not editing the maps. ie adding a dummy connectors to the switch to animate.

P.S. awesome news on the Mi-8 getting some love.

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

It shouldn't effect UV maps as they are adding animations not editing the maps. ie adding a dummy connectors to the switch to animate.

P.S. awesome news on the Mi-8 getting some love.

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

News about Mi-8MTV2.

In this topic I will announce the implemented changes and additions to the Mi-8MTV2 Magnificent Eight.

News No. 1.

Virtual flight engineer has been implemented - he will handle fine tuning of the autopilot controlls.

Normal work of the autopilot is characterized by fluctuations of arrows "K", "T", on the (IN-4) trim indicator of the automatic flight control system near to their neutral positions.

7104751m.jpg

In case arrows "T" or "K" are near their limits, 7137511m.jpg the flight engineer at the command of the first pilot should tune them to neutral positions using pitch and bank channels' centering handles on the (AP-34B) autopilot control panel.

7137518m.jpg

Fine tuning of the autopilot in game had to be done using key commands or mouse manually, also by shuting down and turning on the autopilot that distracted user from the piloting process, because in game he was only one to controll everything. And in real life fine tuning of the autopilot handles the other crew members not engaged in piloting.

Now in game we have an additional option - the autopilot's auto-tune. Activation of "AUTOPILOT ADJUSTMENT" options enables automatic fine tuning of indexes on the (IN-4) trim indicator bringing them to neutral positions, without any user input.

7105762m.jpg

We implemented a specific command which can be assigned to keyboard or joystick. Command activated by player starts the process of (IN-4) trim indicator indexes fine tuning from any positions they been at the moment untill indexes become centered.

7080162m.jpg

Thus, the Mi-8MTV2 helicopter aircrew commander shell not distracted from his direct duties and pay a maximum attention to flight itself.

Video as the the flight engineer at the command of the first pilot adjusts to neutral positions using pitch and bank channels' centering handles on the (AP-34B) autopilot control panel on take-off.

Translated by - 7246389.jpg Laivynas Moderator/ED Testers Team

Edited by AlexandrT

Very nice progress!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...

News No.4

News No.4

«П-503Б» (P-703B) cockpit voice recorder is now animated («П-503Б» as a system is not implemented)

7258685.jpg

7260732.png

«П-503Б» cockpit voice recorder is designed for registration of information and special signals coming from radios' output channels or intercom on wire medium.

Voice recorder control is carried out from commander's pannel located on a left hand side electric console.

Voice recorder should be turned on before engines' start, turned off - after helicopter landing and complete engines' shut down.

Translated by - 7246389.jpg Laivynas Moderator/ED Testers Team:thumbup:

Edited by PilotMi8

WE-HEY! I only found this thread just now* - where have I been? I smell a patch a-comin'... the only question is when :music_whistling: Keep up the good work guys!

* Ummm, no. Have only forgotten in the meantime :doh:

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

News No.5

Work is continued. Activated all circuit breakers.

Now-

7306718.jpg

Will be-

7285214.jpg

Real cockpit.

7320018.jpg

:)

:thumbup:

I wondered why these magically stayed down when flipping the thing that do nine at a time (I don't know what these are called)

Thanks for all your wonderful work!

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64