Mi-8MTV2 News

Are there plans to add the kneeboard bookmarking feature in the MiG-15 to the Mi-8 (and ideally ALL modules!)

I LOVE that bookmarking feature. So handy! Makes the kneeboard MUCh easier to navigate especially when you add your own custom pages. :-)

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will the Cargo Camera like in the huey also be available?

The camera is already in-game.

hmm... have to check that, didnt see it yet... thanks!

EDIT: I only have the Cargo Indicator?

cargo indicator is the camera you can only activate it when you're near a sling load that you need to pickup

Okay, then its clear ^^

This is an Indicator, not a Camera ;)

it would be a Camera, when it is like in the Huey... ;)

Yes, I was confused by this too! The Huey has BOTH the indicator AND the camera. I was expecting the Hip to have both as well but it only has the indicator.

If possible, I'd like the Hip to have both too. The indicator is great for picking up cargo but it's the camera view that's needed when trying to accurately place the cargo down.

The AI Flight engineer voice guidance is very cool! But, I'd like to have the option of the camera for precision drops too. :thumbup:

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Thanks Alexander,now we can find them all easily.

I've just started to finally get serious with the Mighty 8 after all these years, and she really is a work of art - a magnificent helo! She's got plenty of power on tap compared to the Huey, and that almost did me in when I first tried to get her airborne; however, Lady Luck intervened and here I am in one piece still. The switchology is kind of painful though, but thanks to Devrim's excellent English cockpit I'm already getting to grips with the bulk of it. Now if I only understood how to fire the weapons, but all in good time I suppose :music_whistling:

So thanks again for a great whirlybird! I'm thinking of naming mine the Stoli Shaker, BTW :D

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Msalama, read through Chuck's Mi-8 guide and you'll be firing weapons in no-time.

Yah, that I gotta do :thumbup: Chuck's guides are excellent, very concise and clear. Thanks for the reminder mate.

News No. 22

News No. 22

News guessing game!

[ame]

[/ame]

Who the first will guess, what in "Mi-8MTB2 to the Magnificent Eight" changed this time?:)

Translated by - 7246389.jpg Laivynas Moderator/ED Testers Team:thumbup:

Edited by AlexandrT

Is it that the gun sight glass can now be folded up?

ahhh there is no gunsight glass :)

Edited by SilentGun

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

News No. 22

News guessing game!

Who the first will guess, what in "Mi-8MTB2 to the Magnificent Eight" changed this time?

This video shows implementation of helicopter buffeting during transition to diagonal airflow on take-off. Same feature is present in DCS: UH-1H Huey.:)

Edited by Laivynas

This video shows implementation of helicopter buffeting during transition to diagonal airflow on take-off. Same feature is present in DCS: UH-1H Huey.:)

Excellent !!! ... more and more close to reality. Cпасибо за вашу превосходную работу.

антонио.

:thumbup:

I love this helo. I just regret I haven't started to learn her earlier, but I guess I just got scared of all those switches and dials compared to the Huey. But it really isn't as bad as it first seems, and Chuck's excellent guide has me firing weapons already as well.

Plus, unlike the Huey I get to carry 20 dudes into combat instead of 10 at a time, which is a big, big plus :) Keep up the good work BST, this is a MASSIVELY cool chopper!