Mi-8MTV2 News

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously... with such level o detail going into the helicopter, you have no excuse to exclude a ladder for the lateral door :D

I have a crazy friend that dreams to enter the helicopter just like in a real one some day... maybe with Oculus like hardware. And obviously he needs a ladder.

the Chinook is a flying gas tank, well actually many gas tanks on each side... I suppose this could be one too... :joystick:

ASUS Strix Z790-H, i9-13900, WartHog HOTAS and MFG Crosswind

G.Skill 64 GB Ram, 2TB SSD

EVGA Nvidia RTX 2080-TI

55" Sony OLED TV, Oculus VR

Holy shit! Nice flying.

Can you please explain how you did this? I'm serious.

I know you are a Mi-8 pilot with a lot of experience, but a sim-amateur like myself without a downward facing cargo cam like the Huey (which is really a cheat) doesn't stand a chance.

What visual cues do you use to line yourself up? How do you gauge the height differential between the top of the tower and your heli? Etc.

Can you help us learn by telling us your thought process as you make a precision drop like this?

These videos are great (and inspiring) perhaps you could narrate them briefly so we can understand your process as you're doing them?

Anyway, I know you're not here to give flight lessons but it would be cool to get some insight from a real pilot of you feel so inclined. ☺

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Hah, beginners luck! :lol:

Seriously, impressive flying skill! :thumbup:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Holy shit! Nice flying.

Can you please explain how you did this? I'm serious.

I know you are a Mi-8 pilot with a lot of experience, but a sim-amateur like myself without a downward facing cargo cam like the Huey (which is really a cheat) doesn't stand a chance.

What visual cues do you use to line yourself up? How do you gauge the height differential between the top of the tower and your heli? Etc.

Can you help us learn by telling us your thought process as you make a precision drop like this?

These videos are great (and inspiring) perhaps you could narrate them briefly so we can understand your process as you're doing them?

Anyway, I know you're not here to give flight lessons but it would be cool to get some insight from a real pilot of you feel so inclined. ☺

+1

Would be nice to hear some tips from a real Mi-8 Pilot.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

i didin't understand what the news is. the only thing i see in this video is an excellent piloting skills which i don't have for sure :D

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Holy shit! Nice flying.

I approached a tower with the displaced course to the right. And in the left blister saw a tower top. On video it is visible. And simply wide experience is farther, I well feel the helicopter. Always I represent where there is a center of the helicopter and freight. I knew that the cable at me is exposed long - 7 meters. At 7 meters also well I feel height and distance of freight from the earth. As I saw at what height I approach a tower, maintained height about 1-2 meters from freight to a tower. And when understood that the tower is under freight, simply quickly lowered it. On fluctuation of an arrow on this device it is visible when freight concerns a surface. At once you press dumping. It is also necessary to pilot the helicopter smoothly that there was no freight swing. Fly, train and at you everything will turn out. Opportunity online to fly crew will be realized soon. As soon as it is made, whenever possible, I will help to master the helicopter.

6675260.jpg

• Like 2

i didin't understand what the news is. the only thing i see in this video is an excellent piloting skills which i don't have for sure :D

There's now a suspension/spring motion in the hoist cable, instead of it always being at the same extension.

I approached a tower with the displaced course to the right. And in the left blister saw a tower top. On video it is visible. And simply wide experience is farther, I well feel the helicopter. Always I represent where there is a center of the helicopter and freight. I knew that the cable at me is exposed long - 7 meters. At 7 meters also well I feel height and distance of freight from the earth. As I saw at what height I approach a tower, maintained height about 1-2 meters from freight to a tower. And when understood that the tower is under freight, simply quickly lowered it. On fluctuation of an arrow on this device it is visible when freight concerns a surface. At once you press dumping. It is also necessary to pilot the helicopter smoothly that there was no freight swing. Fly, train and at you everything will turn out. Opportunity online to fly crew will be realized soon. As soon as it is made, whenever possible, I will help to master the helicopter.

Thank you very much dear Sir!

@ebabil

Here is your news and what a news it is! :surprise:

...Opportunity online to fly crew will be realized soon. As soon as it is made, whenever possible, I will help to master the helicopter.

:joystick::pilotfly:

6675260.jpg

Thank you very much for the insight! It is extremely helpful to learn what we should be paying attention to as we practice.

I'm not familiar (yet) with that control on the dashboard you circled. I need to read up on that but haven't noticed it in the manual. You mention course displacement. Does it show lateral drift using the dopper radar?

As for: "Opportunity online to fly crew will be realized soon. As soon as it is made, whenever possible, I will help to master the helicopter." This would be AMAZING and a great opportunity! I hope to have the chance to learn more from you sometime :-D

Thanks again!

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Thank you very much for the insight! It is extremely helpful to learn what we should be paying attention to as we practice.

I'm not familiar (yet) with that control on the dashboard you circled. I need to read up on that but haven't noticed it in the manual. You mention course displacement. Does it show lateral drift using the dopper radar?

As for: "Opportunity online to fly crew will be realized soon. As soon as it is made, whenever possible, I will help to master the helicopter." This would be AMAZING and a great opportunity! I hope to have the chance to learn more from you sometime :-D

Thanks again!

6651698.jpg

To the right - a tower I see a course at the left!.

I'm not familiar (yet) with that control on the dashboard you circled. I need to read up on that but haven't noticed it in the manual.

In simple words it is G-meter, it shows acceleration.

Acer Aspire E5-571G-713W/Intel® Core™ i7-4510U 2.0-3.1GHz/12 GB DDR3 L Memo/NVIDIA® GeForce® 820M 2 GB/1000 GB HDD

...On fluctuation of an arrow on this device it is visible when freight concerns a surface. At once you press dumping...

...I'm not familiar (yet) with that control on the dashboard you circled. I need to read up on that but haven't noticed it in the manual....

In simple words it is G-meter, it shows acceleration.

Thank you! That's helpful. I wouldn't have thought to use it as an indicator of when cargo makes contact with the ground. Clever.

Kicking everybody out of the back, that is an extremly fun job I think. :pilotfly::thumbup:

Self-loading cargo is also self-unloading, so far the people I've had jumping out of the back made their own decision as to when to do so. But regular cargo has to be shoved out the back. We normally install some aftermarket rollers in the back to help do this, since the aircraft flies nose low, we have to push the cargo "uphill" to get it out of the back of the aircraft.

Brilliant. One question for you please answer.

How do you know you are above that building? Are you using outside view to judge it? Appreciate if you give us some tips.

P.S Sorry I haven't read other threads that people already asked above question.

Edited by sniperwolfpk5

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language

6675260.jpg

Thanks,

And multicrew sounds amazing, didn't know it was planned!

Just as a question, is there any way I can learn the job the virtual flight engineer is doing right now?

I mean... Manually fine tuning the autopilot.

I think it'll become relevant once multicrew gets realised :D