Mi-8MTV2 News

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team

Hi all

I will ask the team for more info about the Mi8, as you are aware we are currently testing the UH-1H multicrew.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Do you see videos of real mi8 moving like in dcs? and I'm talking about take off or landing and I'm not talking about stunts

@Rafo79, I don't get what are you even talking about...real Mi-8 fly in way which will make the helicopter work as long as possible.

So you mean you can't replicate real Mi-8 flying in DCS? Or just you think that real Mi-8 won't survive what are DCS pilots doing?

If AlexandrT, real Mi-8 pilot who started this thread is happy with flight model details in normal flight envelope conditions, programmed and tweaked based on his experience, then I can't complain. Although the fact that he plays DCS using full scale stick and collective lever makes the virtual Mi-8 more accurate for him than for us with our standard controllers.

On the other hand, If there are people exploiting loopholes in the flight model outside the normal conditions, gaming the game basically, so be it. There are always such guys in every flight sim community out there. It can be fun in itself anyway. At the same time there's no point in artificially programming in limitations when even real pilots and engineers don't know what these limitations are, because noone's pushing the helicopters in flight to the structural failure.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

+1000 Art-J.

I always find extremely cringy those stunts videos with whatever DCS chopper (they are just demonstrating how ignorant they are about how to fly a chopper) and even more cringy people using them to demonstrate their point about how wrong the flight model is. This is just plain stupidity and ignorance.

I couldn't explain a better way than you did.

Well I can tell you that an Mi-8 cannot go inverted and continue to fly. I’m somewhat sure the structure can handle it but the fuel and hydraulic systems cannot. However, I could not care less if people exploit that inaccuracy, it’s not like those are helpful or useful maneuvers in a mission.

can you prove me wrong?

No need, since you haven't proven anything yourself.

That video shows someone looping the DCS Mi-8, which may or may not be doable IRL, but as A16 said, the structure may well be sturdy enough to withstand such abuse. As for the rest of his videos though, he's just doing some stupid crap, which again may, or may not, be doable IRL. But judging from what I saw, he's just stressing the airframe to its limits, which may well be survivable IRL too.

So no proof one way or another. The thing is, no-one takes the RL chopper this far, so there's nothing you can compare these virtual stunts with...

now you are butt-hurt

...but then again, you're obviously here just to troll anyway. So what does it matter?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Leaving aside hydraulic systems :-) If you can do something in dcs you’ve never seen done in real life, but only after learning how to do it by repeatedly crashing and re-spawning, the fact that you can do it in dcs but have never seen anyone do it in real life says nothing about the FM in dcs, only about the attitude toward death show by real and digital pilots...

Cheers.

@Rafo79, I don't get what are you even talking about...real Mi-8 fly in way which will make the helicopter work as long as possible.

So you mean you can't replicate real Mi-8 flying in DCS? Or just you think that real Mi-8 won't survive what are DCS pilots doing?

No need, since you haven't proven anything yourself.

That video shows someone looping the DCS Mi-8, which may or may not be doable IRL, but as A16 said, the structure may well be sturdy enough to withstand such abuse. As for the rest of his videos though, he's just doing some stupid crap, which again may, or may not, be doable IRL. But judging from what I saw, he's just stressing the airframe to its limits, which may well be survivable IRL too.

So no proof one way or another. The thing is, no-one takes the RL chopper this far, so there's nothing you can compare these virtual stunts with...

...but then again, you're obviously here just to troll anyway. So what does it matter?

Why trolling? so just because you want a module that have a FM with serious deficiencies after 7 years of development means that nobody have the right for asking for a better product?? Beside, I say it very clear, I'm willing to PAY for an extension, again, P A Y!!!! with real money and not with unconditional loyalty!!!! You should ask the developers if they want my money or your unconditional loyalty....just don't cry.

+1000 Art-J.

I always find extremely cringy those stunts videos with whatever DCS chopper (they are just demonstrating how ignorant they are about how to fly a chopper) and even more cringy people using them to demonstrate their point about how wrong the flight model is. This is just plain stupidity and ignorance.

I couldn't explain a better way than you did.

What!! this is a GAME! yes, you at your age are playing with games same as me. Everyone have the right to play like they want. That thing of "hard core simmer" doesn't exist! it is just the way how you want to play the game.... come on bro, ignorant and stupid just for dong stunts??? you must be a very bitter person... :doh:

Why trolling? so just because you want a module that have a FM with serious deficiencies after 7 years of development means that nobody have the right for asking for a better product?? Beside, I say it very clear, I'm willing to PAY for an extension, again, P A Y!!!! with real money and not with unconditional loyalty!!!! You should ask the developers if they want my money or your unconditional loyalty....just don't cry.

Serious deficiencies? Where? Just because the behaviour is somewhat erratic on the extreme edges of the envelope which no sane pilot would put the chopper in?

You are a classic example of a less-than-sensible flight simmer. Trying to prove a point by showing idiotic aerobatics which prove nothing. I've flown hundreds of hours in DCS Mi8 doing combat missions and never have I required doing stupid things like that guy on your videos.

