Mi-8MTV2 News

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fan is in your face, gunners are not. The fan is on even in peace time work, gunners are not. The fan is cool... gunners are useless, thus uncool.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

The fan is in your face, gunners are not. The fan is on even in peace time work, gunners are not. The fan is cool... gunners are useless, thus uncool.

Your right there cousin :)

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very keen on the fan animations but super keen on door gunners.

I'm hoping for 2 side gunners, a rear gunner, and a nose gun for the engineer. That would be fantastic fun.

I'm also hoping we get a selection of a few different gunner weapon options such as KORD, dshkm, 30mm grenade launcher, PKT.

...Sheila rides on crashing nightingale. Intake eyes leave passing vapor trails...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:lol: :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TaliG - 373vFS

“Do not repeat the tactics which have gained you one victory, but let your methods be regulated by the infinite variety of circumstances.”

Sun Tzu, The Art of War

News No. 18

News No. 18

Activated "MV Main Switch".

6245957.jpg

It includes chains of mine arms if the system of a mining is installed,

at us it is not established.

In real the helicopter is simply equipped additionally, put the Control panel by mine arms in a cargo cabin, and after a suspension bracket of containers with mines, are ready to application.

Would love to some scatmin in DCS and laying obstacles would be a great capability. Hope this makes it to fruition........

System Specs: i7 8700k @ 5.0GHz (not delidded), ASRock Extreme4 Z370 MOBO, EVGA GTX 1080 SC 8GB, 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz DDR4 RAM, Samsung Evo 240GB SSD, Samsung Evo 500GB SSD, 1TB HDD, Noctura NH-D15S Heat Sink, Acer VE278H 27" 1080p Monitor, Ocukus Rift CV1.

Controllers: TrackIR 5, Thrustmaster HOTAS X, Saitek Throttle Quadrant (with DIY removable collective mod), Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals.

Just trying to keep my number of takeoffs and landings equal!

Grenade launcher out of a helicopter door is less than worthless, I've done it and it's a dismal failure. (HK-69)

I don't care either way if such things are added to our Mi-8, but I don't think your experience can be used for such a broad statement. The US Coast Guard fires sniper rifles from helicopters at the engines of moving boats to stop them if they don't cooperate. It's surprisingly effective. The use of helicopters and tranquilizer guns is also fairly common for tagging large predators. Both are bound to be a hell of a lot harder than lobbing a grenade in the general vicinity of a target. This is especially true when talking about vehicle mounted automatic grenade launchers instead of single shot handheld ones.

I'm not saying any of this is easily done, I'm sure it's very difficult. But with proper training and a little natural talent, it is certainly doable.

In any case, thanks BST for continuing work on the Mi-8. It's already a great module, but putting all these finishing touches on it is much appreciated.

Edited by King_Hrothgar

I think there is a fundamental misunderstanding of how grenade launchers work here. I've carried snipers on our helicopter before, I know their capabilities.

I'll just say this, if you think it's fine to just saturate an area with imprecise grenade fire, keeping in mind that the area can only be a few hundred meters away from the helicopter, then you guys are totally right. From an altitude of approximately 300 feet, the max range for a grenade launcher out of the helicopter is about 300 meters. If that seems like an effective strategy to you, then I'll back you there.