This is not an aerobatic chopper. Take your flight model complaints to the Gazelle developers.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

What!! this is a GAME! yes, you at your age are playing with games same as me. Everyone have the right to play like they want. That thing of "hard core simmer" doesn't exist! it is just the way how you want to play the game.... come on bro, ignorant and stupid just for dong stunts??? you must be a very bitter person... :doh:

He is playing a flight sim meant for accurate simulation of a chopper. He (and most people) prefer to fly it like it flies in real-life. That includes avoiding doing stupid things.

You can do stunts all you want but when you try to complain about the flight model being inaccurate just because your stupid stunts don't work out the way you IMAGINE they should, that's where most sensible people draw the line. He isn't bitter, it's just you with your snarky remarks that prompted it in the first place.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Why trolling? so just because you want a module that have a FM with serious deficiencies after 7 years of development means that nobody have the right for asking for a better product??

Most, if not everyone here want as refined FM as possible, but you want something which is literally impossible. Developers cannot implement realistic failures under borderline catastrophic flight conditions, because again, noone, including designers and real pilots, knows what these failures look like.

At the same time, from my perspective, implementing some pure fantasy failures just for gameplay purposes is on exactly the same level of "non-realistic" as having no failures at all and thus not worth the money and programmer's effort.

As long as one flies the chopper by the numbers as the real thing, according to DCS or real flight manual, one doesn't even spot these FM loopholes. I only found out about them when the stunt guy started posting his vids some time ago on this forum. Not that this knowledge is needed for anything useful anyway. So you're already getting probably the best product available on the current market, because neither P3D nor X-Plane offer helicopters of similar flight fidelity. Whether MS2020 will bring something better remains to be seen.

P.S. - I'm not strictly against doing unrealistic and silly things in DCS, every now and then I do them as well when I'm in the mood for fooling around. I just don't judge the FMs and DMs based on these experiences, because I understand this is "gaming the game", exploiting limitations and doing things aircraft were not supposed/programmed to do.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

• ED Team
BIGNEWY, could you please also inform whether the Mi-8 will get an updated cockpit (or the Huey for that matter)?

Team are on their Xmas / new years holiday currently, I will ask when they return .

I am not aware of any plans however at the moment for updated cockpits.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Leaving aside hydraulic systems :-) If you can do something in dcs you’ve never seen done in real life, but only after learning how to do it by repeatedly crashing and re-spawning, the fact that you can do it in dcs but have never seen anyone do it in real life says nothing about the FM in dcs, only about the attitude toward death show by real and digital pilots...

Spot on it takes some practice and even a tad of theory to do loops and such in DCS helis, is it exploiting the FM duno, do you come unstuck real fast if you miff it? Absolutely. Lets face it given the situation in real life it really is not an option rules regulations etc.

In DCS (any sim) it is zero consequences.

Is it fun in VR hell yeah, oddly enough when ever I get a chance to get into a real helicopter I have zero inclination of going nuts. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

a FM with serious deficiencies

Serious deficiencies my boot. You haven't proven anything yourself, you're just spewing conjecture based on someone else's extreme flying. Try harder please.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

but make it work like it's suppose to fly is very difficult. Do you see videos of real mi8 moving like in dcs? and I'm talking about take off or landing

The Mi-8 is a difficult aircraft to handle IRL and DCS replicates this well, perhaps more training and better sim equipment will help you more than putting your own uneducated YT based opinion above that of real engineers and pilots who created this wonderful piece of software.

i5-8600k @4.9Ghz, 2080ti , 32GB@2666Mhz, 512GB SSD

I'm always laughing about this kind of "discussion". For the forth decade now :lol:

Yes, flight sims don't reflect 100% reality. Which is very good because dying in an aircraft crash isn't so funny - I hear people saying so at least.

Who cares if the simulation of whichever aircraft in DCS isn't "realistic"? Almost no user of DCS will ever be able to compare the sim with the real thing and even if so - would it make any difference?

Ryzen 3700X, 2080ti, 32GB, HP Reverb, Rift S, Thrustmaster Warthog, Crosswind, SFX-100 motion rig :thumbup:

Team are on their Xmas / new years holiday currently, I will ask when they return .

I am not aware of any plans however at the moment for updated cockpits.

Thanks

I want paid DLC with new features. Like A-10C and Ka-50 (and hopefully F-5E) :)

Edited by Schmidtfire

I want paid DLC with new features. Like A-10C and Ka-50 (and hopefully F-5E) :)

+1000 :thumbup:

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

Well, to be fair. I've seen a comment by a real Mi-8 pilot.

He said

if the Mi-8 was as sensitive to VRS in real life as in DCS, no Mi-8 pilot would ever graduate from pilot school

I guess you can interpret that anyway you want.

Either way, I am happy with the flight model. Practice makes perfect.

And I will try to dig up that source, if anyone whants it. (It was basically the only comment ha made about DCS)

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

Every time this comes up it's been shown that the descent rate at which the DCS Mi-8 enters VRS matches the descent rate at which the actual Mi-8 enters VRS (People usually stop arguing once they realise the gauge is metric).

It's not that the FM enters VRS too easily, it's that without haptic feedback, it's too easy to exceed the correct flight envelope.

If you use a FFB joystick VRS isn't really an issue unless you're flying it unrealistically and really throwing the aircraft around - which it isn't made to do.

Cheers.